• Please log in to reply
329 replies to this topic

#321 wrestfan

wrestfan

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 475 posts

Posted 10 May 2018 - 04:26 AM

They left so many preliminary matches for tomorrow but we know the finals in some weights for tomorrow

61: Yakhkeshi vs Ramezanian (1-0 for Yakhkeshi with a 13-8 win)

Iman Sadeghi had a 9-1 lead over Yakhkeshi but apparently got injured during the match and lost 10-9.

70: we have a round robin competition with 3 wrestlers. with no final. with one match left between Eshghaghi and Mostafavi. Nima Eshghahi is leading and most probably will challenge Meisam Nassiri for the spot.

79: Omid Hassantabar vs Alireza Ghasemi (1-0 for Hassantabar, 2-0 win)

the big favorite Akbari was very poor and lost 3-1 to Ghasemi and later withdrew. Hassantabar looks the favorite now, Ghasemi is terrible. only blocking and defending and waiting for one or two pushout.

97: ?

with 4 wrestlers Ramezanian is already out with 2 defeats. 2011 world team member Alireza Goudarzi beat Goleij 4-2. Goleij later beat Shariatinia 6-5. the last match between Goudarzi and Sharitinia (tomorrow) will determine finalists. a 3-way tie break is also possible. Goleij was very lucky to be still alive he was down 5-0 made it 5-5 but Shariatinia had a pushout with 6 seconds to go. I would give him the point but refs didn't give that.

125: Parviz Hadi vs Yadollah Mohebbi (1-0 for Hadi. 3-2 win)

with only 3 wrestlers. Hadi beat both Shams-Nateri (9-1) and Mohebbi (3-2). Mohebbi later beat Shams only 1-1 to stay alive. I have to mention that Hadi-Mohebbi was very controversial. Mohebbi finished the match 2-2 but the refs accepted Hadi's coach challenge and gave him an extra point.

Greco:

55: Reza Khedri wins the competition and will challenge Naderi-Khadem later in an international tournament.

63: Mohammad Nourbakhsh vs Mohsen Hajipour in the final with Nourbakhsh leading 1-0

72: still 4 wrestlers are in the competition .all of them with one defeat. tomorrow matches will act like semifinals. Arsalan vs Kavianinejad and Belfakkeh vs Aali

82: Yousef Ghaderian vs Keivan Rezaei in the final

87:we had a long long day in this weight with Saeid Abdevali who was undersized for this weight, he beat Fallah 3-3 where he almost walked out of the match when they gave him a caution but his coach convinced him to continue and he won by a last second takedown. but his second match ended up in a fight with Ansari. they disqualified both of them from the competition. Abdevali continued the fight with his brothers to the warmup room and later to the street. I guess IRIWF will ban him big time this time.

another favorite Hossein Nouri (2017 world bronze medalist) narrowly beat Mehdi Bali 4-4 but lost 4-3 to Mehdi Fallah. after the disqualification we have only 3 wrestlers left. tomorrow Bali and Fallah have to wrestle each other. one of them will pick up his second defeat and will get eliminated the winner will face Hossein Nouri in the final.

• Shiraz123 likes this

#322 gutfirst

gutfirst

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,602 posts

Posted 10 May 2018 - 11:42 AM

Saeid A at 87? He looked small at 75.

#323 wrestfan

wrestfan

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 475 posts

Posted 11 May 2018 - 03:12 AM

last day finals (results in italic from yesterday)

61: Yakhkeshi beat Ramezanpour 2-0 / (13-8) and 13-2

* I never heard of this guy before the trials. actually I liked him. he was very good for someone with zero international experience. I would give him the spot directly but I only Sadeghi is their choice, they will probably send both of them to a tournament. there is also a slight chance for Hassan Rahimi trying his chance in this weight.
79: Hassantbar beat Ghasemi 2-0 / (2-0) and 4-2

* Hassantabar was clearly better than Ghasemi, I wonder if they give another chance to Akbari, he is probably cutting a lot to make this weight. Hassantabar is a better choice IMO
97: Goudarzi beat Goleij 2-0 / (4-2) and 6-2

* who would expected Goudarzi to win the trials ! he was 2011 world team member losing to Sharifov and Sanderson to finish 7th. he beat everybody. he dominated Goleij in first period and tried to keep the score in the 2nd period. I believe he would tech Goleij if he wanted. Goleij was terrible as usual in local tournaments. now they have to make a big decision. Goudarzi had a doping history and he wasn't around for a while but it will be hard for Khadem to justify not sending him.
125: Hadi beat Mohebbi 2-0 / (3-2) and 3-1

* another close win for Hadi but to me he was clearly the better wrestler and deserves the spot. of course we have to wait and see if Komeil Ghasemi recovers or not. maybe another Hadi-Ghasemi story. even though I believe Hadi secured his spot for the Asian Games at least.

Greco

63: Hajipour beat Nourbakhsh 2-1 / (3-7), 5-0 and 6-2
72: Arsalan beat Belfakkeh 2-0 / (6-4) and 7-3
82: Ghaderian beat Rezaei / 2-1 and 3-2
87: Nouri beat Fallah / (3-4), 4-2 and 2-1

#324 Shiraz123

Shiraz123

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,004 posts

Posted 11 May 2018 - 04:37 AM

What happened to Ghasem Rezaei in greco, did he retire?

