Jump to content
wrestfan

Iran Wrestling News

Recommended Posts

Just now, The Genius said:

I call that performance the "Abdollahi". 

How did he **** it up that badly in the last 5 seconds? Impressive even for him

Don't really know him. He does this kinda stuff before? That was awful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Shiraz123 said:

Nokhodi has made the final. How happy is @irani

 

 

1 hour ago, The Genius said:

Nokhodi (79kg) techs his Indian opponent in the SF and is our second finalist.

@irani how happy are you right now for Nokhodi? 

It's not that I am a huge fan of Nokhodi, but unfortunately, my standards are not very high

I support any young wrestler who shows the willingness to try to score by means other than under hooks and push outs. Nokhodi fits that bill.

I always like his chances, besides all of the above, @Shiraz123predicted that Nokhodi did not have a chance, so the reverse @Shiraz123 curse was in effect as well.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, irani said:

 

 

It's not that I am a huge fan of Nokhodi, but unfortunately, my standards are not very high

I support any young wrestler who shows the willingness to try to score by means other than under hooks and push outs. Nokhodi fits that bill.

I always like his chances, besides all of the above, @Shiraz123predicted that Nokhodi did not have a chance, so the reverse @Shiraz123 curse was in effect as well.

 

Technically I only said he's not good

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, irani said:

Given your immense power of jinxing and reverse jinxing , that is good enough for him to win gold in juniors and seniors :)

I'm surprised amount of times I have complained about dast zire ketf and hol bedeh biroon style of wrestling hasn't caused the team to suddenly develop incredible leg attacks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Amouzad techs poland

Akbarpour beats Russia with a big 4 at the end

Firouzpour gets himself together and underhook terrorises Russia for a relatively comfortable win 

Hajilooyan techs Armenia, similar to the Turkey match. Takedown, lace to make it 8 - 0. Back up to the feet and gets another takedown to end it. 

Edited by Shiraz123

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Semi finals:

Amouzad will wrestle a Russian who has also teched his way to the semi final

Yari needs to wait to see if Kyrgzastan wins his semi final

Firouzpour has a Georgian who should gas from his underhook forward pressure style

Hajilooyan has South Africa 

Akbarpour has the USA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, The Genius said:

4/5 in today's semi finals again. Azerbaijan not doing as well today - we must be ahead of them in the team rankings now? 

Yeah we're ahead, we have a 100 points, Russia and Azerbaijan have 80.

Hajilooyan is an interesting wrestler, first time I am seeing him on video. Has good leg attacks and a great leg lace. Teched his way through the trial and now teched Armenia and Turkey back to back. I assume he will beat South Africa, so it will be interesting to see him tomorrow vs Russia or the USA.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Shiraz123 said:

Yeah we're ahead, we have a 100 points, Russia and Azerbaijan have 80.

Hajilooyan is an interesting wrestler, first time I am seeing him on video. Has good leg attacks and a great leg lace. Teched his way through the trial and now teched Armenia and Turkey back to back. I assume he will beat South Africa, so it will be interesting to see him tomorrow vs Russia or the USA.

I missed his matches but I'll watch his SF and catch up on them, sounds interesting.

8/10 guys in medal matches is already a fantastic performance (could be 9/10), we should win the team title based on that alone. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, wrestfan said:

Pejman Dorostkar is officially the next freestyle head coach! that was too fast

No idea how he is technically as a coach. But he is pretty well liked by most wrestlers and peers which in itself is a big thing and should not create much bad atmosphere. Good luck to him. Hope he is successful 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Uwwdoc said:

No idea how he is technically as a coach. But he is pretty well liked by most wrestlers and peers which in itself is a big thing and should not create much bad atmosphere. Good luck to him. Hope he is successful 

He coached Iran Mal to club championships a couple of times.  Who were some of the wrestlers in his team?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...