Jump to content
wrestfan

Iran Wrestling News

Recommended Posts

On 6/25/2022 at 10:12 PM, Shiraz123 said:

Add Ghasemi's  shared Olympic gold ( @wrestfan did they ever end up giving him the medal?)

since you asked about it

Iran NOC president is in Switzerland for some meeting and he received Ghasemi's gold medal today. I believe there will be a small ceremony inside the country for awarding him the gold

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, wrestfan said:

since you asked about it

Iran NOC president is in Switzerland for some meeting and he received Ghasemi's gold medal today. I believe there will be a small ceremony inside the country for awarding him the gold

He already got the medal. It's just a ceremony for him to get the medal "officially"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Uwwdoc said:

He already got the medal. It's just a ceremony for him to get the medal "officially"

nonsense as usual

even the title in Persian is very clear, I guess I trust the Iran NOC website more

http://www.olympic.ir/fa/news/35914/مدال-طلای-کمیل-قاسمی-تحویل-مسئولان-کمیته-ملی-المپیک-شد

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 "Nonsense as usual." No idea where that came from, what's with the hostility? Why so irritable?


You can believe what you want. I just said what I have been told.


Weren't you the guy that vehemently denied that there is such a thing as a technical committee when I mentioned it and then proceeded to quote an article a couple days later which talked about said technical committee:

 

On 6/8/2021 at 3:21 PM, wrestfan said:

who is the technical committee right now ? give me one name.  just one

you are talking about something that doesn't exist. it's only Mohammadi (coach) and Dabir (IAWF president) nobody else has a say in this. and both made it clear that the winner goes to Tokyo.

 

  

On 6/10/2021 at 2:30 AM, wrestfan said:

Vice-president of the Iran Wrestling Federation Hamid SOURIAN told UWW that they will take a decision at 74kg after conducting a technical committee meeting in Theran.

 

 


I have no idea why you're being confrontational with your tone and language, but perhaps you will go on and contradict yourself again like you did last time. Even if anyone disagrees with another, there is no need to be rude. Be less angry and more respectful any time you reply to me. I'll let that be the end of it as far as I'm concerned.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One of the news websites in Iran had a prediction about the Greco team at the Worlds. of course this is nothing official but based on their previous news I think they know someone inside the team and most of their predictions turned out to be correct. (actually they didn't say it's a prediction, they claim this is our World team)

so here is the possible team
55: Pouya Dadmarz
60: Mehdi Mohsennejad
63: Alireza Nejati
67: Mohammad Reza Geraei
72: Mohammad Reza Mokhtari
77: Mohammad Ali Geraei
82: Pejman Poshtam
87: Nasser Alizadeh
97: Mohammad Hadi Saravi

only at 130kg there will be trials between Mirzazadeh and Yousefi in couple weeks.

as you know World Champion Meysam Dalkhani injured himself in Kazakhstan and most probably will miss the Worlds. we were supposed to have a trial at 60kg between Mohsennejad and Nejati but it got canceled few days ago which makes it clear that they want to use Nejati one weight up to fill Dalkhani's place.

in another news the same website claimed that Saravi and Ali Geraei will go to Poland. I believe they just have to do OK to be selected. if they lose badly then changes are possible

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, wrestfan said:

 

so here is the possible team
55: Pouya Dadmarz
60: Mehdi Mohsennejad
63: Alireza Nejati
67: Mohammad Reza Geraei
72: Mohammad Reza Mokhtari
77: Mohammad Ali Geraei
82: Pejman Poshtam
87: Nasser Alizadeh
97: Mohammad Hadi Saravi

 

That's a shame about Dalkhani. Thought it was supposed to only be a 2-3 week recovery time.

Do you know what happened to Sajjad Abbaspour? I know he didn't perform at the world's last year but I thought he could at least make the junior team. Haven't seen him in any competitions or camps this year though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Amir.Sol said:

That's a shame about Dalkhani. Thought it was supposed to only be a 2-3 week recovery time.

Do you know what happened to Sajjad Abbaspour? I know he didn't perform at the world's last year but I thought he could at least make the junior team. Haven't seen him in any competitions or camps this year though.

yeah that was the initial answer from the doctors but he needed a surgery after all. I didn't read anything about how much he has to sit out but I assume he can't make in time for the Worlds

Abbaspour was in list for the Takhti Cup but tested positive for COVID and missed the competition (which was the main part of trials) they didn't give him a second chance (most probably coaches are still angry at him for losing like that at the Worlds last year)
the last thing I heard that he is in Germany wrestling in Bundesliga.

