Sign in to follow this  
wrestfan

Iran Wrestling News

Hassan Yazdani makes his 86kg debut at Takhti this week, 19-20th of January. Not sure if he will still go to Paris. Some good potential match ups with Goleij and Karimi. 

They said he will only wrestle against non-Iranian wrestlers, beside that he will most probably be in the same team as Karimi in iran A.

They said he will only wrestle against non-Iranian wrestlers, beside that he will most probably be in the same team as Karimi in iran A.

That's too bad. He's on the Khorasan Razavi team, is that the same one as Karimi? 

I wonder if he will still go to Paris and if there is any decent foreign 86kg wrestlers at Takhti. 

That's too bad. He's on the Khorasan Razavi team, is that the same one as Karimi? 

I wonder if he will still go to Paris and if there is any decent foreign 86kg wrestlers at Takhti. 

oops, didn't notice that he is in Khorasan team, no Karimi will be in Iran A. that's weird, he is from Mazandaran (as I'm sure you know) not Khorasan !

I have no idea about the level of Takhti Cup, but I don't think Khorasan team can go far in this tournament , probably they want some easy matches for him to start in his new weight.

PS: Khorasan province hosts the tournament, therefore they are allowed to have a separate team.

Takhti Cup draw

Group A ) Iran A - Iran C - Kazakhstan B - Latin America selection

Group B ) Iran B - Iran Juniors - Belarus - Georgia

Group C ) Khorasan Province - Mongolia - Uzbekistan - Armenia

Group D ) Kyrgyzstan - Ukraine - Iraq - Kazakhstan A

apparently Kazakhstan, Armenia and Georgia brought good teams here.

1st round results

http://iawf.ir/Public/takhti2017/a-3.pdf

Yazdani had his 86kg debut with a 11-0 win in less than 2 minutes against a Mongolian guy. he already looks big enough for this weight.

another interesting result, world junior champion Shahbazi beat Tahan 3-2.

from what I see in the rosters, I think only Georgia can challenge the Iranian squads.

Did Yazdani wrestle only 1 match? 

nope he also finished his second match in less than 90 seconds against an Uzbek guy. his team had two duals today and he wrestled in both. their dual is still ongoing, I will post the complete results later,

this is his 1st match vs MGL

https://1varzesh.com//images/videos/mjd/yazdani-first-86kg-takhticup2017.mp4

Shahbazi vs Tahan

https://1varzesh.com//images/videos/mjd/tahan-shahbazi-takhticup2017.MP4

Thanks. I watched Karimi against the guy from Fars and he looked bad. 

he is bad for a while ! no surprise

his match vs Goleij will be interesting if Iran B manages to beat Georgia tomorrow. Goleij himself probably has to wrestle Aminashvili

----------------

here is 2nd round results

http://iawf.ir/Public/takhti2017/a-7.pdf

Edited by wrestfan

Yazdani teched his 3rd opponent as well but still not enough to save his team, they lost 4-4 to Armenia and got eliminated, in a 3 way tiebreak between them, ARM and MGL, apparntly Armenia advanced to the semies alongside Iran A, Iran B and Kazakhstan.

Group round results

http://iawf.ir/Public/takhti2017/a-9.pdf

Karimi had hard time even against Ceballos of Venezuela, winning only 9-6. he will wrestle Goleij in few minutes.

Iran A and Armenia advanced to the final, the final be least interesting.

http://iawf.ir/Public/takhti2017/a-11.pdf

Iran A beat Iran B 8-0 in important matches, Karimi beat Goleij 4-0 !! Mohammadi beat Tahan 6-0

I think most of Iran A members booked their place for Iran squad for the world cup. in 4 duals they lost only one match (Rashidi at 70kg)

some wrestlers like Rahimi, Ghasemi, Hosseinkhani, Ehsanpour and Esmailpour (who is invited back to the camp) will re-enforce the team.

Takhti Cup draw

Group A ) Iran A - Iran C - Kazakhstan B - Latin America selection

Group B ) Iran B - Iran Juniors - Belarus - Georgia

Group C ) Khorasan Province - Mongolia - Uzbekistan - Armenia

Group D ) Kyrgyzstan - Ukraine - Iraq - Kazakhstan A

apparently Kazakhstan, Armenia and Georgia brought good teams here.

Iraq??????????????? nice 

Iran squad for the world cup

57, Rahimi / Sarmasti

61, Ehsanpour / Sadeghi / Esmaeilpour (2 of them)

65, Nassiri / Yeganeh-Jafari

70, Hosseinkhani / Rashidi / Ebadi (2 of them)

74, Yarahmadi / Teymouri

86, Yazdani / Karimi

97, Mohammadi / Shahbazi

125, Ghasemi / Mohebbi

nope he also finished his second match in less than 90 seconds against an Uzbek guy. his team had two duals today and he wrestled in both. their dual is still ongoing, I will post the complete results later,

this is his 1st match vs MGL

https://1varzesh.com//images/videos/mjd/yazdani-first-86kg-takhticup2017.mp4

Holy sht!! What a transformation. He doesn't even look like the same person. He looks enormous.

Holy sht!! What a transformation. He doesn't even look like the same person. He looks enormous.

He obviously pudged up to dodge Dake. We will see him go to 130kg at greco next year. The man can't compete with any of our freestyle guys that are >= 86kg.

Iranian friends, is there a literal translation for the name "Jafar" or "Jafaryan" in Persian?

Jafar is actually an Arabic name.  Lots of Iranian have names with Arabic roots instead of Persian names due to the Islamic influence in the country.

I believe Jafar means Stream in Arabic.

Some decent results for Iran at the Yarygin. Ebrahimi did pretty good beating Kudyamagomedov (who beat Karimi at world cup) who everyone was saying is the best 86 after Sadulaev, but lost a close match in the final due to an escaping the hold call. Sadeghzadeh got a bronze at HW. Ebrahimi has the best recent results of any Iranian 86kg wrestler after this tournament even though he didn't win it. 

Sadeghi was very bad again, losing 11-0 to a nobody. An embarrassing senior career for a guy who won junior worlds twice in a very tough weight class. 

Edited by Shiraz123

will the new US-IRAN travel bans have an impact on the wrestlers?

US won't host an international tournament in near future but

Apparently Iran will do the same, (or at least that's what they are talking about) that will have an impact, US can't send a team to Iran for the World Cup if they seriously apply the same rule.