Also this FS team looks worse than the last one and that one was crap in 2017. Khadem will really be tested as a coach if he does not make any changes from trials. 

Edited by Shiraz123, 11 May 2018 - 04:39 AM.

#325 wrestfan

wrestfan

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 475 posts

Posted 11 May 2018 - 05:39 AM

some videos from today

Goleij - Goudarzi(2nd match)

http://tamasha.com/v/3PKRl

Hadi - Mohebbi (2nd)

http://tamasha.com/v/9Xe41

Yakhkeshi - Ramezanpour (2nd)

http://tamasha.com/v/dkZ8z

Hassantabar - Ghasemi (2nd)

http://tamasha.com/v/GmOl7

---------

Thursday matches

Hadi - Mohebbi (1st)

http://tamasha.com/v/OE41M

Atri- Rezazadeh (1st)

http://tamasha.com/v/RaGJ6

Hosseinkhani - Dadashpour (1st)

http://tamasha.com/v/ok0Xd

• Shiraz123 likes this

#326 wrestfan

wrestfan

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 475 posts

Posted 11 May 2018 - 06:00 AM

What happened to Ghasem Rezaei in greco, did he retire?

Also this FS team looks worse than the last one and that one was crap in 2017. Khadem will really be tested as a coach if he does not make any changes from trials. 

not officially, I believe he didn't wrestle this year because of Salehizadeh. even though he is aging and I don't think he can win anymore. btw even Sourian and Noroozi are not retired officially, Sourian doesn't talk to media , so nobody knows about his plan but Noroozi sometimes speak about continuing his career here and there. even though I believe they are all done.

I think this team is more or less the same. not weaker because weaker than that is impossible lol. since now we have 79 and 92. I think Iran will win more than just one medal this year. beside that we are still months away from the Worlds, there is still time for some of those veterans to come back. I think they will take Reza Yazdani's comeback more seriously after Goleij disastrous performance . I'm sure they don't want to send Goudarzi. they don't like him.

i think only Atri, Nassiri, Hosseinkhani and Yazdani are already secured their spot. changes are possible for other 6 weights.

• Coach_J likes this

#327 Shiraz123

Shiraz123

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,004 posts

Posted 11 May 2018 - 06:12 AM

Yes you are right probably around the same (unless they change the team). But I would not be surprised at all with just one medal again. 

#328 wrestfan

wrestfan

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 475 posts

Posted 13 May 2018 - 10:22 PM

Big decision by the technical committee. they gave no chance to Ghasemi, Rahimi, R. Yazdani and Esmaeilpour, they all asked for another trial with documents about their injuries but they are all out for this year .

Iran squad for the Asian Games and the Worlds will be only from this list, mostly #1 and #2 of the trials

57: Atri - Rezazadeh

61: Yakhkeshi - Ramezanpour

65: Moradgholi - Mehran Nassiri - Emami

70: Meisam Nassiri - Eshfaghi

74: Hosseinkhani - Dadashpour

79: Hassantabar - Ghasemi - Akbari

86: Yazdani - Ghasempour

92: Ebrahimi - Karimi

97: Goudarzi - Goleij

125: Hadi - Mohebbi

also no chance for Sadeghi, they didn't accept his injury excuse , outside of trial finalists only Emami and Akbari are still in the list. Emami lost two very close bouts and he is much younger than Moradgholi. but I'm surprised about Akbari he was disastrous.

I think we can be 99% sure that Atri, Meisam Nassiri, Yazdani are already selected. I can add Yakhkeshi to the list as well since he dominated Ramezanpour in the final, probably the only one-sided final. I also think Hosseinkhani will go Jakarta for sure if he medals they will send him to the worlds as well.

also in Greco they published such a list, no Abdevali and he will miss the AG and the Worlds for sure.

• Shiraz123 likes this

#329 Shiraz123

Shiraz123

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,004 posts

Posted 14 May 2018 - 03:49 AM

I am surprised. Last year when we saw that video in Paris after the world championships were they were sitting around the table and Khadem was telling them off I thought for sure they would send the best team they could this year no matter what. This is not the same team at most weights but similar level guys. 

#330 wrestfan

wrestfan

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 475 posts

Posted 14 May 2018 - 06:05 AM

I am surprised. Last year when we saw that video in Paris after the world championships were they were sitting around the table and Khadem was telling them off I thought for sure they would send the best team they could this year no matter what. This is not the same team at most weights but similar level guys. 

as far as I remember, he mostly criticized Mohammadi, Yarahmadi and Ehsanpour and we didn't see them this year ! Mohammadi was very unlucky in the 1st round. and Ehsanpour got injured. none of them got a wild card for the final round.

Khadem rarely criticized Atri and Hosseinkhani, can't remember what he said about Nassiri but they know he is their only option.

Rahimi, Ghasemi and R. Yazdani didn't wrestle for a while. I assume they are not ready at all.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users