wrestfan

Iran Wrestling News

Takhti Cup finalists

57 Ahmet Duman (TUR) vs Mikhail Ivanov (RUS)

61 Akhmednabi Gvarzatilov (AZE) vs Ulukbek Zholdoshbekov (KGZ)

65 Ernazar Akmataliev (KGZ) vs Giorgi Revazishvili (GEO)

70 Younes Emami (IRI) vs Meisam Nasiri (IRI)

74 Khadzhimurad Gadzhiyev (AZE) vs Reza Afzali (IRI)

79  Jabrayil Hasanov (AZE) vs Bahman Teymouri (IRI)

86 Kamran Ghasempour (IRI) vs Ahmad Bazri (IRI)

92 Mohammad Javad Ebrahimi (IRI) vs Arashk Mohebbi (IRI)

97 Nurmagomed Gadzhiyev (AZE) vs Alireza Goudarzi (IRI)

125 Amir Mohammadi (IRI) vs Yadollah Mohebbi (IRI)

not a single finalist for Iran in lowest 3 weights !! Atri never fails to disappoint. he was terrible losing to some random junior Turkish wrestler. at 61, both Sadeghi and Ehsanpour lost to this Kyrgyz guy. Ebrahimi beat Sharifov probably he wants more than anybody else to prove himself. and Foroutan was disappointing losing by seperiority to Hamed Talebi who lost narrowly to Gadzhiyev in semifinal.

in general most Iranian wrestlers looked out of shape to me. G. Mohammadi will have a hard time to make a good team out of these wrestlers. even when they have some good wrestlers, they are all in the same weight class !

Surprised to see Foroutan lost 10 - 0 to Talebi.  Will Foroutan be added to the disastrous list of failed Iranian junior wrestlers around this weight? Talebi is already on this list himself. To me the problem with Foroutan is his slow motion shots. When he goes for leg attacks it looks like there is an invisible rope pulling him the other way. A good young wrestler and I like him but I always thought he was very slow watching him.

Shahbazi is also horrible now. I have no idea how some of these guys manage to win junior worlds against good oponents. He can't even beat Mohebi who was on the same team as him. 

As for the lower weights, I really don't think we will qualify 1 or 2 of them. Maybe even all 3. 

Edited by Shiraz123

35 minutes ago, irani said:

What happened to Ebrahimi after he beat Shrifov?

He also won the semifinal. he is in the final versus Arashk Mohebbi (Yadollah's brother) tomorrow, which won't be easy for him. Mohebbi looked good, he beat Shahbazi and World U23 champion Zubairov. in general from what I saw all wrestlers from Kermanshah are apparently in better shape to win medal in hometown. Afzali and Teymouri were also very good today (probably the best I ever seen from them)

Edited by wrestfan

2 hours ago, Shiraz123 said:

Teymouri wins at 79kg

he also lost only 3-3 in a controversial match to Gadzimagomedov few weeks ago in World Club Champs. not bad for him. at least he is better than Akbari

Ebrahimi lost to Mohebbi 2-1. I know he is good but Karimi is a much better wrestler. Ebrahimi always makes things hard for himself and you can't always win close matches. even though I think he could wrestle better with Jden Cox. Mohebbi is a tough wrestler but I can't see a bright future for him. same as his brother, he was terrible against Mohammadi who was probably 20-30kg lighter than him. he won the gold here but I think both Komeil and Hadi are much better than him.

Ghasempour won the gold comfortably, that's a pity he is in the same weight with Yazdani. (and Karimi, who is still a 86kg wrestler)  Emami beating Nasiri in the final was also interesting. I think he can wrestle much better than this. he is probably the only half decent wrestler we have around this 65/74 weights. his semifinal vs Yeganeh was a joke. at 6-6 both of them were confused who is going to win. they both were just watching each other in last 25 seconds.

8 hours ago, Shiraz123 said:

Teymouri cant wrestle 74?

he moved up to 79 right when UWW changed weight-in rules and created this new weight. he doesn't look big for 79 but with new rules that will be hard.

this is 74kg and 79kg finals

https://tamasha.com/v/bzNxw

you can say he would get a passivity caution in last minute if he wasn't wrestling in his hometown.

Edited by wrestfan

Cant say much about Taymouri with a win over Hasanov anyway. Hasanov is good but lets be honest even Yarahmadi beat him in his own country (Islamic games) and then did not do much. I've seen Hasan Tabar get destroyed 10 - 0 before also by Dieringer from American and some Georgian. They should probably send Teymouri to some international tournaments now. 

they invited a group of wrestlers to the national camp for the "Asian Championship" and Dan Kolov tournament in Bulgaria so the Asian team will be 99% from this list. there are some youngsters in the list. probably just to gain some experiences training with the big names

57, Reza Atri, Erfan Aeini, Erfan Jafarian

61, Hassan Rahimi, Behnam Ehsanpour

65, Peiman Biabani

70, Younes Emami, Meisam Nasiri

74, Mostafa Hosseinkhani, Reza Afzali

79, Bahman Teymouri, Mohammad Javad Hamidi

86, Hassan Yazdani, Kamran Ghasempour

92, Alireza Karimi, Arashk Mohebbi, Mohammad Javad Ebrahimi

97, Reza Yazdani, Hamed Talebi, Alireza Goudarzi

125, Parviz Hadi, Komeil Ghasemi, Amir Hossein Zare, Yadollah Mohebbi

4 hours ago, irani said:

How good of shape is Hassan Rahimi?  Can he medal in the worlds?  Rahimi wrestling in Iran League after two year absence

He did not wrestle the Takhti cup, is that right?

we can't judge until we see him in a serious competition. he used to be great but 2 years is a huge gap. beside that he is too big for 57 and small for 65. winning medal at 61 is nice but that's not an Olympic weight.

no he didn't. Rahimi, both Yazdanis, Komeil. Hadi, Hosseinkhani and Karimi from that list didn't wrestle at the Takhti Cup.

How good is Mehdi Hashemi?  I just read this on twitter, dated Sept 2018.  What has he done in the past few months?  did he wrestle in the Takhti cup?

Keep an eye out for the name Mehdi Hashemi at HW the future. Yesterday he won the Iran senior open 125kg as a first year junior. He had good cadet wins over Kozyrev ( Russian Euro champ and world bronze) and Zare ( Iran's 2018 Cadet Asian and world champ). Gets to legs very well.

DnDv6y0W0AA9ryd.jpg

I don't think we will see Rahimi at the Olympics for the reasons wrestfan said, too big for 57 and small for 65. They have no choice but to stick with Atri. But i'll say again, I don't think we will see anyone at 57 representing Iran in the Olympics.

That Hashemi is a talented wrestler but I read him (or his dad) has some problems with the wrestling federation. I think he was meant to wrestle at Takhti but did not weigh in. 

Edited by Shiraz123