Sign in to follow this  
pennsyrules

Campbell's team

With wins against WVU and Ohio U, Kolat definitely seems to be making some headway.  Other teams struggle for depth and Kolat has 47 kids on his roster!  His roster is littered with kids from all over as well.  Even has a couple kids from Finland.  Interesting to see what he is able to do here.  Does anyone know what kind of commitment Campbell's administration has given to wrestling?

Great start for Kolat and company. Not so much for Ohio and WVU...I wonder what WVU fans are saying about Henson? All of those transfers last year certainly made me curious.

Edited by rlw028

Kolat took over a program 3 years ago that had a total of 11 wrestlers. The Administration is providing unbelievable support for the program and the new wrestling room is full of athletes now. Full complement of scholarships and strong alumni support. Great assistant coaches. This is a program ready to explode on the scene. Great recruits showing interest in the University. Brand new state of the art Engineering Center and Nursing Center. Nice area in North Carolina. Had nearly 300 at the kick-off banquet after the outdoor wrestle-offs. Beautiful campus with strong academics.

Edited by santos

Thanks for that info.  Great to hear! The south continues to improve and build programs so that is great.  You guys ready to give Marstellar a chance?lol

Also noticed in the Pitt score that Weircioch is not in lineup.  I'm assuming he lost to Teshawn Campbell?

Thanks for that info. Great to hear! The south continues to improve and build programs so that is great. You guys ready to give Marstellar a chance?lol

Also noticed in the Pitt score that Weircioch is not in lineup. I'm assuming he lost to Teshawn Campbell?

Wiercioch did not wrestle off, nor did he go to any opens. Something is going on there, but nothing official released.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Kolat has the APR taken care of. Excellent job on his part. The thing I like best about Kolat is that he really cares about the student-athletes. That means so much in Division 1 wrestling. Many coaches only care about winning and sometimes at all costs. Kolat watches out for his athletes and does so much for them. I am very impressed with the way he runs his room. World Class training by a World Class Coach.

Thanks for that info.  Great to hear! The south continues to improve and build programs so that is great.  You guys ready to give Marstellar a chance?lol

Also noticed in the Pitt score that Weircioch is not in lineup.  I'm assuming he lost to Teshawn Campbell?

and also that Racciato was back in the Pitt lineup. 

Kolat has the APR taken care of. Excellent job on his part. The thing I like best about Kolat is that he really cares about the student-athletes. That means so much in Division 1 wrestling. Many coaches only care about winning and sometimes at all costs. Kolat watches out for his athletes and does so much for them. I am very impressed with the way he runs his room. World Class training by a World Class Coach.

I don't believe you  "take care" of the APR in two years. This implies the APR was bad 6-7 years ago.

I don't believe you  "take care" of the APR in two years. This implies the APR was bad 6-7 years ago.

While it can't be "taken care of" in a technical sense having the student athletes perform in the class room makes it a moot point. 

While it can't be "taken care of" in a technical sense having the student athletes perform in the class room makes it a moot point. 

First, not that anyone suggested this but in no way am I slighting Kolat. My point is more that if it's good now, things were also being "taken care" of the 2 years before he came and he has kept it up. This is about people staying eligible over 4 years.

First, not that anyone suggested this but in no way am I slighting Kolat. My point is more that if it's good now, things were also being "taken care" of the 2 years before he came and he has kept it up. This is about people staying eligible over 4 years.

Yep. 

I reduced my redundant and useless internet data this time. 

Actually, the APR is still below the 930 it's supposed to be (926 for 2011-15, the last year data is available for, but they got a waiver for the 2016 and 2017 NCAAs because of the progress made, combined with the near-impossible situation Joe Boardwine left him in APR-wise), but the two years that Kolat is partially responsible for (2014-15 completely, and 2013-14 partially) have been much better than they had been, and in fact, the 2014-15 number was a perfect 1000. The number coming off the rolling four-year average is an 882, and as a result, the (four-year) APR should be significantly better than it has been in a long time once the 2015-16 numbers are released next April/May.