Sign in to follow this  
headshuck

BTN - no riding time clock

I don't understand your question?

Oh,  I do watch BTN. I very much like the duo that we have calling  BTN wrestling.

And, as for those same (?) announcers calling out R T ……

Hmm, I think  not. I do not hear the dynamic duo calling RT every single 10 second period of time.

Do you ?  

Oh,  I do watch BTN. I very much like the duo that we have calling  BTN wrestling.

Hmm, I think  not. I do not hear the dynamic duo calling RT every single 10 second period of time.

Do you ?  

And I thought I was the only one going senile.

Edited by jammen

Over the last few years I've seen all kinds of issues with the clock/score board we see on the screen vs. the official stuff in the gym. Sometimes the production has issues.

What's really great is some of the student union productions. We've had some classic calls including the "Stalwart", the "illegal fist to the back", and many more.  

In there defense, the B10+ guys do comment on riding time about every 10 seconds.

There really is NO defense!  How many years have they been attempting this?  They have issues with just getting the score correct and plus no riding time.  If they can't figure it out just place a camera on the official mat side clock and broadcast that in a window. ;_:

Some broadcasts have riding time, some don't. Nothing, however, is worse than the Minnesota live stream. Look at the image below. This is how it looks the whole time during any match. I measured it and the wrestling only takes up 62% of the screen. They use over 1/3 of the viewable area just to show the score and time.

BWITVyd.jpg

Some broadcasts have riding time, some don't. Nothing, however, is worse than the Minnesota live stream. Look at the image below. This is how it looks the whole time during any match. I measured it and the wrestling only takes up 62% of the screen. They use over 1/3 of the viewable area just to show the score and time.

BWITVyd.jpg

I like it, 26 - 3 and its HUGE!!

Do you ?  

Still don't understand.  Maybe use less punctuation marks and more words.

Still don't understand.  Maybe use less punctuation marks and more words.

Mr Minnesota Rodent, (oops--there I go again.tooo much) ? Always -but always, try to remember, if you will. 

People invariaby judge us by the words and the punctuation that we use to express ourselves.

In the future pls follow my subject matter. And the punctuation will speak for itself.

I bet anything that you are a pretty nice guy ?

bonus points for your understanding 

In there defense, the B10+ guys do comment on riding time about every 10 seconds.

They also make up interesting titles for penalties.  My favorite, "fist to the back" instead of stalling.

That student announcer should be traveling to all of the large wrestling meets, signing autographs and selling tshirts.   A cult classic.

Edited by stp

Tip: avoid posting like Picasso.

Mr Minnesota Rodent, (oops--there I go again.tooo much) ? Always -but always, try to remember, if you will. 

People invariaby judge us by the words and the punctuation that we use to express ourselves.

In the future pls follow my subject matter. And the punctuation will speak for itself.

BWITVyd.jpg

That's a great way to burn the sh!t out of your screen.

BWITVyd.jpg

I understand that it's done as a "liquid" design to accommodate lots of different screen types without distorting the video dimensions since some monitors and mobile devices are "more rectangular" than others.  The smaller video pane might also be a way to protect bandwidth and broadcast at a slightly lower rate.  You're right though, the layout is ridiculous.

Lmao !!

Edited by Show_Me