Jump to content
wrestfan

Iran Wrestling News

Recommended Posts

Just now, Uwwdoc said:

I'll be there in Oslo so will be good to see how some of these young guns do live. Reckon Zare has a good shot at gold with no Gable and Akgul. Dunno if geno is going.

Still not sure if Yaz will go for sure.

Please post lots of reports.  Will we be able to see you on TV on the mat side?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Uwwdoc said:

I'll be there in Oslo so will be good to see how some of these young guns do live. Reckon Zare has a good shot at gold with no Gable and Akgul. Dunno if geno is going.

Still not sure if Yaz will go for sure.

I hope the US sends Mason Parris in Gable's place, so Zare can rematch him to see if their first match was indeed a fluke. 

@wrestfan what do you know about this 92kg junior Hajilou? He has got into the final by leg lacing everyone and not giving up a single point, he looks fantastic and the most impressive wrestler of the entire tournament for me so far. How do the U23 trials work, can Hajilou go if he wins gold here? U23 worlds is in November I think. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, The Genius said:

I hope the US sends Mason Parris in Gable's place, so Zare can rematch him to see if their first match was indeed a fluke. 

@wrestfan what do you know about this 92kg junior Hajilou? He has got into the final by leg lacing everyone and not giving up a single point, he looks fantastic and the most impressive wrestler of the entire tournament for me so far. How do the U23 trials work, can Hajilou go if he wins gold here? U23 worlds is in November I think. 

I don't know much about him. I saw him before in Takhti Cup (even this year where he lost in the first round) and few other local tournaments but I didn't notice him much until today.

I didn't hear anything about U23 Worlds trial format. absolutely no idea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, wrestfan said:

I don't know much about him. I saw him before in Takhti Cup (even this year where he lost in the first round) and few other local tournaments but I didn't notice him much until today.

I didn't hear anything about U23 Worlds trial format. absolutely no idea.

Do you remember who he lost to?  Was it a big name?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, irani said:

Do you remember who he lost to?  Was it a big name?

he lost to Sina Gholami who didn't medal either

I just noticed he also went to Yasar Dogu and got teched by a Kazakhstani wrestler . it seems he is really improved in past couple of months.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Amouzad beats India 9-3 and becomes Iran's third gold medalist of Junior Worlds!

Great win and great tournament from Amouzad, who is now a 2x Cadet World Champion and 2021 Junior World Champion

Amouzad.png.bdd7910600941c0a7f5dc8a83e13b678.png

Edited by The Genius

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, The Genius said:

God damn it I missed the Hajilou match. What happened?

Nothing in particular, simply lost to better guy. Was winning 2 - 2 but America took him down with around 20 seconds left. American was getting to his legs but having trouble finishing but got there in the end. Hajiloyan didn't do much outside of counter a takedown attempt for 2 points. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Shiraz123 said:

Nothing in particular, simply lost to better guy. Was winning 2 - 2 but America took him down with around 20 seconds left. American was getting to his legs but having trouble finishing but got there in the end. Hajiloyan didn't do much outside of counter a takedown attempt for 2 points. 

Yup. He didn’t look that good. I was expecting more offense from Hajiloyan. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Genius said:

Amouzad beats India 9-3 and becomes Iran's third gold medalist of Junior Worlds!

Great win and great tournament from Amouzad, who is now a 2x Cadet World Champion and 2021 Junior World Champion

Amouzad.png.bdd7910600941c0a7f5dc8a83e13b678.png

He looked so good. Excited to see how he ends up doing at seniors. I think he can be a star

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, The Genius said:

I hope the US sends Mason Parris in Gable's place, so Zare can rematch him to see if their first match was indeed a fluke. 

@wrestfan what do you know about this 92kg junior Hajilou? He has got into the final by leg lacing everyone and not giving up a single point, he looks fantastic and the most impressive wrestler of the entire tournament for me so far. How do the U23 trials work, can Hajilou go if he wins gold here? U23 worlds is in November I think. 

