Jump to content
wrestfan

Iran Wrestling News

Recommended Posts

 

10 hours ago, Shiraz123 said:

Abdollahi is in the final at 92. I like the way that guy wrestles. Hopefully he wins. 

 

6 hours ago, wrestfan said:

92, Alireza Abdollahi (Tehran) beat Siavash Maleki (Lorestan) 11-1

Abdolahi is awful young.  I hope they figure out a way to grow and nurture him.  I would hate to see another Cadet Champion go nowhere

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I saw Nokhodi at Asian cadet championships and thought he was a talented wrestler. Then he went to worlds and he immediately lost to Japan. But now that it was posted here that he lost on purpose to avoid Israel it does make sense. I went and looked at the bracket and it was possible he would have Israel next. I have to say they did a good job if they faked it because you can usually tell easily. I did think it was weird that they invited him to train with the seniors after not even winning a medal in cadets but it makes sense now.

Kavousi has the same problem a lot of Iranian wrestlers have in that he is very basic. He has an underhook to pushout and not much else. I remember his bronze medal match at junior worlds in 2018 he kept getting taken down by the Moldovan kid and giving up 2 points while he was slowly getting 1 point 1 point 1 point pushouts. In the end he lost a close match.

Zare (who won at 125kg here and also won the cadet world championship a few months ago) is the same type of wrestler.

 

Generally I think Iranian wrestlers are physically strong but technically poor. The same thing that Iranian fans think is the case for American wrestlers. Maybe that was true about Americans at some point but now it is more true about Iranians. Unfortunately the problem is also seen at the cadet and junior level. 

 

Unfortunately it seems Ghiasi from Kermanshah who got cadet gold at 80kg (lost to the Russia in the final on a last second mistake but Russian failed his doping test) did not participate in this junior trial. He really impressed me. I think he could be a great 86 in the future. 

 

Edited by Shiraz123

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Shiraz123 said:

Unfortunately it seems Ghiasi from Kermanshah who got cadet gold at 80kg (lost to the Russia in the final on a last second mistake but Russian failed his doping test) did not participate in this junior trial. He really impressed me. I think he could be a great 86 in the future. 

Any idea why Ghiasi did not participate in the trials?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure. Maybe he's still eligible to wrestle in the cadet age group for another year or maybe got injured.

The guy who won cadet world gold at 45kg ( I think his name was Khalili?) also wasn't here. But he would have had to go all the way from 45 to 57kg. 

 

Edited by Shiraz123

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

that was interesting coach Rezaei didn't use Goudarzi and Komeil in the final. from what i saw they could beat Baitsaev and Khizriev to make it at least 7-3. but maybe he did the right thing giving chance to younger wrestlers. 2nd place was good result for this team.

but what I learned from this competition is that Iman Sadeghi is the worst wrestler in the world. I really don't think they should give him any other chance. He is getting worse year by year ! Afzali is a waste of time. I never thought I will say it but I think I even prefer Hosseinkhani over him lol Nassiri had couple of good wins but his final proved once again that he is not a wrestler you can count on. that was a good comeback for Komeil but all of his 3 matches were against weak wrestlers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I doubt anyone on that team has much of a future. I will say Taheri the HW gets a lot of chances but I have seem him destroyed 10 - 0 three times now that I remember. At first I thought he lost to the same Khizriev who was at the world championships but its actually a different wrestler with the same name. 

 

Sadeghi must seriously be some kind of monster in training because he gets so many chances and always gets disastrous results. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, wrestfan said:

Afzali is a waste of time. I never thought I will say it but I think I even prefer Hosseinkhani over him lol

Perhaps Afzali can be HosseinKhani's roommate in the North Korean Camp you sent him to?

34 minutes ago, wrestfan said:

2nd place was good result for this team.

Second place is a good result for the 6th seed team, but then again, other Russia, everyone Iran wrestled was the B or C representative from their country.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, irani said:

Perhaps Afzali can be HosseinKhani's roommate in the North Korean Camp you sent him to?

Second place is a good result for the 6th seed team, but then again, other Russia, everyone Iran wrestled was the B or C representative from their country.

 

LOL the problem with Hosseinkhani is he is not that bad. he always gives you false hope and then he loses in last seconds. but in Afzali's case you know he is bad from the start. so no, no North Korean camp sentence for him. LOL he better just stays at home.

PS: Mongolia was A team. they had couple of world medalists in their squad. Mongolia, Japan and Cuba were almost their best possible rosters. Cuba even had World Greco bronze medalist Oscar Pino switching to freestyle. (probably because Mijain Lopez is back)

Edited by wrestfan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Shiraz123 said:

I doubt anyone on that team has much of a future. I will say Taheri the HW gets a lot of chances but I have seem him destroyed 10 - 0 three times now that I remember. At first I thought he lost to the same Khizriev who was at the world championships but its actually a different wrestler with the same name.

I'm sure You know Taheri is related to coach Rezaei, his brother-in-law, you can't not pick your wife's brother. LOL

but yeah seriously I think he doesn't deserve anymore chance. to me this is obvious there is no future for him. during the match Rezaei was shouting at him "this is just a kid" (referring to Khizriev)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, wrestfan said:

I'm sure You know Taheri is related to coach Rezaei, his brother-in-law, you can't not pick your wife's brother. LOL

but yeah seriously I think he doesn't deserve anymore chance. to me this is obvious there is no future for him. during the match Rezaei was shouting at him "this is just a kid" (referring to Khizriev)

If Taheri is really the brother of the  coach's wife, then Taheri will be out of the team, when she says he is out of the team.  The coach does not want to sleep on the sofa

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, wrestfan said:

I'm sure You know Taheri is related to coach Rezaei, his brother-in-law, you can't not pick your wife's brother. LOL

but yeah seriously I think he doesn't deserve anymore chance. to me this is obvious there is no future for him. during the match Rezaei was shouting at him "this is just a kid" (referring to Khizriev)

 

Lol I just managed to get the video of the Taheri match now. It's actually incredible how bad he is. He just falls over. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, irani said:

If Taheri is really the brother of the  coach's wife, then Taheri will be out of the team, when she says he is out of the team.  The coach does not want to sleep on the sofa

 

that's probably the only reason he wrestled in the final. sending him to Russia and not wrestling once could put Rezaei on his sofa !

but fortunately Rezaei is the coach of U23 team. I don't know how many hears left for Taheri under 23. but as long as he is under 23 he will be in the team.

 

btw , we will have IAWF's election in few weeks. the "registration window" is right now . so far 3 big names registered, Amirreza Khadem, Alireza Dabir and Alireza Heidari ! two more days left and we will probably have more names.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, wrestfan said:

btw , we will have IAWF's election in few weeks. the "registration window" is right now . so far 3 big names registered, Amirreza Khadem, Alireza Dabir and Alireza Heidari ! two more days left and we will probably have more names.

Not a fan of AmirReza Khadem.  Poor Dabir seems to need a job now that he can't be elected to the city council, but I liked him as a wrestler.  Heidari would be interesting too!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, wrestfan said:

that's probably the only reason he wrestled in the final. sending him to Russia and not wrestling once could put Rezaei on his sofa !

but fortunately Rezaei is the coach of U23 team. I don't know how many hears left for Taheri under 23. but as long as he is under 23 he will be in the team.

 

btw , we will have IAWF's election in few weeks. the "registration window" is right now . so far 3 big names registered, Amirreza Khadem, Alireza Dabir and Alireza Heidari ! two more days left and we will probably have more names.

Taheri has to be at the end of U23 of very close to it. The guy was wrestling at junior worlds with Karimi and Hassan Yazdani. He got destroyed by Petriashvili there.

 

It would probably be better if a guy like Dabir coached instead of being the head of the federation. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was thinking maybe the youngster Amir Hossein Yazdani can be the answer for 65kg (as he won the bronze in Takhti Cup beating Biabani) but he proved me WRONG by losing badly in Asian U23 Championship final. still long way to go for him and even though his surname is Yazdani-Cherati the exact same as Hassan Yazdani but in fact he is a cousin of Reza Yazdani !

and about IAWF's election. at the end of registration window we have 21 candidates ! most of them unknown. but Hamid Banitamim (Khadem's vice president and the current temp. president) and guess who Abbas Jadidi also registered for that. lol Jadidi had so many interview he is not going this time but I guess he couldn't resist the temptation even though I think he will lose the election even if the election was between him and a tree. most of these guys were loyal to Khadem  but now he is out, I think it will be between A. Khadem, Heidari, Dabir and Banitamim. I don't know which one is better but I just hope whoever wins the election doesn't change the coaches. I think G. Mohammad and Bana are the best possible coaches for the job right now. but for example Heidari already said he is not going to work with Bana if he wins. he won't give total authority to the coach. and that's what Bana demands to accept the job.

we are in new year holidays in Iran. I assume they will announce a date for the election after the holidays. a bit about the election. we have something like 30 provinces in Iran. and 30 wrestling organization in each province. each one has one vote, the other votes go to some selected wrestlers, coaches, referees etc. the total of 40-50. the problem with this system is for example Mazandaran, Khuzestan and Tehran has one vote and some provinces without a wrestler also has one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×