wrestfan

Iran Wrestling News

6 minutes ago, kkiane said:

Is anyone worried about Gevorgyan facing Masoumi? He seems like a contender.

Thought so last year actually. He dominated euro juniors that year also. Ended up losing to Alipour in junior worlds, so i'm not concerned. Although I expect him to win I wouldn't be too surprised if Masoumi  gassed if the American can consistently get to his legs and put him in uncomfortable postions. He gassed a bit vs Mohebi I think and def vs Zare. Fair enough Mohebi is huge and Zare is Zare. I expect Masoumi to win but we will see. He will beat Armenia 99% sure.

55 minutes ago, Shiraz123 said:

Thought so last year actually. He dominated euro juniors that year also. Ended up losing to Alipour in junior worlds, so i'm not concerned. Although I expect him to win I wouldn't be too surprised if Masoumi  gassed if the American can consistently get to his legs and put him in uncomfortable postions. He gassed a bit vs Mohebi I think and def vs Zare. Fair enough Mohebi is huge and Zare is Zare. I expect Masoumi to win but we will see. He will beat Armenia 99% sure.

We now worry about Iranian wrestlers gassing every time they face an American. This cannot be normal. Pejman needs to fix these kids like he fixed the seniors. 

American at 65 just lost to Jalolov, same guy who won against Amouzad at Bahrain. Fairly bad for us actually because USA has an almost guaranteed bronze and we have a chance to score zero points based on how the repechage goes. 

UWW needs to do something about this. Guys can take breaks essentially whever they want. I think they need some rule that penalises taking time outs for injuries that aren't clearly visible. Stupid that a guy is obviously gassing hard then 2 seconds later he's laying on the side of the mat saying his leg hurts.

2 minutes ago, Shiraz123 said:

UWW needs to do something about this. Guys can take breaks essentially whever they want. I think they need some rule that penalises taking time outs for injuries that aren't clearly visible. Stupid that a guy is obviously gassing hard then 2 seconds later he's laying on the side of the mat saying his leg hurts.

But cramps genuinely can happen any time, especially when you're tired like that. Hard to judge a real cramp from a fake one.

3 minutes ago, Amir.Sol said:

But cramps genuinely can happen any time, especially when you're tired like that. Hard to judge a real cramp from a fake one.

They can give up 1 point for their cramp break. Simple. Too many fakers. Then you have guys who don't even pretend to be hurt, they just sit down until the ref has told them to make their way to centre 10 times. 

2 minutes ago, Shiraz123 said:

They can give up 1 point for their cramp break. Simple. Too many fakers. Then you have guys who don't even pretend to be hurt, they just sit down until the ref has told them to make their way to centre 10 times. 

I don't think you can penalise wrestlers for real injuries. I do agree it's dumb that those guys that sit down after every whistle aren't penalised more. Each time should be a caution and they should lose after the third. They aren't going to win the match if they're gasses with two minutes to go anyway.

Can't have anything nice in Iran. Make these guys run laps they shouldn't be gassing like this. To be fair to Azarpira most matches don't last 6 minutes for him. That Turk was too quick for him.

Edited by Amir.Sol

1 minute ago, Amir.Sol said:

Can't have anything nice in Iran. Make these guys run laps they shouldn't be gassing like this. To be fair to Azarpira most matches don't last 6 minutes for him. That Turk was too quick for him.

Not sure if the Turk had ungodly defence in the first period or if Azarpira let him off. No excuse to give up at the end with multiple seconds to go and only 2 points down. Totally opposite mentality to the Americans. 

Turks legs kept slipping out of his grasp in the 1st period and he fell apart in the second lol. Can't even really say gassing was his problem he never really was in the lead to gas and give it up I don't think. Maybe 1  - 0 in the 1st but I don't remember. That Turk was last years cadet champ, but they sent a different guy to this recent euro juniors who won gold. I assume he got hurt or something because they send the same team to both. Very bad look for Azarpira to be honest. 

