Jump to content
wrestfan

Iran Wrestling News

Recommended Posts

Dabir is saying that a big problem is that when he was wrestling there was one million active wrestlers in Iran, now there is less than a hundred thousand. He says it will take 2-3 years to solve this, I don't see how it will happen as to be honest it is not smart to pursue  a wrestling career in Iran.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/17/2019 at 1:24 PM, Shiraz123 said:

Dabir is saying that a big problem is that when he was wrestling there was one million active wrestlers in Iran, now there is less than a hundred thousand. He says it will take 2-3 years to solve this, I don't see how it will happen as to be honest it is not smart to pursue  a wrestling career in Iran.

 

If that was the problem, then Iran would not do so well in Cadets.  I think the problem is Iran's ability to develop its young cadet champions into relevant senior wrestlers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Iran's team for Ziolkowski tournament in Poland

57: Reza Atri

65: Amir Mohammad Yazdani, Iman Sadeghi and Peyman Biabani

70: Younes Emami

79: Bahman Teymouri

74: Reza Afzali, Ahmad Mohammadi

97: Reza Yazdani

I think it's very clear that it will act as the "real trial" for 65 and 74. they were not satisfied with the trials in Tehran so they want to test them once more. I think we know the World Team in 8 weights for sure. those guys here plus Behnam Ehsanpour (61), Hassan Yazdani (86), Alireza Karimi (92) and Parviz Hadi (125)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does it mean Komeil is going to receive the gold ? or they are going to give it to Makhov ? or both of them ? maybe none ?

https://www.olympic.org/news/ioc-sanctions-one-athlete-for-failing-anti-doping-tests-at-london-2012-3

there is nothing within the rules about situation like this when both gold and silver medalists get disqualified.

the funny thing is, he wanted to retire after the Olympic gold (possibly in 2020) but now there is a good chance for him to get the gold after the retirement

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Shiraz123 said:

American Dlagnev is getting the bronze, so Ghasemi has to be moved up to gold I believe. 

Dlagnev and Shabanbay getting the bronze is obvious. they both finished 5th and there are two bronze medals to grab. but why Ghasemi and why not Makhov ?

I read some articles that because Ghasemi lost to Taymazov (eventual gold medalist) and Makhov lost to Modzmanashvili (silver medalist) then Komeil deserves the gold !!!

but then some websites already considers Makhov as the gold medalist, why ? because Modz got disqualified first and before Taymazov

original standing: 1) UZB, 2) GEO, 3) IRN, RUS, 5) USA, KAZ

after GEO disqualification: 1) UZB, 2) RUS, 3) IRN, KAZ, 5) USA

and now with UZB being disqualified, Makhov who was on 2nd place for a short time will be upgraded to the gold medal position !!! 1) RUS, 2) IRN, 3) USA, KAZ

------------------

the rules say if both finalists get disqualified (for disciplinary reasons) joint bronze medalist have to wrestle again for the gold medal and they said nothing if that happened for doping reasons ! I'm fine with Makhov and Ghasemi wrestling for the Olympic gold after 7 years lol that would be fun. or since they are both unavailable, Hadi and Khizriev can wrestle instead of them

but seriously, the only "fair " solution is to give the gold medal to both of them. (or none of them)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I remember we had this weightlifter Mohamadpour also in the London Olympics who went from 5th place to gold after drug test failures! All the other weight lifters in the top 7 failed on the retest. Obviously Ghasemi getting gold would be nowhere near as a big jump but interesting to see what happens. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/24/2019 at 5:01 AM, wrestfan said:

Dlagnev and Shabanbay getting the bronze is obvious. they both finished 5th and there are two bronze medals to grab. but why Ghasemi and why not Makhov ?

I read some articles that because Ghasemi lost to Taymazov (eventual gold medalist) and Makhov lost to Modzmanashvili (silver medalist) then Komeil deserves the gold !!!

but then some websites already considers Makhov as the gold medalist, why ? because Modz got disqualified first and before Taymazov

original standing: 1) UZB, 2) GEO, 3) IRN, RUS, 5) USA, KAZ

after GEO disqualification: 1) UZB, 2) RUS, 3) IRN, KAZ, 5) USA

and now with UZB being disqualified, Makhov who was on 2nd place for a short time will be upgraded to the gold medal position !!! 1) RUS, 2) IRN, 3) USA, KAZ

------------------

the rules say if both finalists get disqualified (for disciplinary reasons) joint bronze medalist have to wrestle again for the gold medal and they said nothing if that happened for doping reasons ! I'm fine with Makhov and Ghasemi wrestling for the Olympic gold after 7 years lol that would be fun. or since they are both unavailable, Hadi and Khizriev can wrestle instead of them

but seriously, the only "fair " solution is to give the gold medal to both of them. (or none of them)

Its confirmed Ghasemi is getting GOLD ..https://unitedworldwrestling.org/article/ioc-determines-taymazov-fails-london-re-test

CORSIER-SUR-VEVEY, Switzerland (July 26) – The IOC Disciplinary Commission (DC) rendered its decision against Artur TAYMAZOV (UZB) who failed a reanalysis of his anti-doping test at the 2012 Olympic Games in London. Taymazov tested positive for the prohibited substance dehydrochlormethyltestosterone (oral turinabol).

The Uzbek wrestler had earned a gold medal in freestyle wrestling at 120kg and his removal will re-shuffle the order of medalists at the 2012 London Games. Komeil GHASEMI (IRI) will become the new gold medalist, Bilyal MAKHOV (RUS) remains silver, and Tervel DLAGNEV (USA) will be the newest bronze medalist.

