Sign in to follow this  
chiefstorm

Huskers vs. Nitt Lions

Nebraska wheelhouse is the same as PSU. Disaster city for them.65-97 could be ugly. Kokesh should win but it is a coin toss this looks like a rout. Kokesh, Green and Kiley only possible winners and all are suspect. With bonus this is a huge blow out assuming Altons wrestle

Nebraska wheelhouse is the same as PSU. Disaster city for them.65-97 could be ugly. Kokesh should win but it is a coin toss this looks like a rout. Kokesh, Green and Kiley only possible winners and all are suspect. With bonus this is a huge blow out assuming Altons wrestle

Sueflohn has no shot against Andrew Alton?

I agree Sueflohn has no shot vs Alton, maybe his weak leg attack works against less talented guys.It is possible Alton wrestling mostly 2nd string guys recently has hurt him some but I think he wins easily over Jake

It is damn sad commentary when your only hope is not being shut out. that was the laughter you heard through your tears.

For this match and what looks like a terrible dul meet season go with RS and look to future although they are graduating two studs Ihnen and Kiley. it is a very young team and B10 is not small 4.

Their dual season isn't a complete loss. Didn't they just beat the #5 team in the country last weekend? But yes, they are young. Not any younger than the Ohio State though.....

As a Nebraskan, I am pleased with the efforts and improvements by the wrestlers and with the leadership and dedication of the coaches. GBR! Embrace the Grind and rise to the challenge!

will the Huskers pull Lambert's redshirt, or forfeit 125?

Eric Coufal, party of one, your table is ready!

OK, so sending out Coufal against Megaludis is a lot like forfeiting the weight, but still, he exists.

Coufal isn't available,...Skylar Wood is no longer with the team.

125 Megaludis mdec Coufal 4-0

133 Conaway dec Nagel 7-0

141 Kiley dec Pearsall 7-3

149 Alton dec Suefohn 10-3

157 Green dec Alton 10-6

165 Taylor Fall Wilson 16-6

174 Kokesh dec Brown 16-9

184 Ruth dec Ihnen 19-9

197 Q mdec Kolb 23-9

285 Gingrich dec Johnson 26-9

Brown's performance of late has been lackluster, but I hope he turns it on today.

Mega should do better than a major, but I'll be conservative.

Green has been sharp and Alton has apparently been out of the room for some time.

Pearsall just never seems to get it done.

Hopefully Nebraska fights the entire dual. They don't have much of a shot of winning the dual, but will be interesting to see how hard they battle. If they lay down Indiana style a goose-egg is entirely possible.

I think Nebraska is being a bit shortchanged by some people. Clearly they have some holes that will bite them today, but they also have some really talented guys that could win. Kokesh looked monstrous against Blanton and Brown will need to bring his A-game.

Pretty sure Coufal didn't travel, due to a short term health issue, and Woods is gone.Please dont even bring up the 'how does a D1 program not fill a weight', because the Huskers loaded up at 125/133 in last years recruiting class with Coufal,Woods,Morgan,Lambert,along with several less credentialed guys,and tried to bring in Cagnina as a transfer as well at 133.It is tough to find guys who will be able to hold 125 for more than a year or two. It would make no sense to burn a redshirt for Morgan or Lambert for one dual when in all likelyhood the outcome of 125, and of the dual overall is in little doubt.

I think Kokesh should be favored, and ranked above Brown at 174. Just my opinion. Also, I would give Kiley,Sueflohn, and Green at least some chance for an upset.Also Ihnen isn't going to roll over. Last year in the dual Q tossed him right out of the gate, and was ahead 7-0 before Josh came back to lost 9-6.And we all remember the rematch at Big 10s where Inhen beat Q 3-1. I hope the Huskers wrestle well.