wrestfan

Iran Wrestling News

Just now, The Genius said:

I call that performance the "Abdollahi". 

How did he **** it up that badly in the last 5 seconds? Impressive even for him

Don't really know him. He does this kinda stuff before? That was awful.

1 hour ago, Shiraz123 said:

Nokhodi has made the final. How happy is @irani

1 hour ago, The Genius said:

Nokhodi (79kg) techs his Indian opponent in the SF and is our second finalist.

@irani how happy are you right now for Nokhodi? 

It's not that I am a huge fan of Nokhodi, but unfortunately, my standards are not very high

I support any young wrestler who shows the willingness to try to score by means other than under hooks and push outs. Nokhodi fits that bill.

I always like his chances, besides all of the above, @Shiraz123predicted that Nokhodi did not have a chance, so the reverse @Shiraz123 curse was in effect as well.

14 minutes ago, irani said:

It's not that I am a huge fan of Nokhodi, but unfortunately, my standards are not very high

I support any young wrestler who shows the willingness to try to score by means other than under hooks and push outs. Nokhodi fits that bill.

I always like his chances, besides all of the above, @Shiraz123predicted that Nokhodi did not have a chance, so the reverse @Shiraz123 curse was in effect as well.

Technically I only said he's not good

37 minutes ago, irani said:

Given your immense power of jinxing and reverse jinxing , that is good enough for him to win gold in juniors and seniors :)

I'm surprised amount of times I have complained about dast zire ketf and hol bedeh biroon style of wrestling hasn't caused the team to suddenly develop incredible leg attacks. 

Amouzad techs poland

Akbarpour beats Russia with a big 4 at the end

Firouzpour gets himself together and underhook terrorises Russia for a relatively comfortable win 

Hajilooyan techs Armenia, similar to the Turkey match. Takedown, lace to make it 8 - 0. Back up to the feet and gets another takedown to end it. 

Edited by Shiraz123

Semi finals:

Amouzad will wrestle a Russian who has also teched his way to the semi final

Yari needs to wait to see if Kyrgzastan wins his semi final

Firouzpour has a Georgian who should gas from his underhook forward pressure style

Hajilooyan has South Africa 

Akbarpour has the USA

1 minute ago, The Genius said:

4/5 in today's semi finals again. Azerbaijan not doing as well today - we must be ahead of them in the team rankings now? 

Yeah we're ahead, we have a 100 points, Russia and Azerbaijan have 80.

Hajilooyan is an interesting wrestler, first time I am seeing him on video. Has good leg attacks and a great leg lace. Teched his way through the trial and now teched Armenia and Turkey back to back. I assume he will beat South Africa, so it will be interesting to see him tomorrow vs Russia or the USA.

8 minutes ago, Shiraz123 said:

Yeah we're ahead, we have a 100 points, Russia and Azerbaijan have 80.

Hajilooyan is an interesting wrestler, first time I am seeing him on video. Has good leg attacks and a great leg lace. Teched his way through the trial and now teched Armenia and Turkey back to back. I assume he will beat South Africa, so it will be interesting to see him tomorrow vs Russia or the USA.

I missed his matches but I'll watch his SF and catch up on them, sounds interesting.

8/10 guys in medal matches is already a fantastic performance (could be 9/10), we should win the team title based on that alone. 

36 minutes ago, wrestfan said:

Pejman Dorostkar is officially the next freestyle head coach! that was too fast

No idea how he is technically as a coach. But he is pretty well liked by most wrestlers and peers which in itself is a big thing and should not create much bad atmosphere. Good luck to him. Hope he is successful 

33 minutes ago, Uwwdoc said:

No idea how he is technically as a coach. But he is pretty well liked by most wrestlers and peers which in itself is a big thing and should not create much bad atmosphere. Good luck to him. Hope he is successful 

He coached Iran Mal to club championships a couple of times.  Who were some of the wrestlers in his team?