Gold: Komeil GHASEMI (IRI)
Silver: Bilyal MAKHOV (RUS)
Bronze: Tervel DLAGNEV (USA)
Bronze: Daulet SHABANBAY (KAZ)

Taymazov may opt to appeal the IOC DC decision before CAS within 21 days. United World Wrestling will then determine the sanctions faced by the athlete.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, freestyle_fan said:

that was quick and surprising. I was expecting double gold medalists

I'm sure nobody considers Ghasemi a legendary wrestler , he was just good. but right now he is the 2nd best Iranian wrestler in Olympic history ! only behind Takhti with 1 gold and 2 silver !!!! even legendary wrestlers like Habibi or Movahed or even Sourian didn't win a second Olympic medal. Iranian wrestlers usually fail at the Olympics.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 going for gold tomorrow in the first 5 weights at cadet worlds and 2 going for bronze

48 - Amouzad pretty much beat  everyone comfortably similar to how he won 45 last year. Would be a big upset if he does not win gold

55 - Veisi beat a tough American in the semi final to make the gold match. Almost let the match slip out of his hands with a minute to go when he completely stopped attacking.

65 - Motaghi lost to Azerbaijan 4-3 but has a chance for bronze

80 - Firouzpour makes the gold medal match pretty much without any problems but the Russian on the other side looks very strong, I expect a silver

110 - In the end Habibi lost to the constant none stop leg attacks of his Russian opponent in the semi final and will have a chance for bronze which he should win. To  be fair I thought the Russian was much better but Habibi almost beat him just by countering his constant leg attacks. He should get the bronze. 

 

Edited by Shiraz123

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Shiraz123 said:

3 going for gold tomorrow in the first 5 weights at cadet worlds and 2 going for bronze

48 - Amouzad pretty much beat  everyone comfortably similar to how he won 45 last year. Would be a big upset if he does not win gold

55 - Veisi beat a tough American in the semi final to make the gold match. Almost let the match slip out of his hands with a minute to go when he completely stopped attacking.

65 - Motaghi lost to Azerbaijan 4-3 but has a chance for bronze

80 - Firouzpour makes the gold medal match pretty much without any problems but the Russian on the other side looks very strong, I expect a silver

110 - In the end Habibi lost to the constant none stop leg attacks of his Russian opponent in the semi final and will have a chance for bronze which he should win. To  be fair I thought the Russian was much better but Habibi almost beat him just by countering his constant leg attacks. He should get the bronze. 

 

That's a great looking team Iran put together this year, congratulations on the success

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought Habibi looked pretty good at 110kg, was beating the Russian 5-2 with 30 seconds to go but seemed to gas a bit then got taken down and turned twice. Should get bronze.

Firouz at 80kg against the Moldovan was insane. He looks good but Bagaev looks extremely strong and explosive, what a beast... Expect a silver for Firouz.

Motaghi at 65kg was a bit unlucky, tried to escape a TD and instead gave up 4 points. Then the Azeri defended well for the rest of the match without doing much offensively. Motaghi vs the Georgian should be interesting if Motaghi can get to the bronze match.

Veisi at 55kg was a bit hit and miss. Lucky not to lose to the American after going 8-2 up. The Uzbek looks very good so can't call the final.

Amouzad at 48kg. Beast! Should get gold. 

 

Very good first day for our cadets. Excited to see Sangani at 92kg, Zadegan at 51kg and Firouz at 45kg.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

On 7/19/2019 at 10:41 AM, Shiraz123 said:

Iranian women may not be the prettiest but they are extremely physically powerful and scary. If the government allowed them to wrestle it would be a massacre. The Japanese domination of women's FS would be over.

Based in their performance in Tae Kwan do and Wushu, I would have to agree they would do pretty well in wrestling  

Regarding the pretty comment, here are a few I would not kick out of bed http://beauty-around.com/en/tops/item/976-most-beautiful-iranian-women

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, irani said:

 

Based in their performance in Tae Kwan do and Wushu, I would have to agree they would do pretty well in wrestling  

Don't forget the Mansourian sisters - 6 world championship gold medals between them!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shahrbanoo_Mansourian

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elaheh_Mansourian

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Uzbek at  55 destroyed Veisi at the Asian cadets less than a month ago if I remember right. Will see if he can turn it around but we will see. He is definitely not the favourite. 

 

 

As for Iranian women, this is very off topic but I think the high rates of plastic surgery makes many of them look ridiculous. Just my honest opinion I am not saying I am the most handsome man ever (but I look ok, LOL) 

Edited by Shiraz123

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Shiraz123 said:

As for Iranian women, this is very off topic but I think the high rates of plastic surgery makes many of them look ridiculous. Just my honest opinion I am not saying I am the most handsome man ever (but I look ok, LOL) 

You are entitled to your opinion, but if I were you, I would not share your views with the Tae Kwan Do champion or the Wushu champions, they would kick your ass :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Shiraz123 said:

The Uzbek at  55 destroyed Veisi at the Asian cadets less than a month ago if I remember right. Will see if he can turn it around but we will see. He is definitely not the favourite. 

 

 

As for Iranian women, this is very off topic but I think the high rates of plastic surgery makes many of them look ridiculous. Just my honest opinion I am not saying I am the most handsome man ever (but I look ok, LOL) 

actually that was another Uzbek wrestler, this kid is YOG gold medalist, they rested him at the Asian cadets, so if Uzbek #2 can tech Veisi , you can imagine what uzbek #1 can do to him lol but yeah I know wrestling is not about logic.

with a bit of luck it could be 5 out 5 in the final, Habibi tried his best, and he almost beat the Russian (who was better than Habibi) . Motaghi only has himself to blame. and even bronze won't be easy for him. you can see that Azeri kid had hard time in all of his matches to the final.

and about the off topic, I think plastic surgery is very rare in Iran but if you mean nose job . oh yeah.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×