TBar1977

Mark Hall

I think wrestling for the "LVAC" was a key factor in the McKenna admission.  It had also been mentioned that they didn't want Midlands to be the haven for redshirts and backups when the main team doesn't attend the event themselves.  If Mark Hall were "greyshirting" while wrestling for the NLWC, I bet it would have been much more likely that he would have been accepted.  However, that would also mean he wasn't attending PSU.

I think wrestling for the "LVAC" was a key factor in the McKenna admission.  It had also been mentioned that they didn't want Midlands to be the haven for redshirts and backups when the main team doesn't attend the event themselves.  If Mark Hall were "greyshirting" while wrestling for the NLWC, I bet it would have been much more likely that he would have been accepted.  However, that would also mean he wasn't attending PSU.

Keep moving the goalposts.   McKenna was a folkstyle "nobody"

Edited by LemonPie

so whats the hypothesis now? Mark Hall should be getting the same treatment as David Taylor and be allowed to enter the Midlands no matter the circumstances?

also does anyone believe that ticket sales are going to be affected by allowing Mark Hall to wrestle? and why should it matter since those ticket sales will just be transferred to the Scuffle, right? unless Mark Hall doesn't wrestle at the Scuffle because he and coach Cael no longer want to grow wrestling if they can do it at the Midlands. 

fun thread, let's keep it going for another couple few pages. 

Look at last year's brackets,  There were only 3 1st round matches at 184. Most weights had openings but not that many.  174 didn't even have 1st round matches. 

I wonder if the Midlands decided to drop the 1st round this year or if there are really that many more entries already

Or they hate Cael .  

Because sometimes he'd rather help a poor downtrodden, down on their luck program. He tends to visit such programs to give them a boost at the gate. This year's recipient is none other than the Minnesota Golden Gophers. 

Boston U.

Binghamton

Thanks oh giver of wrestling glory.

Look at last year's brackets,  There were only 3 1st round matches at 184. Most weights had openings but not that many.  174 didn't even have 1st round matches. 

I wonder if the Midlands decided to drop the 1st round this year or if there are really that many more entries already

Or they hate Cael .  

There was bad weather last year and some teams didn't show up.  Illinois was one.

so whats the hypothesis now? Mark Hall should be getting the same treatment as David Taylor Joey McKenna and be allowed to enter the Midlands no matter the circumstances?

As I said, McKenna had NO affiliation with a DI wrestling program at the time.  Frickin' Hall's HC was the one that called to see if he could get in.  I would say that makes for considerably different circumstances.

As far as goalposts go, I didn't even know the McKenna situation to have goalposts and asked on this thread prior to my post.  I only gave my viewpoint on what the I perceive as the differences between the Hall and McKenna situations.

Let me ask this...does Midlands cut things off based on date of entry or competition level? For example, if Jason or I applied to compete at Midlands 55 (the 2017 version) RIGHT NOW, would we get in?

T.R. Foley at Intermat had this to say in today's Friday Mailbag:

"According the Northwestern wrestling staff, Coach Cael contacted them this week about adding Hall. The staff had been turning down extra entries for more than five weeks and they felt it was unfair to allow Hall to enter while simultaneously turning down other requests."

Or they hate Cael .  

Don't know why that would matter (even without the weather issue), they said registration was CLOSED, didn't say any specific bracket was full or not full.  

the big takeaway I got from this thread is that the once great Midlands is now a terrible moribund tournament that no one wants to wrestle in and that it is outrageous that a PSU redshirt isn't allowed to participate.

PSU with the killshot. It was funny the first time

Edited by LemonPie

so whats the hypothesis now? Mark Hall should be getting the same treatment as David Taylor and be allowed to enter the Midlands no matter the circumstances?

also does anyone believe that ticket sales are going to be affected by allowing Mark Hall to wrestle? and why should it matter since those ticket sales will just be transferred to the Scuffle, right? unless Mark Hall doesn't wrestle at the Scuffle because he and coach Cael no longer want to grow wrestling if they can do it at the Midlands. 

fun thread, let's keep it going for another couple few pages. 

So who do we favor in a hypothetical Mark Hall vs Kyle Dake matchup?

Since Mark Hall has been denied his privileged entrance into the Midlands, he has been denied the proper training experience that he is entitled. Any outcome of the match would there for be subject to an asterisk by the result.

the big takeaway I got from this thread is that the once great Midlands is now a terrible moribund tournament that no one wants to wrestle in and that it is outrageous that a PSU redshirt isn't allowed to participate.

You win jackass of the thread award. Congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk