Tahmasebizadeh
Behrouzirad, Biabani
Amouzadeh
Jebeli
Hassantabar, Teymouri
Goleij
Tahan
Taheri

There are more teams from Iran, but mostly non notable wrestlers. Remember Takhti cup will be team event this year, outside of 2016 olympic medalists these lists probably show Iran world cup squads
  • 2td3nf likes this

#42 Shiraz123

Shiraz123

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 905 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 02:39 AM

Why did they make it a team event? 

#43 Abdullahgadzhi Khuzin

Abdullahgadzhi Khuzin

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,612 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 04:43 AM

Still in 2016, they already finalized the list of eligible wrestlers for the 2017 World Team Trials.

criteria for qualifying

2016 Olympics and World Championships medalists

2016 World Junior Championships medalists

6 wrestlers from the nationals

top 3 from the "Open Championships"

Nationals were held in a team event format this year in 3 divisions. top 3 individual wrestlers (based on classification points) from Division A, top 2 from Division B and top wrestler from Division C are allowed to qualify. there were some good wrestlers from weaker provinces they easily qualified from Divisions B and C but in general the level wasn't that high outside of Division A.

The Open Championship was a kind of last chance qualifier. some notable wrestlers tried their chance here and failed. Parviz Hadi for example finished 4th and most probably will miss the trials. there will be few wild cards but I highly doubt they give him anything.

shiraz i respect u for ur work! more news about Iran please! it unites us - all wrestler of the WORLD! i try do news about Russian wreslting, u du Iranian news wrestling! atta boy! 

• cjc007, irani, 2td3nf and 1 other like this
The opinions and views expressed in my posts, are intended to promote Russian international styles wrestling and international wrestling in general. Please excuse misspellings, misunderstandings, or misinterpretations. I am doing my very best to communicate in English, but it is a work in progress. I speak several languages, but I am still learning context, culture, and local tradition. I love USA and I am doing my best to be a great ambassador. Thank you for understanding.

#44 TheRealOne9050

TheRealOne9050

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 619 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 04:45 AM

Abdul, you're talking to the wrong Shiraz though!

• Shiraz123 likes this

#45 Abdullahgadzhi Khuzin

Abdullahgadzhi Khuzin

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,612 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 05:17 AM

Abdul, you're talking to the wrong Shiraz though!

oh yeah....i was wrong sorry.....he did see my post... i hope 

• cjc007 and Shiraz123 like this
The opinions and views expressed in my posts, are intended to promote Russian international styles wrestling and international wrestling in general. Please excuse misspellings, misunderstandings, or misinterpretations. I am doing my very best to communicate in English, but it is a work in progress. I speak several languages, but I am still learning context, culture, and local tradition. I love USA and I am doing my best to be a great ambassador. Thank you for understanding.

#46 wrestfan

wrestfan

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 424 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 05:19 AM

Why did they make it a team event? 

well simply because Khadem likes team duals !

they have a point here, they want more than one match for the wrestlers but this kills the competition

#47 Jaroslav Hasek

Jaroslav Hasek

Gold Member

• Members
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 05:36 AM

well simply because Khadem likes team duals !

they have a point here, they want more than one match for the wrestlers but this kills the competition

he should help bring back round robins/pool/groups style events

#48 wrestfan

wrestfan

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 424 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 08:38 AM

he should help bring back round robins/pool/groups style events

I think he wants that as well but that's not possible with current rules (having the whole competition in one day) they tried to convince UWW to make it in two days but that was unsuccessful

#49 Jaroslav Hasek

Jaroslav Hasek

Gold Member

• Members
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 08:01 AM

I think he wants that as well but that's not possible with current rules (having the whole competition in one day) they tried to convince UWW to make it in two days but that was unsuccessful

Why does UWW care what kind of format anyone uses? 

I know you don't have anything to do with it. I'm just wondering in general. Seems like pointless and stupid rule to me.

#50 Shiraz123

Shiraz123

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 905 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 05:55 AM

Hassan Yazdani makes his 86kg debut at Takhti this week, 19-20th of January. Not sure if he will still go to Paris. Some good potential match ups with Goleij and Karimi. 

Edited by Shiraz123, 15 January 2017 - 05:58 AM.

