Sign in to follow this  
CB

Oregon St - Cornell

A very nice win on the road after a brutal flight.

CU lost this bout as follows: Chris Villalonga gives up 8 pts in the third period for the major loss. Dake not getting a pin. Shanaman giving up a MD. And of course - Nick Arujua not making weight or wrestling competitively at 133.

CU put out their 197 Lber instead of a heavy for some reason at heavy. I think they would have tied if they rolled out their heavy but OSU wins on criteria so Koll wsas probably hoping for a miracle. I know Lane is hurt but the other heavy wrestled yesterday.

OSU wrestled very well - Mangrum was a beast and Meeks got a last second TD against George for the win. Two of their (165/125) should have been pinned but fought like hell and made it through.

got it. forgot about this issue. Iowa is no longer "the top program" so I am not sure who cares as much now. If wrestling is to be successful, it will need to find it's way into mainstream markets outsude of dustbowls and into additional DMAs.

Guest Hammerlock3
If Oregon State doesn't go to National Duals next year will Koll post a youtube video calling them out (that is, if he thinks Cornell can finally beat them)?

what a stupid post

CU put out their 197 Lber instead of a heavy for some reason at heavy. I think they would have tied if they rolled out their heavy but OSU wins on criteria so Koll wsas probably hoping for a miracle. I know Lane is hurt but the other heavy wrestled yesterday.

Koll said in the post match interview that he was hoping for something dramatic. With Lane injured, he couldn't see JAP putting OrSU's heavy on his back. So Koll tossed a hail mary.

A very nice win on the road after a brutal flight.

CU lost this bout as follows: Chris Villalonga gives up 8 pts in the third period for the major loss. Dake not getting a pin. Shanaman giving up a MD. And of course - Nick Arujua not making weight or wrestling competitively at 133.

Of course it is fashionable to knock Dake at any opportunity, but it is really a strech to knock someone for a tech fall. They lost by 3, Dake getting a tech instead of a pin wasn't a factor. They lost because of 197 and Hwt.

During his Sr. year in HS, Meeks had two other major STUDS in his weight class. One is wrestling at Northern Colorado, and the other went the Football route back east. ANYWAY ... Meeks destroyed them both several times during the season and at the State tournament. He turned a corner his Sr. year, and was one of the best in Washington that year.

He then Rs'd at OSU, and has continued to get better. Slowly creeping up in the D1 rankings this year.

The kid is good.

Happy to see him get a TD late, when needed, in a hostile tough environment like Cornell. And it appears Mangrum is getting his weigh issues resolved, and is performing better.

What is disappointing, Joey Palmer at 125#, should be enjoying a RS Fr. year, instead he got thrown to the wolves by coach Z. He really should be enjoying a RS year, and getting bigger. He wrestled up in HS for his Sr. year, to garner his 3rd State title with ease ...

How in the hell, can OSU not have a stable of 125's and 133's with essentially the entire West Coast to recruit from is beyond me.

And Nahshon is a NORTHERN California kid (Chico). His Section (which Oregon State's Austin Moorehead wrestled in during high school) touches the Oregon Border.

An interesting fact regarding Cornell and Oregon State is that they each have 4 wrestlers from CA on their rosters. Cisneros is not included in that total.

During his Sr. year in HS, Meeks had two other major STUDS in his weight class. One is wrestling at Northern Colorado, and the other went the Football route back east. ANYWAY ... Meeks destroyed them both several times during the season and at the State tournament. He turned a corner his Sr. year, and was one of the best in Washington that year.

He then Rs'd at OSU, and has continued to get better. Slowly creeping up in the D1 rankings this year.

The kid is good.

Happy to see him get a TD late, when needed, in a hostile tough environment like Cornell. And it appears Mangrum is getting his weigh issues resolved, and is performing better.

What is disappointing, Joey Palmer at 125#, should be enjoying a RS Fr. year, instead he got thrown to the wolves by coach Z. He really should be enjoying a RS year, and getting bigger. He wrestled up in HS for his Sr. year, to garner his 3rd State title with ease ...

How in the hell, can OSU not have a stable of 125's and 133's with essentially the entire West Coast to recruit from is beyond me.

Wire- I agree with everything in your post except for the last sentence...@125 Rollins should have been the starter there if he would have progressed more...he was looking pretty good last year, but I think that this year has definitely been a downer for him. If you remember, Jack Hathaway from Iowa (who gave Corey Clark a loss their senior year) was suppose to be at OSU this year but is not. Word is he will be coming however. With those two considerations I would say that OSU was figuring on having two decent kids in those two weights this year. I definitely would not be opposed to adding even more - Bresser would be a good one there IMO.

The kid is good.

Wire- I agree with everything in your post except for the last sentence...@125 Rollins should have been the starter there if he would have progressed more...he was looking pretty good last year, but I think that this year has definitely been a downer for him. If you remember, Jack Hathaway from Iowa (who gave Corey Clark a loss their senior year) was suppose to be at OSU this year but is not. Word is he will be coming however. With those two considerations I would say that OSU was figuring on having two decent kids in those two weights this year. I definitely would not be opposed to adding even more - Bresser would be a good one there IMO.

The kid is good.

Good points ... As a former little guy, I am a bit biased, since there are potentially 3 or more HS weights that can become valid 125'rs ... ( 113#, 120#, 126#, 132# and maybe even 138#