Sign in to follow this  
TBar1977

Fri. night lights, Seth Gross vs. Cory Clark

Gross has come a long ways. As a Hawkeye fan its certainly a match im concerned about and one im looking forward to.

Should Iowa pull and Ohio State and sit Clark in a meaningless dual? Gosh i hope not. Good thing Brands isnt wired that way. He gives the fans what they payed to watch

Good thing Brands isn't wired that way and will wrestles Clark...uh wait a minute...

Gross has come a long ways. As a Hawkeye fan its certainly a match im concerned about and one im looking forward to.

Should Iowa pull and Ohio State and sit Clark in a meaningless dual? Gosh i hope not. Good thing Brands isnt wired that way. He gives the fans what they payed to watch

Your back handed attempt at Tom Ryan appears to have back fired against you.  

Clark won't be back until second January at the earliest and that is being super optimistic. Day to day is Tom Brands trying not to tip his cards. I am hearing the same thing as a couple members on that board and I know we have different sources.

Could it be season ending?

From what I understand it shouldn't be. Gobblin on the hawkeye board would know more than I do. He has had some recruiting misses (which is why I don't try to predict what 17 years old will do) but he is connected to the program and generally has good info. I have just been told it is serious and will go into the 2nd semester.

From what I understand it shouldn't be. Gobblin on the hawkeye board would know more than I do. He has had some recruiting misses (which is why I don't try to predict what 17 years old will do) but he is connected to the program and generally has good info. I have just been told it is serious and will go into the 2nd semester.

Thanks. Hope he recovers well.

https://iawrestle.com/2016/12/01/cory-clark-expected-to-miss-south-dakota-state-dual/

Here's the article that says day to day. Yeah, one guy on HR says it's a serious upper body injury. Now they're all freaking out talking about medical redshirts

You saying you wouldn't be "freaking out" if Zain went down? The best wrestler on the team sounds like he'll be out an extended period of time, that's a significant blow to a team that has National Title hopes that hinge on the entire team being 100%.

Edited by andegre

You saying you wouldn't be "freaking out" if Zain went down? The best wrestler on the team sounds like he'll be out an extended period of time, that's a significant blow to a team that has National Title hopes that hinge on the entire team being 100%.

simple can speak for himself, but his post indicated to me not that there is no need to freak out about a potential serious injury, but rather, under the guise of not knowing Gobblin to be an insider, there was no need to freak out before the facts were known. 

Also, let me remind you that since you turned this into a Penn State thing that the Nittany Lions had not one, but TWO, wrestlers who were significantly injured just last year. Perhaps not their number 1 guy, but two very good guys, Nevills and McCutcheon. 

Hope Clark is OK.