Sign in to follow this  
LongShot

Zahid looks really solid

Anthony looks a little sloppy and maybe burned out.  Not saying CKLV semis is the end of the world but talking about a guy that was TF'ing IMAR two years ago.  Seems people have figured his game out and is not adapting.  Mat wrestling non-existent.  Zahid is rolling though.

Anthony looks a little sloppy and maybe burned out. Not saying CKLV semis is the end of the world but talking about a guy that was TF'ing IMAR two years ago. Seems people have figured his game out and is not adapting. Mat wrestling non-existent. Zahid is rolling though.

Zahid won his first match 7-6..

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Zahid looked awesome in the semis. Had a slow start to the tourney, though. May be that he was slowed down by the cut but feeling better by the semis.

Anthony does look like he's regressing. He is such an incredible athlete and always has a few moves that force rewinds, but he's just not the total package that his brother is at this point.

Zahid looked awesome in the semis. Had a slow start to the tourney, though. May be that he was slowed down by the cut but feeling better by the semis.

Anthony does look like he's regressing. He is such an incredible athlete and always has a few moves that force rewinds, but he's just not the total package that his brother is at this point.

Agreed. AV has some slick moves (im liking that sliding single leg he does) but when facing a all around solid wrestler like massa he was completely outclassed.

I hate comparing the brothers to each other.

I will say that Anthony looks like a traditional hyped "freshman" cutting his teeth in D1.

He has shown some holes in his game from bottom and some lapses in the nuetral position.

That being said, he is still and AA contender today and that isn't just something to be taken for granted.

Zahid has shown some real studly promise to compete for a National Title as predicted.

He has also shown some vulnerability conditioning wise but has figured out how to win in those situations.

Realbuto isn't 100% yet so I wouldn't go kicking dirt on him yet but it is still a big win for Zahid.

Zahid looks fantastic and is still improving. Isn't he AV's younger brother (though in the same grade)? Anyhow, his gas tank looks to be improving and he is showing himself up to the task on bottom. His real talent, though, is from his feat. He looks to be able to score on just about anyone. Realbuto is damn hard to takedown and Zahid showed that he can do it. In freestyle at least he was able to easily take down Bo Nickal and Myles Martin. Can he take down Bo Jordan? Remains to be seen but the bigger question vs Bo is whether he can get out from under. 

Steroid testing at the NCAA level is a joke.  You'd have to try to get caught.

This. Anyone who uses a blanket statement like, "the NCAA tests for steroids" is misinformed. Now, if you wrestle for the NCAA championship, yes you get a urine test afterwards that same night. But let me tell you, there are plenty of holes in the sample taking process that can be manipulated.

I have personally witnessed D1 football athletes use while in season and off. It's an excepted thing among athletes. Those who don't use keep their mouths shut an those who do keep it inner circle. It's just the way it IS. Even moreso on the professional level. Trust me people, you DONT want "real" testing at any level it would ruin your weekend sports watching. Except that it's there and just enjoy the show.

That was my experience at ISU in the 80's as well.  I had a very interesting conversation about Cornell's weight room prowess with a certain famous Mizzou alum awhile back.  However, my innocuous post about Wheaties = steroids ala Gabe Dean got the entire thread deleted.  Careful boys, we have to maintain the facade of plausible deniability within our beloved sport.

I would think more people would find watching wrestling difficult with their heads buried in the sand.

That was my experience at ISU in the 80's as well.  I had a very interesting conversation about Cornell's weight room prowess with a certain famous Mizzou alum awhile back.  However, my innocuous post about Wheaties = steroids ala Gabe Dean got the entire thread deleted.  Careful boys, we have to maintain the facade of plausible deniability within our beloved sport.

Sounds like pizzagate to me - guilty until proven otherwise?