wrestfan

Iran Wrestling News

2 minutes ago, irani said:

Iran plays UAE.  Part of the FIFA world cup qualification

i used to love international soccer...

my first sporting love...

now...

the closest i get to it is watching ted lasso...

good luck on the pitch today!!!

1 minute ago, irani said:

I am not going to answer.  I am worried that your jinxing powers will extend to football, and Iran will lose :)

ok. Well I don't know much about football but UAE is a small country. Think Iran will dominate them easily. 

21 minutes ago, Shiraz123 said:

ok. Well I don't know much about football but UAE is a small country. Think Iran will dominate them easily. 

Let me give you one hint about why such a small but rich country is not so bad at soccer.

This is their starting forward UAE star forward  Does this tell you why they are not so bad?

1 hour ago, irani said:

Let me give you one hint about why such a small but rich country is not so bad at soccer.

This is their starting forward UAE star forward  Does this tell you why they are not so bad?

Brazil isn't considered a football country from what I understand. Haven't won a world cup in 20 years. 

Geraei beats the Kazakh 9-0 in the repechage match and will wrestle Levai for Bronze later today. Geraei has always been so good on the parterre, awesome to watch.

Yousofi won his first match v Armenia 6-1 (U23 European Silver 2021) and seems to have an easy path to the SF. 

Edited by The Genius

MOHAMMAD HADI SARAVI 

REMEMBER THE NAME

where's that hater that kept telling me how amazing Sargsian was blah blah? 

My guy Saravi is the real deal and he is coming for Gold. 

My favourite GR wrestler since I first saw him at Junior Worlds in 2018. 

Edited by The Genius

Yousofi defeats Marvik (NOR) 2-1 in the QF and will wrestle 2017 World Bronze Acosta (CHI) in the SF. It will be close because Acosta's matches are always close but it's winnable. Guaranteed a medal match whatever happens. 

Mardani loses to Gharibyan 7-0 in the QF and is probably out. Nejati lost a close match in Tokyo but I'd still prefer to see him here than Mardani. 

SARAVIIIIIIII beats the tough Georgian Melia 9-1 in the QF and will wrestle the Russian/Georgian(?)-Italian Kakhelashvili in the SF. 

Both are tough semi final matches but I backed Yousofi and Saravi to win Gold and I haven't changed my mind. 

4 hours ago, The Genius said:

MOHAMMAD HADI SARAVI 

REMEMBER THE NAME

Hater...LOL.. cause he picked a different guy to win. You weren't so firm on Saravi winning yourself. I don't think Greco is even popular enough for the guys to have foreign haters. Relax, no need for stuff like this. 

6 minutes ago, Shiraz123 said:

Hater...LOL.. cause he picked a different guy to win. You weren't so firm on Saravi winning yourself. I don't think Greco is even popular enough for the guys to have foreign haters. Relax, no need for stuff like this. 

Alright I was only joking, don't cry.

Saravi beats the Italian-Georgian 5-0 in the SF and makes the final!

I remember he beat this guy last year 2-1 or something in a really boring and close match. He has improved a lot. 

Saravi is our first GR finalist and will wrestle young Hungarian Szoke for Gold tomorrow. Saravi beat Szoke 6-1 in 2018 Junior Worlds but he seems to have improved since then. 

Edited by The Genius

Yousofi leads Acosta 1-0 after the first period (passivity point). Didn't even try the gut wrench lol, too big.

Yousofi needs to be very active in the second period to avoid giving up a passivity point and losing on criteria

Yousofi beats Acosta 2-1 and will wrestle Zurabi (RUS) for Gold tomorrow! 

I was worried when it went 1-1 but Yousofi somehow found a step out point. Very good win. Our second GR finalist. 

Edited by The Genius

5 hours ago, The Genius said:

MOHAMMAD HADI SARAVI 

REMEMBER THE NAME

It sound to me like @HawkYwas right, Sargsian is a great wrestler.  It just happens that Saravi is better, or at least was better today.  Nothing wrong with having different predictions about who is going to win.

On 10/7/2021 at 8:49 AM, Shiraz123 said:

You failed to Jinx Iran, they ended up winning 1-0

I must say, I saw the most amazing overrule based on video review I have ever seen.

Iranian player committed a foul, and got a red card.  (I was thinking @Shiraz123did it again)

They did a video review, and determined it was indeed a foul and a red card (I was sure @Shiraz123did it)

They continued to review and decided the foul was outside the penalty area, and therefore not a penalty!  I was relieved that there are limits to your powers

They then continued to review and determined that the UAE player was offsides before the foul, therefore the whole thing was nullified!!

Your powers are limited to wrestling!

Mohammad Ali Geraei beats Levai 9-0 and wins Bronze at 77kg!

Is Geraei the most entertaining GR wrestler to watch in the world? I think so. 

He's now a 3x World Medalist (all Bronze). With a lucky draw he can make a final but he's quite inconsistent so he'll struggle to win enough matches in a row for that in my opinion.

32 minutes ago, The Genius said:

He's now a 3x World Medalist (all Bronze). With a lucky draw he can make a final but he's quite inconsistent so he'll struggle to win enough matches in a row for that in my opinion.

He makes greco exciting. Yes he definitely is. He was a bit unlucky in Tokyo, wrestled a really good match in the semis. He is good enough to win world gold/olympic gold. But he needs a good draw. He would have to be on his best day to beat Vlasov.

Top wrestler

34 minutes ago, The Genius said:

that first throw was so slick...

we will be seeing that highlight for years to come...