Sign in to follow this  
Buckxell

I really enjoyed the Mark Hall era

Really impressed by how Mark Hall looked in that match, actually.  Brucki was freaking huge, and very game, and Hall took him apart on the feet with stuff which anybody will have a hard time defending.  He got hit with a flawlessly executed tilt, now for four points, and couldn't make up the gap while giving up 'cut' points.  Cael probably looks at that match and sees easy fixes and undeniable talent.

It was posted on the PSU board that Mark seems to think he will be wrestling at the Scuffle. Would be good for the tournament if they worked it out. Not sure that I've seen this at the Scuffle before.

I believe the scuffle allows you to take a certain number of guys but only 10 can score and the rest compete unattached. One of my old teammates wrestled unattached there for Eastern Michigan his true frosh year but that was also 10yrs ago. Lol

I believe the scuffle allows you to take a certain number of guys but only 10 can score and the rest compete unattached. One of my old teammates wrestled unattached there for Eastern Michigan his true frosh year but that was also 10yrs ago. Lol

Yes, but PSU isn't going to the Scuffle.

Under previous management. I don't recall Eastern Michigan ever going to the Chattanooga version of the Scuffle, and I've been there every year since it moved to Chattanooga (and the last year it was in Greensboro as well).

Technique isn't an issue for Hall, but he'll need to gain some horsepower to compete consistently against the brick $hithouses he'll see in college.  I would have expected him to take some losses this season against Top 10-15 caliber wrestlers, but with respect to CJ Brucki, who had heard of him before yesterday?     

Watching the match, they looked a weight class or two apart. Hall is muscular for a high school kid, but needs to put on some size for the college level. I have no doubt that he will. For what it's worth, Brucki didn't start wrestling until high school and has gradually worked his way up through the levels. These guys have polar opposite wrestling backgrounds. Brucki's win is a boost for all of the guys who get started later. 

Edited by superbowlhomeboy

Yes people wrestle unattached all the time.  However in the past it is always people with teams who are competing in the Scuffle (unlike the Midlands which realy operates as a true open tournament)  If Hall can't go to the Scuffle he should just do Midlands.   

Yes people wrestle unattached all the time. However in the past it is always people with teams who are competing in the Scuffle (unlike the Midlands which realy operates as a true open tournament) If Hall can't go to the Scuffle he should just do Midlands.

Hey, someone gets it!

Under previous management. I don't recall Eastern Michigan ever going to the Chattanooga version of the Scuffle, and I've been there every year since it moved to Chattanooga (and the last year it was in Greensboro as well).

He said it was 10  years ago....back when you were single.

Any wrestler that can match David Taylor's career will have scored enough team points at NCAA's to be among the 5 best collegiate wrestlers of all time at the tournament.

I'm sure this is bait. So, you define someone with 2 losses (one being by pin) at the tournament to be amongst the '5 best collegiate wrestlers of all time at the tournament' .... ok.

Taylor was and is awesome. But c'mon man. Ease up on the fanboy crush.

I'm sure this is bait. So, you define someone with 2 losses (one being by pin) at the tournament to be amongst the '5 best collegiate wrestlers of all time at the tournament' .... ok.

Taylor was and is awesome. But c'mon man. Ease up on the fanboy crush.

I told you what the metric was. Team point scoring by wrestler. And he IS among the 5 highest team point scorers in NCAA Tournament history. I wrote that to offset the shade going his way from certain quarters.