Edited by wrestfan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, wrestfan said:

Abbaspour was in list for the Takhti Cup but tested positive for COVID and missed the competition (which was the main part of trials) they didn't give him a second chance (most probably coaches are still angry at him for losing like that at the Worlds last year)

the last thing I heard that he is in Germany wrestling in Bundesliga.

Ah didn't know he got covid. Yeah that's pretty interesting he didn't get a second chance but oh well.

Dadmarz looked decent at Kazakhstan but that was a pretty weak competition. Don't think he's got much of a chance to medal does he? 55 82 and 87 look like our weakest weight classes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Amir.Sol said:

Ah didn't know he got covid. Yeah that's pretty interesting he didn't get a second chance but oh well.

Dadmarz looked decent at Kazakhstan but that was a pretty weak competition. Don't think he's got much of a chance to medal does he? 55 82 and 87 look like our weakest weight classes.

I believe Iran has a chance to medal in all 10 weights but I agree that 55kg is probably one of the weakest weights. Dadmarz is weak in some aspects, he can't score in parterre which is very important factor in Greco specially in lighter weights. if he can avoid passivity cautions (and therefore giving up big points in defensive parterre) he can beat anybody in standing position.

Iran could and should win the team title last year but some guys like Abbaspour got eliminated and received 0 points. hopefully things like that won't happen this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, wrestfan said:

I believe Iran has a chance to medal in all 10 weights but I agree that 55kg is probably one of the weakest weights. Dadmarz is weak in some aspects, he can't score in parterre which is very important factor in Greco specially in lighter weights. if he can avoid passivity cautions (and therefore giving up big points in defensive parterre) he can beat anybody in standing position.

Iran could and should win the team title last year but some guys like Abbaspour got eliminated and received 0 points. hopefully things like that won't happen this year.

last year many weight classes were weak (97kg and 130kg in particular) and some guys did better than expected (Dalkhani, Yousefi) and others got lucky (Geraei vs Zoidze). team title will be harder this year

plus if we send Mirzazadeh over Yousefi then we're already doomed

Edited by The Genius

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, The Genius said:

last year many weight classes were weak (97kg and 130kg in particular) and some guys did better than expected (Dalkhani, Yousefi) and others got lucky (Geraei vs Zoidze). team title will be harder this year

plus if we send Mirzazadeh over Yousefi then we're already doomed

Yeah this is what I'm thinking too. I assume Riza Kiyaalp is going to wrestle? Neither of our guys can beat him yet in my opinion.

However the team title should absolutely be no problem for us with no Russia. Who'd be our biggest rivals? Azerbaijan and Kyrgyzstan? Yeah it's definitely ours to lose.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Amir.Sol said:

Yeah this is what I'm thinking too. I assume Riza Kiyaalp is going to wrestle? Neither of our guys can beat him yet in my opinion.

However the team title should absolutely be no problem for us with no Russia. Who'd be our biggest rivals? Azerbaijan and Kyrgyzstan? Yeah it's definitely ours to lose.

from that team I think we can expect 5 medals, mostly bronze. that's usually not enough to win, but i just said it will be harder than last year not that we shouldn't be favourites to win it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There seems to the national team selection this coming Sunday with a number of key wrestlers including Yazdani Karimi Ghassempour and Zare all expected to be there involved in defending their place in the national team. Seems something to look forward to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, window12 said:

There seems to the national team selection this coming Sunday with a number of key wrestlers including Yazdani Karimi Ghassempour and Zare all expected to be there involved in defending their place in the national team. Seems something to look forward to.

Yes , will be the highest level of wrestling in Iran, trials in 5 freestyle weights and 1 Greco.

61: Atri vs Hazratgholizadeh
86: Yazdani vs winner of Karimi/Mostafavi
92: Ghasempour vs winner of Hajiloueian/Firouzpour
97: Goleij vs Mohammadian
125: Zare vs winner of Mohebbi/Masoumi

and Greco
130: Mirzazadeh vs Yousefi

those in bold only has to win the 1st match, otherwise it will be best of 3.
(I have to correct this one that the Greco match has a different rule. it's already best of 3 but MIrzazadeh is leading 1-0 since he won their match in Kazakhstan, Yousefi has to beat him twice to make the team, Mirzazadeh needs just one win, doesn't matter 1st or 2nd match)

it will start from 10:30 am (Tehran time) , spectators are allowed too and we are supposed to have TV coverage for the entire thing. (at least I hope so)

Edited by wrestfan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...