Sign in to follow this  
chiefstorm

Huskers vs. Nitt Lions

Flying Tiger, sorry, we are talking about two different matches.I forgot about 133, where Conoway kicked ass. When I said first two matches, I was thinking about Kiley/Pearsal and the Alton/Sueflohn matches.When you came back with how the scoring went in the 3rd, I didn't even remember any scoring (at 141) so said it was off scrambles since I knew Pearsal never took any shots.I was trying to watch one match, while talking about two others. My bad. I guess what frustrated me was that Pearsal is very good at riding with legs, but didn't really try to turn Kiley, which should be a warning, or at the least, a stalemate.When they were on their feet with him having a lead, he did nothing to try to wrestle, which should also be a warning, etc. As far as Alton, he just looked like he gassed.

No one's really talking about Ed Ruth against Ihnen today.

Obviously, he's wrestling great right now. But, 18-3 over Ihnen? Wow! Ihnen ranked 8th...and actually looked a bit bigger than Ed. He AA'd last year, split with Wright and had close matches with Hamlin, LeBlanc and Steinhaus.

18-3...just WOW!

Well done Nittany Lions! Besides Green losing and Sueflohn getting the pin, everything else kinda went the way I was hoping it wouldn't.

When was the last time Ihnen has gotten teched? WOW

Inhen got cut back tilted off standups 3 times, and on one of them I think Ruth got two sets of back points.Cant win many matches like that.

No one's really talking about Ed Ruth against Ihnen today.

Obviously, he's wrestling great right now. But, 18-3 over Ihnen? Wow! Ihnen ranked 8th...and actually looked a bit bigger than Ed. He AA'd last year, split with Wright and had close matches with Hamlin, LeBlanc and Steinhaus.

18-3...just WOW!

It's hard to argue against Ed Ruth being the most dominant wrestler right now. Ihnen is definitely a quality wrestler and got straight worked today!

If Ruth ends his quest as 3-1-1-1 with 2 career losses (1 avenged and dominated doing so), he has a special place in history.

As a PSU fan, we are truly spoiled right now with DT and Ed Ruth.

I agree Sueflohn has no shot vs Alton, maybe his weak leg attack works against less talented guys.It is possible Alton wrestling mostly 2nd string guys recently has hurt him some but I think he wins easily over Jake

It is damn sad commentary when your only hope is not being shut out. that was the laughter you heard through your tears.

For this match and what looks like a terrible dul meet season go with RS and look to future although they are graduating two studs Ihnen and Kiley. it is a very young team and B10 is not small 4.

Nice call on Sueflohn. Other than the first 30 seconds, It was apparent that Sueflohns gas tank was on full and it was just a matter of time. His weak leg attacks seemed to be enough to keep the #3 guy retreating most of first period.