• Please log in to reply
285 replies to this topic

#281 Abdullahgadzhi Khuzin

Abdullahgadzhi Khuzin

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,811 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 11:49 AM

bad..very bad when see how policy controls my fav and my first sport in my life 

The opinions and views expressed in my posts, are intended to promote Russian international styles wrestling and international wrestling in general. Please excuse misspellings, misunderstandings, or misinterpretations. I am doing my very best to communicate in English, but it is a work in progress. I speak several languages, but I am still learning context, culture, and local tradition. I love USA and I am doing my best to be a great ambassador. Thank you for understanding.

#282 Gantry

Gold Member

• Members
  • 5,070 posts

Posted 01 March 2018 - 06:18 AM

Basically everyone in the wrestling federation resigned, freestyle and greco.

#283 Billyhoyle

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,011 posts

Posted 01 March 2018 - 04:00 PM

Wow...an act of protest against policy in Iran. Seems like a bad idea.

#284 Gantry

Gold Member

• Members
  • 5,070 posts

Posted 02 March 2018 - 07:36 AM

How many people are on this federation?  This seems like a huge deal

#285 irani

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 303 posts

Posted 02 March 2018 - 01:21 PM

Much respect for Khadem for taking a stand.  He made a couple of very profound statements 

1. He said  “cannot lie,” adding that “sometimes the best way to take a stand is not to stand,”

2. If we must continue with the policy of non-competition against the Zionist regime’s athletes… forcing an athlete to accept defeat or run around all night looking for a doctor’s note is not right,” Khadem told the Iranian Student News Agency (ISNA).

Khadem had previously told ISNA that if Iran continues to force athletes to evade competing against Israeli opponents then it should “behave honestly and… accept the consequences.”

While he did not come out and say Iran should stop its policy of avoiding facing Israeli athletes (perhaps because it would be too risky to do so) he came out and said "if we must do it, then we should be honest about it, and have the federation deal with the consequences (instead of having the individual wrestler or coach pay the consequences)

Based on anecdotal information, I believe most Iranians disagree with this stupid policy of avoiding Israeli wrestlers and would love to go back to the pre-revolution days when Iran used do pin Israeli wrestlers left and right.

I salute Khadem and his courage and honesty, and hope this results in a change of policy by the Iranian Wrestling Federation.  Sadly, I am not holding my breath.

• Coach_J, 2td3nf and TheRealOne9050 like this

#286 Shiraz123

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 955 posts

Posted 03 March 2018 - 11:08 PM

How come Asian championships isn't using the new 2 day weigh in? 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users