Sign in to follow this  
TheOhioState

Cody Gardner

Is it definitely him? It seem so quiet considering the fact that he was top wrestler in HS. He would've been great in college if not for his drastically weight cutting that killed his fire. He should've gone to hwt

yes

http://www.wrestlingusa.com/0-wusaonline/vol42wusa-online06-07/0-42-photosjpegs/WUSA_may30boysAA.pdf

Cody Gardner was voted as the outstanding wrestler in wrestlingusa and nobody is talking about what is going on with his passing?

I find it incredible. Surely, there must be some information. Memorial service for him was done on dec 2. Someone must have attend it and has some information for us to have the closure.

I find it incredible. Surely, there must be some information. Memorial service for him was done on dec 2. Someone must have attend it and has some information for us to have the closure.

The wrestling community usually circles the wagons in times of tragedy. 

http://www.wrestlingusa.com/0-wusaonline/vol42wusa-online06-07/0-42-photosjpegs/WUSA_may30boysAA.pdf

Cody Gardner was voted as the outstanding wrestler in wrestlingusa and nobody is talking about what is going on with his passing?

Memorial service is to be held Dec. 6, per the obit I linked above.

Memorial service is to be held Dec. 6, per the obit I linked above.

thanks. I looked at two obits that said that he passed away in November 28th with memorial service on dec 2. After seeing your post, I returned to same obits. They have been revised to reflect the correct dates. Ah well, I hope the memorial services went well. I wish I could be there.

Gardner was one of the most impressive upper weights from neutral that I ever saw in high school. Kid was an absolute animal. I remember seeing him at Powerade take his glasses off before a match, pin his kid in about 30 seconds, and then walk off calmly and put his glasses back on. Very sorry to hear this news.

So sad. Such a crying shame that too many people don't take the blight of drugs seriously enough. Too many good people are lost to it. Culture seems to be shifting towards a permissive drug using environment. Recently it's Mary Jane ... next up ... we shall see ... It's poison people. Poison. We are failing our families and friends by not taking a strong stand.

So sad. Such a crying shame that too many people don't take the blight of drugs seriously enough. Too many good people are lost to it. Culture seems to be shifting towards a permissive drug using environment. Recently it's Mary Jane ... next up ... we shall see ... It's poison people. Poison. We are failing our families and friends by not taking a strong stand.

No, we are failing our families and friends by treating it as a criminal matter when it should be handled as a mental health matter.

No, we are failing our families and friends by treating it as a criminal matter when it should be handled as a mental health matter.

Interesting take.  So drug use should be completely legal, but only people with mental problems use/abuse them?