• 2td3nf likes this

#51 wrestfan

wrestfan

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 424 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 07:23 AM

Hassan Yazdani makes his 86kg debut at Takhti this week, 19-20th of January. Not sure if he will still go to Paris. Some good potential match ups with Goleij and Karimi. 

They said he will only wrestle against non-Iranian wrestlers, beside that he will most probably be in the same team as Karimi in iran A.

• Shiraz123 likes this

#52 Shiraz123

Shiraz123

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 905 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 07:30 AM

They said he will only wrestle against non-Iranian wrestlers, beside that he will most probably be in the same team as Karimi in iran A.

That's too bad. He's on the Khorasan Razavi team, is that the same one as Karimi? 

I wonder if he will still go to Paris and if there is any decent foreign 86kg wrestlers at Takhti. 

#53 wrestfan

wrestfan

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 424 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 08:30 AM

That's too bad. He's on the Khorasan Razavi team, is that the same one as Karimi? 

I wonder if he will still go to Paris and if there is any decent foreign 86kg wrestlers at Takhti. 

oops, didn't notice that he is in Khorasan team, no Karimi will be in Iran A. that's weird, he is from Mazandaran (as I'm sure you know) not Khorasan !

I have no idea about the level of Takhti Cup, but I don't think Khorasan team can go far in this tournament , probably they want some easy matches for him to start in his new weight.

PS: Khorasan province hosts the tournament, therefore they are allowed to have a separate team.

• 2td3nf likes this

#54 wrestfan

wrestfan

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 424 posts

Posted 18 January 2017 - 12:56 AM

Takhti Cup draw

Group A ) Iran A - Iran C - Kazakhstan B - Latin America selection

Group B ) Iran B - Iran Juniors - Belarus - Georgia

Group C ) Khorasan Province - Mongolia - Uzbekistan - Armenia

Group D ) Kyrgyzstan - Ukraine - Iraq - Kazakhstan A

apparently Kazakhstan, Armenia and Georgia brought good teams here.

#55 wrestfan

wrestfan

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 424 posts

Posted 18 January 2017 - 11:05 PM

1st round results

http://iawf.ir/Publi...hti2017/a-3.pdf

Yazdani had his 86kg debut with a 11-0 win in less than 2 minutes against a Mongolian guy. he already looks big enough for this weight.

another interesting result, world junior champion Shahbazi beat Tahan 3-2.

from what I see in the rosters, I think only Georgia can challenge the Iranian squads.

• 2td3nf likes this

#56 Shiraz123

Shiraz123

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 905 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 04:49 AM

Did Yazdani wrestle only 1 match? 

#57 wrestfan

wrestfan

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 424 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 05:12 AM

Did Yazdani wrestle only 1 match? 

nope he also finished his second match in less than 90 seconds against an Uzbek guy. his team had two duals today and he wrestled in both. their dual is still ongoing, I will post the complete results later,

this is his 1st match vs MGL

https://1varzesh.com...khticup2017.mp4

Shahbazi vs Tahan

https://1varzesh.com...khticup2017.MP4

• 2td3nf likes this

#58 Shiraz123

Shiraz123

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 905 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 05:19 AM

Thanks. I watched Karimi against the guy from Fars and he looked bad. 

#59 wrestfan

wrestfan

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 424 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 05:23 AM

Thanks. I watched Karimi against the guy from Fars and he looked bad. 

he is bad for a while ! no surprise

his match vs Goleij will be interesting if Iran B manages to beat Georgia tomorrow. Goleij himself probably has to wrestle Aminashvili

----------------

here is 2nd round results

http://iawf.ir/Publi...hti2017/a-7.pdf

Edited by wrestfan, 19 January 2017 - 06:45 AM.

#60 wrestfan

wrestfan

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 424 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 11:14 PM

Yazdani teched his 3rd opponent as well but still not enough to save his team, they lost 4-4 to Armenia and got eliminated, in a 3 way tiebreak between them, ARM and MGL, apparntly Armenia advanced to the semies alongside Iran A, Iran B and Kazakhstan.

Group round results

http://iawf.ir/Publi...hti2017/a-9.pdf

Karimi had hard time even against Ceballos of Venezuela, winning only 9-6. he will wrestle Goleij in few minutes.

• Shiraz123 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users