wrestfan

Iran Wrestling News

12 minutes ago, Jaroslav Hasek said:

Still waiting on visas and/or administrative issues, although from what I understand, an official announcement on the foreign opponents for the American men and women is coming very soon. 

I have no intel on America's rep at 125kg though. I hope it's Gable like everyone else but haven't heard anything on that possibility one way or another.

do you know why Taylor is not participating?

23 hours ago, HawkY said:

What are people expecting for Saravi v Hancock.  Competitive? Not the same level?

The US head coach said that Hancock beats Szoke 19 times out of 20. Thats the public face US greco is putting on. 

Hancock is very good but I will always back Saravi against everyone that isn't Aleksanyan or Evloev, probably something like 3-1. 

Saravi, MR Geraei and Yousefi are Iran's top 3 GR wrestlers for me. 

Edited by The Genius

11 minutes ago, The Genius said:

Hancock is very good but I will always back Saravi against everyone that isn't Aleksanyan or Evloev, probably something like 3-1. 

Saravi, MR Geraei and Yousefi are Iran's top 3 GR wrestlers for me. 

Doesn't Amin own Yousefi h2h? 

2 hours ago, HawkY said:

Doesn't Amin own Yousefi h2h? 

I wouldn't say "own" and their h2h is irrelevant because Yousefi is younger (and I think 19 years old the last time they wrestled) and more importantly owns a world championship gold medal

1 hour ago, The Genius said:

I wouldn't say "own" and their h2h is irrelevant because Yousefi is younger (and I think 19 years old the last time they wrestled) and more importantly owns a world championship gold medal

To be fair to Amin. Riza and Lopez are much better than anyone that Yousefi beat at worlds.

Edited by HawkY

8 hours ago, HawkY said:

To be fair to Amin. Riza and Lopez are much better than anyone that Yousefi beat at worlds.

And Amin didn't beat either of those so that's irrelevant. Anyway those 3 are the 3 I like the most but others are welcome to their own opinions. 

Alireza Dabir and three other team members (including 2 wrestlers) denied visa for now so unless something happens in next few days we can consider Iran-US dual cancelled. (IWF spokesman thinks there is still time)

on another news apparently the Dan Kolov trip is cancelled now for another reasons (the sponsor changing its mind)

Edited by wrestfan
it's official now

7 hours ago, wrestfan said:

Alireza Dabir and three other team members (including 2 wrestlers) denied visa for now so unless something happens in next few days we can consider Iran-US dual cancelled. (IWF spokesman thinks there is still time)

on another news apparently the Dan Kolov trip is cancelled now for another reasons (the sponsor changing its mind)

Is it that visas have been denied, or that their names are not on the list of visas issued so far? It seems it is the latter, as if there might still be time for this to be sorted in the coming days. From what I understand that has been said by iwf

Edited by Uwwdoc

1 hour ago, Uwwdoc said:

Is it that visas have been denied, or that there names are not on the list of visas issued so far? It seems it is the latter, as if there might still be time for this to be sorted in the coming days. From what I understand has been said by iwf

Channel 3 (Iran’s ESPN) just reported that Dabir and a few wrestlers were denied visas.

The IWF spokesperson said “this is a friendly event snd by I visit on from USWF, and we therefore expect visas for the entire Iran contingent.  If any one is denied visas, then we will not go”

I get the sense that they are in contact with the USWF and hope to resolve this.

1 hour ago, Uwwdoc said:

Also Alireza Rezaei who was head coach of Sahand Aras said there is someone in the federation who is anti-wrestling. Anyone got any idea who he is talking about?

Maybe Mohsen Kaveh.
https://www.didarnews.ir/fa/news/30120/علیرضا-رضایی-در-اعتراض-به-دخالت‌های-محسن-کاوه-استعفا-کرد

9 hours ago, wrestfan said:

those are Kamran Ghasempour and Majid Dastan

To be honest if it's Dastan they should just leave him behind. Not Kamran, though. His match is the best match in the whole dual assuming Steveson isn't coming.

Dabir also doesn't need to go. As far as I see last night probably 90% of the comments (and that may be underestimating it) from Iranians on the various popular instagram pages are making fun of him/saying USA is right not to let him in.

1 hour ago, window12 said:

Looks like  Dabir is being Jinxed by being praised excessively on this forum.. Ha ha ha

Was Dabir praised excessively on this forum.  I missed that somehow.

US has no respect for Iranian athletes or for Iranians. Refusing visas to multiple elite level Iranian athletes who are participating in a friendly event in the US. They can cancel it for all I care, the only matches I wanted to see were Cox Ghasempour DT Yaz and Zare Gable, and DT and Gable aren't attending and they don't want to give Ghasempour a visa for some reason.

52 minutes ago, Le duke said:

Isn’t Ghasempour one of the guys who competed for Iran at the World Military Games?

Not justifying the exclusion but it might be a reason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't believe he has ever competed in the military games or championships. They have world cup in America also this year, we'll see what happens with that. I wonder if UWW moves it?

3 minutes ago, Shiraz123 said:

They have world cup in America also this year, we'll see what happens with that. I wonder if UWW moves it?

This will not be a popular comment, but here it goes.  The UWW should not grant the privilege of hosting to international tournaments to countries who play politics with their visas.  That eliminates US, Iran, Russia, China and a few other countries.

Let Canada, Japan, and other countries like that host the international games.

Seems that Babak MMA guy had a whole trip planned for them, hotel and taking them bull riding and other Texas stuff lol. He also had a very heated controversy with another Iranian wrestling page and both pages it seems would have been at this event. Could have definitely got ugly with Yazdani getting injured cowboying on a bull and the pages fighting at the match. Possible disaster averted?

2 minutes ago, Shiraz123 said:

Seems that Babak MMA guy had a whole trip planned for them, hotel and taking them bull riding and other Texas stuff lol. He also had a very heated controversy with another Iranian wrestling page and both pages it seems would have been at this event. Could have definitely got ugly with Yazdani getting injured cowboying on a bull and the pages fighting at the match. Possible disaster averted?

Send us a link.  I like that Babak guy.

LOL at your imagination with Yazdani getting injured on a bull ride.  If you are referring to the mechanical bulls,, I suspect the machines are made in China, so US would be blamed for the injury.

4 minutes ago, Shiraz123 said:

Lol. Which other page haha?