184 Matt Lemanowicz vs #2 Miles Martin
197 #1 J'den Cox vs Kollin Moore
285 Austin Myers vs #1 Kyle Snyder
I have it 24 to 19 for Ohio State best case scenario for Mizzou would be
20 to 20 and Mizzou wins on criteria most wins 6 to 4 with all wrestlers
healthy for both teams Missouri wins but Tigers can not overcome 3
starters being out.

My take:

125:  McGhee dec. JRod.  3-0 Mizzou.  This is the "other" swing match.  If JRod wrestles McGhee like he did at CKLV, tOSU wins the dual.

133:  NaTo dec. Eierman.  3-3 tie

141:  Synon dec. Pletcher.  6-3 Mizzou.  This is the SWING match.  If Pletcher wins, tOSU wins.  

149:  Mayes dec. Jordan.  9-3 Mizzou

157:  Lavalee MDec. Ryan.  13-3 Mizzou

165:  Lewis MDec. Burcher.  17-3 Mizzou

174:  BoJo FALL Watkins.  17-9 Mizzou

184:  Martin MDec. Lemanowicz.  17-13 Mizzou

197:  Cox Dec. Moore.  20-13 Mizzou

HWT:  Snyder TF Myers.  20-18 Mizzou

I would be quite surprised if Synon beats Pletcher.

My only reason is that it's Pletcher's first start, up a weight, against Mizzou, and against a pretty seasoned dude.  This will be a wakeup call no matter how you slice it... for Pletcher.

You could be right, but I don't really buy the first start and up a weight argument in Synon's case. Pletcher has been wrestling college kids for a couple of months now, albeit as a redshirt. And whatever weight Pletcher will be giving up is more than offset by the skill advantage, in my opinion. I would bet the only reason Synon is at 141 is because Eierman is at 133.

I'm just calling this match out because you identified it as a swing match.

While I am a Mizzou fan I like to think I'm pretty objective, and unfortunately I see Ohio State pulling away with this one. I think McGhee is gonna have his hands full coming off an injury with a game JRod, which will be the swing match that clinches tOSU the dual. While I think Pletcher is gonna be pretty darn good, I predict Synon's length in light of Pletcher's being a true freshman and bumping up to 141 will present a challenge. Regardless, the first 4 weights are gonna be great and I hope they start the dual at 157 to increase the stakes at the end.

125: JRod dec. McGhee 3-0 tOSU

133: NaTo dec. Eierman 6-0 tOSU

141: Synon dec. Pletcher 6-3 tOSU

149: Mayes dec. M. Jordan 6-6

157: Lavallee MDec. Ryan 10-6 MIZ

165: Lewis MDec. Burcher 14-6 MIZ

174: B. Jordan fall Watkins or whatever backup they put out there 14-12 MIZ

184: Martin TF Lemanowicz 17-14 tOSU

197: Cox dec. Moore 17-17

285: Snyder TF Myers 22-17 tOSU

While I think Pletcher is gonna be pretty darn good, I predict Synon's length in light of Pletcher's being a true freshman and bumping up to 141 will present a challenge.

I used to think this way and quite frankly still consider Pletcher's stature a bit of a liability, but he surprised me by how well he wrestled (and beat) the lanky Yanni D last year. I know, don't stone me for referring to a HS match. But Yani is not just some HS kid. I believe he could AA this year and is twice the technician Synon is with a similar body type but possibly stronger (if not, certainly more powerful).

I used to think this way and quite frankly still consider Pletcher's stature a bit of a liability, but he surprised me by how well he wrestled (and beat) the lanky Yanni D last year. I know, don't stone me for referring to a HS match. But Yani is not just some HS kid. I believe he could AA this year and is twice the technician Synon is with a similar body type but possibly stronger (if not, certainly more powerful).

Totally agree with you by the end of the year. But with this match just days away from the decision to bump up I think that Synon gets the better of him this time. It's also entirely possible I'm being subconsciously influenced by Synon's clutch win over DiJulius last year into favoring Synon

Synon did also once beat a totally gassed out and dry Nahshon Garrett once. That's easily the biggest feather in his cap.

Pletcher will be ready to go, even if a bit small for the not so large himself Synon. Getting hammered by Logan Stieber and Nato every day is about as brutal a D1 baptism by fire as a true frosh could get.

Edited by wrestlingnerd

Micah Jordan v Lavion Mayes....is this the marquee matchup?  Mayes is powerful and that double is money.  Micah is one of the better offensive wrestlers in the country.  Mayes has proven more to this point but Micah is obviously a big time talent.  Can't wait to see it.  

Don't see this looking good for mizzou. I was at the NIU open and they were unimpressive. Eierman looked way

Below our expectations and I think I NATO will have his way with him. I'm thinking a MD. Eierman in the quarters gassed after the first period and basically got rode out for two periods. In the semis he was almost pinned, and got put on his back a second time although there wasn't a two count. In the finals he was unimpressive as well. Mayes always loses matches here and there often he seems uninspired. Synon has no sort of offense, his strategy in every match is ride the guy out on top in the most boring match in history- every time. My predictions:

125: McGhee dec JRod 3-0 Mizz

133: NaTo MD. Eierman 4-3 tOSU

141: Pletcher dec. Synon 7-3 tOSU

149: M. Jordan dec. Mayes 10-3 tOSU

157: Lavallee Dec. Ryan 10-6 tOSU

165: Lewis fall. Burcher 12-10 MIZ

174: B. Jordan MD Watkins or whatever backup they put out there 14-12 tOSU

184: Martin Fall Lemanowicz 20-12 tOSU

197: Cox dec. Moore 20-15 tOSU

285: Snyder TF Myers 25-15 tOSU

Edited by ArmDrag14

This JRod dude is good.  McGhee is rested and hungry.  I'll say JRod at home is the difference.  3-0 tOSU

Eierman can get sloppy, but he's so dangerous.  NaTo is merciless.  6-0 tOSU

Synon is clutch.  6-3 tOSU

Mayes is rested.  I don't think Jordan will stall enough to win.  6-6

Lavallee has never looked better in college.  He's wrecking dudes.  Major.  10-6 Mizzou

Lewis will pin Burcher.  16-6 Mizzou

BoJo will pin any backup.  If Wisman wrestles, I think its only a major.  16-12 Mizzou

Martin will pin our backup.  18-16 tOSU

Cox will control a decision since no matter what he does, the match will be out of reach.  19-18 Mizzou

Snyder is Snyder.  Tech.  23-19 tOSU

Micah Jordan v Lavion Mayes....is this the marquee matchup?  Mayes is powerful and that double is money.  Micah is one of the better offensive wrestlers in the country.  Mayes has proven more to this point but Micah is obviously a big time talent.  Can't wait to see it.

For sure the marquee match. As good as Micah is, just not sure if he can take the combo of speed and power Mayes has. Although, Micah's length and pace could be enough to knock off the veteran. I will be at this dual for sure. Can't wait

The key here is who is actually wrestling vs. sitting out. BoJo and Snyder didn't go in Vegas. McGhee, Manley, Mayes and Miklus didn't go at NIU. So aside from Manley and Miklus, do we know that the others are back? And why wouldn't Wisman go?

I'm a Mizzou homer and I don't see it going well for them at all.

125: If McGhee goes, he's too seasoned for JRod. If he doesn't, JRod decisions Assad. MIZ: 3-0

133: I think NATO welcomes Eirman to college in this one. Eirman is funky, but I still think he gets majored. tOSU: 4-3

141: Synon is terrible and the frosh gets his first "big" win. tOSU: 7-3

149: Tight match where I think Lavion pulls out a decision. tOSU: 7-6

157: LaVallee is a man on a mission and decisions Ryan, possibly major. MIZ: 9-7

165: Don't care if Burcher is a nasty country boy, Lewis will pin him after coming off his first loss of the season. Lewis is a pinning machine. MIZ: 12-7

This is where it gets ugly for the Tigers.

174: Doesn't matter who goes, BoJo by fall. tOSU: 13-12

184: Doesn't matter who goes, Martin by MD (would say by fall, but MyMar hasn't looked great lately). tOSU: 17-12

197: J'Den severely needs bonus here, but pretty sure it stays at a decision against Moore. tOSU: 20-12

285: Snyder doesn't need to go and I think Austin Myers is an absolute wildcard for Mizzou and could win convincingly if Snyder sits. tOSU: 20-16

The key will be bonus points. If Eirman can keep NATO to a decision, Synon can somehow squeak one out and 174/184/285 can avoid bonus, Missouri has a shot. Regardless, will be really fun to watch!!

Edited by The_MO_Godfather

The key here is who is actually wrestling vs. sitting out. BoJo and Snyder didn't go in Vegas. McGhee, Manley, Mayes and Miklus didn't go at NIU. So aside from Manley and Miklus, do we know that the others are back? And why wouldn't Wisman go?

I'm a Mizzou homer and I don't see it going well for them at all.

125: If McGhee goes, he's too seasoned for JRod. If he doesn't, JRod decisions Assad. MIZ: 3-0

133: I think NATO welcomes Eirman to college in this one. Eirman is funky, but I still think he gets majored. tOSU: 4-3

141: Synon is terrible and the frosh gets his first "big" win. tOSU: 7-3

149: Tight match where I think Lavion pulls out a decision. tOSU: 7-6

157: LaVallee is a man on a mission and decisions Ryan, possibly major. MIZ: 9-7

165: Don't care if Burcher is a nasty country boy, Lewis will pin him after coming off his first loss of the season. Lewis is a pinning machine. MIZ: 12-7

This is where it gets ugly for the Tigers.

174: Doesn't matter who goes, BoJo by fall. tOSU: 13-12

184: Doesn't matter who goes, Martin by MD (would say by fall, but MyMar hasn't looked great lately). tOSU: 17-12

197: J'Den severely needs bonus here, but pretty sure it stays at a decision against Moore. tOSU: 20-12

285: Snyder doesn't need to go and I think Austin Myers is an absolute wildcard for Mizzou and could win convincingly if Snyder sits. tOSU: 20-16

The key will be bonus points. If Eirman can keep NATO to a decision, Synon can somehow squeak one out and 174/184/285 can avoid bonus, Missouri has a shot. Regardless, will be really fun to watch!!

Not that it matters all that much, but you gave tOSU 3 points for J'Den's decision.  You should have it 17-15 at that point, which means sitting Snyder could cost them the dual.

Yes. Cox is one of a handful of the best P4P guys in the country but bonus machine he is not. I could very easily see a decision win if he doesn't need to bonus to give his team a chance. If he is motivated by the team score, he'll work for the major, but otherwise, I think it's 50/50 depending on his mood.

Wrestlestat has Mizzou over tOSU 18-16.  

http://www.wrestlestat.com/compare/dual/43/missouri/55/ohio-state

for giggles and stuff... 

That's even predicting Jordan over Mayes...It's also predicting Miklus to beat Martin at 184. Is Miklus still injured?

Here's the comparison without Miklus in the lineup, now it's an OSU win 20 - 15...

http://www.wrestlestat.com/compare/perma/18