Sign in to follow this  
TheRealOne9050

Valdes pins Chamizo

i cant believe how chamizo became world champion..... 

Neither do I, sometimes.

Really?  I suppose you could make the argument he got a little lucky in 2015 because of Ramonov getting upset by Navruzov and Chamizo didn't have to face him, but he has only lost one world-level match in two years, and that was super close to Asgarov.  This match you posted is up a weight against a fellow Cuban-background guy who looks up to Chamizo like it's the biggest match of his life while it means very little to Frank.  It's not a shocking upset and it means absolutely nothing about Chamizo's quality.  I mean, did you watch him at the Olympics?  He's a freak that can only be beaten by a couple guys in the world on his best day at his natural weight.

Really?  I suppose you could make the argument he got a little lucky in 2015 because of Ramonov getting upset by Navruzov and Chamizo didn't have to face him, but he has only lost one world-level match in two years, and that was super close to Asgarov.  This match you posted is up a weight against a fellow Cuban-background guy who looks up to Chamizo like it's the biggest match of his life while it means very little to Frank.  It's not a shocking upset and it means absolutely nothing about Chamizo's quality.  I mean, did you watch him at the Olympics?  He's a freak that can only be beaten by a couple guys in the world on his best day at his natural weight.

You're right, Maligned. I don't doubt Frank's skills at all, he's a freak indeed. Obviously he deserved to become world champ. He's elite and I'm a big fan of him. But I didn't like him at all at the Olympics, to be fair. Also, I'm starting to believe he's losing some focus. Too many sponsors, too much hanging out with famous people. In my opinion, he's not going to win another world championship again, let alone compete in Tokyo. But I hope he will make me eat my words.

You're right, Maligned. I don't doubt Frank's skills at all, he's a freak indeed. Obviously he deserved to become world champ. He's elite and I'm a big fan of him. But I didn't like him at all at the Olympics, to be fair. Also, I'm starting to believe he's losing some focus. Too many sponsors, too much hanging out with famous people. In my opinion, he's not going to win another world championship again, let alone compete in Tokyo. But I hope he will make me eat my words.

Very solid points. He's so fun to watch, so I hope he stays relevant, too. It's hard when you're as naturally skilled as him to realize that it's only going to last physically for a brief period and you have to take advantage of every moment you've got. 

Any chance he goes the MMA route? I would have no complaints.

he's freak???? maybe! but he's world champion, maybe lucky there in Vegas, but won a gold medal! he's technique is very dengerous, he does stupid things on the mat, Frank was close to victory in Rio for bronze! 

he's freak???? maybe! but he's world champion, maybe lucky there in Vegas, but won a gold medal! he's technique is very dengerous, he does stupid things on the mat, Frank was close to victory in Rio for bronze! 

When we say "freak" for an athlete, it means we have top respect for him being able to do crazy things that normal people can't do. I doubt google translate gave a good translation for that one in Russian, because it's a negative word if you're not talking about wrestling, MMA, weightlifting, etc.

What drives me crazy when I watch him wrestling sometimes, it's his overconfidence. Let's take the Euro finals against Kaya, for example. Frank didn't take a single shot for the entire match and let his opponent shoot on him countless times. He won in the end, but it was way, way too close for comfort. That was very frustrating to watch as a fan. And just as Abdul says, he usually makes a lot of silly mistakes, because of his dangerous and over-the-top style.

When we say "freak" for an athlete, it means we have top respect for him being able to do crazy things that normal people can't do. I doubt google translate gave a good translation for that one in Russian, because it's a negative word if you're not talking about wrestling, MMA, weightlifting, etc.

sorry sir, my English is bad, for me freak is bad word.... C: 

I was at Vegas for the 2015 World's, and yeah maybe there was some luck there with some key people taking some losses, but overall I thought Chimazo wrestled fantastic. Now fast forward to the Olympics, (and after watching Chimazo's matches several times), I did not think he looked as good as he did the year before, and the reasons could be numerous. As far as this match is concerned, I guess there are two ways to look at it, on one hand you could say the match is fairly meaningless, the second, could be that perhaps Chimazo's ability is sliding somewhat.

and yet the USA cannot produce a product like this? that atmosphere was awesome, packed house, chanting fans probably throwing down some German biers, coaches coming onto to mat to celebrate, bare chested fans congratulating the wrestler after a dramatic pin.

great stuff.

By the way, when Frank's on, the only one who has the more chances of beating him constantly is Asgarov. It seems Ramonov kinda struggles against Chamizo. In 2015, if they would have faced each other, I think the Russian would have probably been defeated. But right now, I believe Ramonov has the edge.

A well trained Chamizo can defeat easily this clown.

Bundesliga is not a world championship.

Bundesliga is good money for wrestlers, it is not WC or Olympics yah, also like in World Cup not ready wrestleres 100%. True wrestling in Olympics, EC, WC, Ivan Yarygin, GGP Baku, sometimes Medved and Yashar Dogu. An other tournaments are injured wrestlers or not ready to matches. 

Edited by Abdullahgadzhi Khuzin