Parris is trying to make the team. Gwiz is going to trials as likely Kerklevit. Outside of that I don’t think anyone can challenge Parris to make the team. Rumor is he is healthy and been looking very good in training. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Housebuye said:

Yup. He didn’t look that good. I was expecting more offense from Hajiloyan. 

South Africa won a medal on his side, so there was definitely some weakness of the weight help going on, lol. Though after seeing the bronze medal matches I think Elam - Hajiloyan - India - Russia is the right order in terms of who the better wrestlers were. 

Edited by Shiraz123

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Akbarpour beats the Armenian on criteria 4-4 with a late push out point, and takes GOLD. He didn't seem anything special but he beat USA Russia and Armenia so that's impressive in itself.

Our 3rd Gold medalist of the day and 5th overall. 

Overall results:

5 Golds (Amouzad, Elahi, Nokhodi, Firouzpour and Akbarpour)

1 Silver (Hajilou)

1 Bronze (Abdollahi) 

Iran wins the 2021 Junior World Championships team title. 

1730710_Screenshot2021-08-18at16_55_50.thumb.png.4809fce61e476d666ccf96e9560f8cc9.png

Edited by The Genius

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Iran, US and Russia take all the gold medals

Iran with 5, US with 3, and Russia with 2

I now have a theory about why Iran does so much better in cadet, and juniors, and then US does better in seniors

In Iran, kids go to wrestling clubs, and learn wrestling from an early age

In the US,  most kids learn wrestling at their high school, or perhaps YMCA, and the continue on in college, but the style they learn is folk style, not free style, which is similar to FS, but has some big differences.

The cadets have very little experience with FS, and therefore do not do as well.  The juniors have a bit more experience and do better.  By the time they reach the seniors level, most of them are out of college, and now practicing full time with a club in free style wrestling

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, irani said:

Iran, US and Russia take all the gold medals

Iran with 5, US with 3, and Russia with 2

I now have a theory about why Iran does so much better in cadet, and juniors, and then US does better in seniors

In Iran, kids go to wrestling clubs, and learn wrestling from an early age

In the US,  most kids learn wrestling at their high school, or perhaps YMCA, and the continue on in college, but the style they learn is folk style, not free style, which is similar to FS, but has some big differences.

The cadets have very little experience with FS, and therefore do not do as well.  The juniors have a bit more experience and do better.  By the time they reach the seniors level, most of them are out of college, and now practicing full time with a club in free style wrestling

In the last decade, the US has focused on getting our best younger people training freestyle at least some of the time. It has been largely responsible for our dramatic improvement, especially in seniors. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, irani said:

 

The cadets have very little experience with FS, and therefore do not do as well.  The juniors have a bit more experience and do better.  By the time they reach the seniors level, most of them are out of college, and now practicing full time with a club in free style wrestling

AND...They get in better shape as they get older.  :- )

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unfortunately, these matches were far too early for me to watch live.  I have started watching videoos, and so far, I have watched only the medals matches from yesterday.  Here is my assessment

  • Elahi -  Won the push out contest.  Did not have any take downs.  I was not impressed.  I hope Emami beats him for the senior spot
  • Nokhodi -  Only watched the last 2 minutes.  I did not see very impressive
  • Abdollahi - Pretty good take down attack for a big guy.  Absolutely no defense, can easily be taken down.  He needs to work on his defense, but the fact that he has a take down offense is encouraging

Unless they develop the skills, I do not see a great future for any of the three guys above.  I hope they will develop their skills, because they obviously have some talent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LOL you weren't impressed with Nokhodi of all people? I thought he looked very good especially by his standards. Now I am thinking his previous performances may have been a weight cutting thing.

Elahi isn't wrestling Emami, he is wrestling Maghsoudi at 70kg. I agree he is mostly a pushout guy and i'm not overly confident he will be a good senior, but he does have some other stuff (watch his match against America) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...