wrestfan

Iran Wrestling News

Holly crap, when is the last time Iran had 6 in the finals in a seniors tournament?

I have to agree with what I have read several of you write “I want to see Taylor vs Ghassempour”

While Some of the too guys are not there, Cox, DT, Taha and Geno are, so if Hassan snd ZaRe can win their matches, at least three of the medals will be very meaningful

Americans are not taking the Cox loss very well. 

For Ghasempour to score a TD on Cox too (as well as outwrestling him basically throughout), very impressive. Cox was also lucky not to get put on the shot clock in the first period. 

We have had some great wins so far. Sarlark defeating Atli, Ghasempour defeating Cox and Zare defeating Taha. 

Probably around 20 minutes until Taylor v Yazdani IV then Zare v Geno III. 

Edited by The Genius

3 minutes ago, The Genius said:

For Ghasempour to score a TD on Cox too (as well as outwrestling him basically throughout), very impressive. Cox was also lucky not to get put on the shot clock in the first period. 

We have had some great wins so far. Sarlark defeating Atli, Ghasempour defeating Cox and Zare defeating Taha. 

Its just a misunderstanding, forget about it. If Yazdani lost to Taylor like that and the stream clock shows 0.3 it would be the same thing or 300 times worse. No one is saying anything now that the guy in the arena clarified. Agree Cox should have been put on the clock. I think they were going to put him on it but then Ghasempour scored.

14 minutes ago, The Genius said:

Cox himself took his defeat with class and dignity.  A true champion 

7 minutes ago, window12 said:

I make it one Bronze (74) one Gold (61)...

You are right!

US 1 gold 1 silver

Russia 1 gold 1 bronze 

This makes the Yazdani Taylor match even more important 

2 minutes ago, irani said:

You are right!

US 1 gold 1 silver

Russia 1 gold 1 bronze 

This makes the Yazdani Taylor match even more important 

As if that match needed to get any more important than it is already. Last time I nearly had a heart attack- Not sure I have it in me to watch it live.....

1 minute ago, window12 said:

As if that match needed to get any more important than it is already. Last time I nearly had a heart attack- Not sure I have it in me to watch it live.....

I am right there with you, brother

Forgot Ghasempour even has a final tomorrow, lol. For some reason I thought he had the gold then remembered that was the semi. Kurbanov does not impress me at all so hopefully we don't have a huge anti climax at 92. 

1 minute ago, Shiraz123 said:

Forgot Ghasempour even has a final tomorrow, lol. For some reason I thought he had the gold then remembered that was the semi. Kurbanov does not impress me at all so hopefully we don't have a huge anti climax at 92. 

At this point, Ghssempour is Iran’s best chance for a gold medal.