TBar1977

Mark Hall

Is it possible they actually have a limited number of spots and are full? If so, would it be fair to show preferential treatment for a redshirting freshman just because he goes to PSU and is a top recruit?

No. they let people in last minute every year (ex Taylor last year). Plus many kids and teams drop.

Bottom line. Midlands don't like Cael and Cael don't like Midlands

Only a tournament with an axe to grind wouldn't let the #1 recruit wrestle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wow, might as well cancel Midlands. decent tournament while it lasted.

Did anyone mention cancelling Midlands? Doesn't diminish the tournament in any way, it only would have benefitted it

How does Midlands benefit from telling the #1 recruit in the country last year (some would go further than that) that the field is full?

His wording was clumsy; I believe pish meant to write that allowing Hall would only have benefited Midlands, not disallowing him. Once you look at it this way his post makes sense.

Is it possible they actually have a limited number of spots and are full?  If so, would it be fair to show preferential treatment for a redshirting freshman just because he goes to PSU and is a top recruit?

A tournament director has wide latitude to bring people in, so allowing Hall to wrestle should have been no big deal. Their loss is Scuffle's gain. 

No. they let people in last minute every year (ex Taylor last year). Plus many kids and teams drop.

Bottom line. Midlands don't like Cael and Cael don't like Midlands

Only a tournament with an axe to grind wouldn't let the #1 recruit wrestle

That is absolutely what it looks like.  

His wording was clumsy; I believe pish meant to write that allowing Hall would only have benefited Midlands, not disallowing him. Once you look at it this way his post makes sense.

Thanks Tbar. That was exactly my intent. Typing on the phone right before hitting the sack last night.

SHP. I can see how my post was confusing. Sorry about that

Did I just read Taylor got in but Hall didn't? Aren't they with the same program? Is there an official statement from the tournament director?

I haven't heard Taylor in this year, he entered late last year so who knows if he going this year again.

Would be nice to get a statement from tournament director. Hopefully the guys from Flo follow up with this to get answers.

Edited by pish6969

I am just putting this out there because this thread is about Mark Hall.

the PSU vs Bing match last week----Hall dresses and was on the Mat for introductions----- I have had season tickets for 8 years, in this time I have not missed a home match. 

I have not ever seen a redshirt dress for a match......

Will Cael pull Hall's Redshirt? it would fill the undecided 174 spot and it could be argued Hall would increase PSU chances in March.