Sign in to follow this  
wrestfan

Iran Wrestling News

I disagree, Dake went from 141 to 165 from 18-21. At 165 I don't think he was cutting much. From 70kg to 88 kg in 15 months is 60+ pounds, not even a close comparison.Yes I understand at 70kg I'm sure he was cutting weight but in Vegas he didn't look huge. That's a lot of weight in that amount of time.

70 kg to 88 kg = 18 kg = 39 lbs

70 kg to 88 kg = 18 kg = 39 lbs

And there's a good chance his walk-around weight was more like high 70s, so we're really most likely only talking about a walk-around gain of 20-25 pounds for a guy who I think was not yet 20 at the 2015 worlds.  Again, this is growth, but not unprecedented growth for a kid his age.  Even the total growth from maybe low 70s walk-around for making 66kg up to 88kg now is only roughly 35 pounds.  It's just not that unusual in a lot of slightly late-blooming young men's cases when we're talking about the change from age 18 to age 21.

They called up some wrestlers for a mini-camp, I think this is almost the Iranian line-up for the World Cup. interestingly they still list Yazdani at 74. despite the fact that his move to 86kg is confirmed

57, Rahimi / Sarmasti / JalaliBahar

61, Ehsanpour / Biabani / Sadeghi

65, Nassiri / Yeganeh-Jafari

70, Hosseinkhani / Rashidi

74, Yazdani / Yarahmadi / Teymouri

86, Karimi / Goleij / Ebrahimi

97, Mohammadi / Shahbazi / Tahan

125, Ghasemi / Amiri / Taheri / Mohebbi

And there's a good chance his walk-around weight was more like high 70s, so we're really most likely only talking about a walk-around gain of 20-25 pounds for a guy who I think was not yet 20 at the 2015 worlds.  Again, this is growth, but not unprecedented growth for a kid his age.  Even the total growth from maybe low 70s walk-around for making 66kg up to 88kg now is only roughly 35 pounds.  It's just not that unusual in a lot of slightly late-blooming young men's cases when we're talking about the change from age 18 to age 21.

I was thinking that if you wanted to compare his growth to one of ours it would be comparable to what D Taylor did from a 135 lbr at 17/18 tp 165 at 22 and now 189 as acompletely filled out adult.  DT and Yazdani's frames are pretty similiar. 

Edited by lu1979

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ja'far

Jafar is also the bad guy in Aladdin, although I cannot vouch for the cultural accuracy of that animated motion picture. 

So there's a good chance I might be related to a freakin' genie...awesome!

I was looking for the Persian translation if there was one rather than the Arabic, but thanks, appreciated.

wrestfan, on 08 Jan 2017 - 12:28 PM, said:

Iran (aka Mazandaran province) squad for Yarygin

57 Reza Atri

61 Iman Sadeghi

65 Mehdi Yeganeh-Jafari

86 Javad Ebrahimi, Kamran Ghasempour

97 Hossein Ramezanian

125 Jaber Sadeghzadeh

Nice, Iran is sending a team to the Yarygin. Don't think they've sent a team there the past few years? But great, this adds even more talent to the brackets.

Now, the big question - do the Americans send a team to the Yarygin? Or does the World Cup date conflict, at least with USA's varsity guys. Pretty sure Terry Brands said he likes to go there every year whereas there's usually some Iowa guys entered.

Iran squads for Takhti cup

Iran A

Sarmasti, JalaliBahar

Mehran Nassiri

Meisam Nassiri

Rashidi

Yarahmadi

Karimi

Mohammadi, Bakhtiari

Mohebbi

Iran B

Tahmasebizadeh

Behrouzirad, Biabani

Amouzadeh

Jebeli

Hassantabar, Teymouri

Goleij

Tahan

Taheri

There are more teams from Iran, but mostly non notable wrestlers. Remember Takhti cup will be team event this year, outside of 2016 olympic medalists these lists probably show Iran world cup squads

Still in 2016, they already finalized the list of eligible wrestlers for the 2017 World Team Trials.

criteria for qualifying

2016 Olympics and World Championships medalists

2016 World Junior Championships medalists

6 wrestlers from the nationals

top 3 from the "Open Championships"

Nationals were held in a team event format this year in 3 divisions. top 3 individual wrestlers (based on classification points) from Division A, top 2 from Division B and top wrestler from Division C are allowed to qualify. there were some good wrestlers from weaker provinces they easily qualified from Divisions B and C but in general the level wasn't that high outside of Division A.

The Open Championship was a kind of last chance qualifier. some notable wrestlers tried their chance here and failed. Parviz Hadi for example finished 4th and most probably will miss the trials. there will be few wild cards but I highly doubt they give him anything.

shiraz i respect u for ur work! more news about Iran please! it unites us - all wrestler of the WORLD! i try do news about Russian wreslting, u du Iranian news wrestling! atta boy! 

he should help bring back round robins/pool/groups style events

I think he wants that as well but that's not possible with current rules (having the whole competition in one day) they tried to convince UWW to make it in two days but that was unsuccessful

I think he wants that as well but that's not possible with current rules (having the whole competition in one day) they tried to convince UWW to make it in two days but that was unsuccessful

Why does UWW care what kind of format anyone uses? 

I know you don't have anything to do with it. I'm just wondering in general. Seems like pointless and stupid rule to me.