149 Mayes LBD Jordan 6   6

157 Lavallee Dec Ryan 9   6

165 Lewis TF Burcher 14   6

174 Wisman LBMD Jordan 14   10

184 Lemanowicz LBMD Martin 14   14

197 Cox Dec  Moore 17  14

HWT Snyder TF Myers 17   19

Edited by smcfee

Who's Mizzou's backup at 165?  Any chance they bump Lewis to try to steal a match and/or at least hold Jordan to a decision, and still pick up a win at 165?

Great question, and an interesting notion.  Mizzou's backup at 165 is Connor Flynn, currently 13-1 with his only loss to IMar 14-6.  Not sure if it makes much sense to bump Lewis against a beefy BoJo though.  Plus, I think Connor Flynn is trying to redshirt.

Great question, and an interesting notion.  Mizzou's backup at 165 is Connor Flynn, currently 13-1 with his only loss to IMar 14-6.  Not sure if it makes much sense to bump Lewis against a beefy BoJo though.  Plus, I think Connor Flynn is trying to redshirt.

Seems like that would be out of the question then.  No sense burning a redshirt for a dual move that could backfire anyway.  Mizzou is better off hoping for bonus at 165.  

Missouri vs Ohio State

125 #7 Barlow McGhee vs Jose Rodrigues

133 #11 Jaydin Eierman vs #2 Nathan Tomasello

141 Zach Synon vs Luke Pletcher

149 #4 Lavion Mayes vs #5 Micah Jordan

157 #9 Joey Lavallee vs Jake Ryan

165 #3 Daniel Lewis vs Cody Burcher

174 Taylor Watkins? vs #1 Bo Jordan

184 Matt Lemanowicz vs #2 Miles Martin

197 #1 J'den Cox vs Kollin Moore

285 Austin Myers vs #1 Kyle Snyder

I have it 24 to 19 for Ohio State best case scenario for Mizzou would be

20 to 20 and Mizzou wins on criteria most wins 6 to 4 with all wrestlers

healthy for both teams Missouri wins but Tigers can not overcome 3

starters being out.

Is this on flo?  :)

hopefully not a BTN+ thing  :(

Call me a homer, but those of you doubting J'Dens ability to get bonus pts. need to re-assess.  A 2x national champ and Olympic medalist can't get bonus on a college freshman?!?  If the team needs bonus at that point, J'Den will get bonus.

Why only if the duel is in jeopardy? That's the frustrating part...he should be going for bonus every time he steps on the mat. Hate to say it but that's the difference between PSU and MIZ...PSU fails if they don't get bonus.

I'm just as much of a Mizzou homer as you are, but a 2-time NCAA champ and Olympic bronze medalist should, at minimum, major every opponent not in the top 5.

Edited by The_MO_Godfather

Cox probably will major Moore unless he chooses to ride him for long stretches.  Moore has little interest in mat wrestling.  He's a TD machine with a great pace who loves to attack just like his drill partner, Snyder.  But against Cox that probably means just giving up more TD's as opposed to scoring more.

Moore is a year away from being a solid title contender.  

And if Kyle Snyder doesn't wrestle, it's a huge turnabout in this dual as Bucks just don't have very good alternatives until Chase Singletary arrives.  But the Ohio State twitter feed has mentioned that three Olympians will be on hand at this dual....presumably Cox, Snyder and Dlagnev.

So Snyder is likely going to compete.

Edited by silver-medal

So then how can Mizzou win this?

125: McGhee dec. JRod. MIZ: 3-0

133: NATO dec. Eirman. Tied: 3-3

141: Pletcher dec. Synon. tOSU: 6-3

149: Mayes dec. Jordan. Tied: 6-6

157: LaVallee dec. Ryan. MIZ: 9-6

165: Lewis PIN Burcher. MIZ: 15-6

174: BoJo MDec. Wiesman. MIZ: 15-10

184: Martin TFall Lemanowicz. Tied: 15-15

197: Cox dec. Moore. MIZ: 18-15

Hwt: Snyder Mdec. Myers. tOSU: 19-18

Swings are 141 and bonus at 165, 174, 184, 197 and Hwt.

Cox probably will major Moore unless he chooses to ride him for long stretches.  Moore has little interest in mat wrestling.  He's a TD machine with a great pace who loves to attack just like his drill partner, Snyder.  But against Cox that probably means just giving up more TD's as opposed to scoring more.

Moore is a year away from being a solid title contender.  

And if Kyle Snyder doesn't wrestle, it's a huge turnabout in this dual as Bucks just don't have very good alternatives until Chase Singletary arrives.  But the Ohio State twitter feed has mentioned that three Olympians will be on hand at this dual....presumably Cox, Snyder and Dlagnev.

So Snyder is likely going to compete.

What happened to Tavenello? He is still on the roster.  Any word why he is out and when he will be back?

125: McGhee DEC Rodriguez.......0-3

133: NaTo MDEC Eierman..........4-3

141: Pletcher DEC Synon.........7-3

149: Mayes DEC MJordan..........7-6

157: Levalley MDEC Ryan.........7-10

165: Lewis MDEC Burcher.........7-14

174: Bo FALL Weisman............13-14

184: Martin TF Lemanowic........18-14

197: Cox MDEC Moore.............18-18

HWT: Snyder TF Myers............23-18

125,141,149 could all go other way. Bonus points will be huge as I have it a 5-5 split in matches.

Snyder already matched his total for regular season matches from last year with 3. I'd say he eclipses that total fairly soon.

Note: He also tripled his career pin total this year.

Edited by unbiased

Switch Eirman and Synon.  Since Eirman beats Synon, it's improves our chances at 141, and instead of going -3 and -3 (-6) at those two weights, we could potentially go -6 and +3 (-3).

Not a bad idea, but I think Eirman needs to feel what the best in the weight class feel like. Win or lose, this will help him at NCAAs far more than wrestling Pletcher.

I know Missouri likes winning duals,  but this isn't like bumping J'den, who had already won a national title at the time.