Edited by Shiraz123

1 minute ago, Shiraz123 said:

Turks legs kept slipping out of his grasp in the 1st period and he fell apart in the second lol. Can't even really say gassing was his problem he never really was in the lead to gas and give it up I don't think. Maybe 1  - 0 in the 1st but I don't remember. That Turk was last years cadet champ, but they sent a different guy to this recent euro juniors who won gold. I assume he got hurt or something because they send the same team to both. Very bad look for Azarpira to be honest. 

Their cadet champ beat our U23 champ. God help us

2 minutes ago, The Genius said:

Not sure if the Turk had ungodly defence in the first period or if Azarpira let him off. No excuse to give up at the end with multiple seconds to go and only 2 points down. Totally opposite mentality to the Americans. 

Azarpira always uses his length to pick the guys leg from a standing position. He tried it multiple times here but couldn't get a good grip on the Turk. 

This is why I was saying Firouzpour is going to make our team at 97 seniors lol. We cant have nice things in Iran as was said. You get a guy with a nice style like Mohammadian or Azarpira and they lose to the most random wrestlers. We have to stick to underhook pushing. Thank god for Ghasempour.

3 minutes ago, Shiraz123 said:

Very bad look for Azarpira to be honest. 

I'm still on the Azarpira hype train. Not going to let one match label him over all his other excellent performances. These guys clearly did not have the right conditioning for this competition. This should be a wake up call for the coaches/federation to put more stamina work into the camps. 

Worst thing is that it's not just that we  now know that Feldman is probably going to beat Masoumi. I've just read that the guy they have at 74 who Elahi has to wrestle round 1 is a penn state wrestler. That means he will have geniuses Cael Sanderson, David Taylor and that other Penn state coach who the guy told us about in this thread that is apparently the real genius at penn state when I was talking about Cael Sanderson being a genius. I forget his name. Then you have to factor in James Green also. Multiple geniuses will be in his corner at 74 all coaching against Elahi who will be coached by Afzali, a roid monkey who had 1 of the most embarrassing performances in Iranian senior world championship history at 2019 worlds. Its all over.

1 hour ago, Shiraz123 said:

Worst thing is that it's not just that we  now know that Feldman is probably going to beat Masoumi. I've just read that the guy they have at 74 who Elahi has to wrestle round 1 is a penn state wrestler. That means he will have geniuses Cael Sanderson, David Taylor and that other Penn state coach who the guy told us about in this thread that is apparently the real genius at penn state when I was talking about Cael Sanderson being a genius. I forget his name. Then you have to factor in James Green also. Multiple geniuses will be in his corner at 74 all coaching against Elahi who will be coached by Afzali, a roid monkey who had 1 of the most embarrassing performances in Iranian senior world championship history at 2019 worlds. Its all over.

I believe you mean Casey Cunningham, David Taylor's coach at NLWC and the head assistant at Penn State. I wouldn't say that Casey is "better" than Cael, but he's been the middleweight coach (157-165-174lbs/~71kg-75kg-79kg) since DT started at Penn State. Cunningham has a pretty collaborative relationship with the other coaches, it seems.

And, yes, he's coaching and working with Facundo and will be his corner man. 

5 minutes ago, Le duke said:

I believe you mean Casey Cunningham, David Taylor's coach at NLWC and the head assistant at Penn State. I wouldn't say that Casey is "better" than Cael, but he's been the middleweight coach (157-165-174lbs/~71kg-75kg-79kg) since DT started at Penn State. Cunningham has a pretty collaborative relationship with the other coaches, it seems.

And, yes, he's coaching and working with Facundo and will be his corner man. 

Yep, that was the name. Casey Cunningham. He's in the hotel now with the other guys I named all coming together to plan for the Elahi match. 

4 hours ago, Shiraz123 said:

From a PSU perspective, one of the most entertaining posts of all time. Ha ha. 

Edited by TBar1977