wrestfan

Iran Wrestling News

Javan wins in the repechage.

Armenian 125 is injured after dominating. Georgian isn't good. Match still on going but Masoumi has a clear and easy path to the semi regardless.

Edit: Georgian wins in the end. Celebrated a lot for a guy who killed himself to beat a hurt wrestler who was teching him lol. Hopefully Masoumi and Feldman both wreck him.

Edited by Shiraz123

Much better day vs the USA! Love to see it.

Although Elahi with the shock 10-5 loss to India and embarrassing from Ranjbari. 

Overall:

57kg: Ahmad Javan wins Bronze. Overall he did well and only lost a close match to the gold medalist, although it was the nature of the loss which was disappointing.

61kg: Habibzadeh had a glorious victory over America and will wrestle for Gold.

65kg: Shakeri is out - DNP

70kg: Aghaei wins Bronze.

74kg: Elahi had a glorious victory over America but DNP. Very disappointing from a returning world champion. 

79kg: Yari had a glorious victory over America and WINS GOLD

86kg: Ranjbari is in the repechage. 

92kg: Firouzpour will wrestle for Gold.

97kg: Azarpira wins Bronze. The Turk he lost to got pinned in the final... Azarpira was the biggest disappointment of the entire tournament. 

125kg: Masoumi had a GLORIOUS victory over Feldman and will wrestle for Gold. 

Edited by The Genius

1 minute ago, nhs67 said:

The 61 and 74 matches between USA - Iran were worth the price of admission today.

Agreed. All I need now is for Masoumi to tech Feldman and that will make up for yesterday!  Unless I'm mistaken, the Iran-USA head-to-head is 3-3 now.

Just now, The Genius said:

Agreed. All I need now is for Masoumi to tech Feldman and that will make up for yesterday!  Unless I'm mistaken, the Iran-USA head-to-head is 3-3 now.

How big is Masoumi?  He looks thin.  The Bulgarian Feldman just wrestled was the samw height, but twice as wide as him.  Very broad.

3 minutes ago, DocBZ said:

How good is the 61kg that beat Bouzakis? Up and coming star? Compared to Masoumi? TIA

He won Asian juniors. I believe the matches there were also tight. Don't know anything else about him. Never made a cadet team to my knowledge.

5 minutes ago, DocBZ said:

How good is the 61kg that beat Bouzakis? Up and coming star? Compared to Masoumi? TIA

Not Masoumi levels but good. Watch this years Asian juniors final. He's down 3 with a few seconds left, has the Indian in a takedown position but knows the time and does an impressive throw for 4 instead. That kind of stuff usually happens against us and not for us so it was refreshing seeing one of our guys be smart about it.

I think everybody expecting more from this U20 team. Elahi out, AMJ losing, Azarpira losing. hard to believe Elahi was in the senior team last year and Mohammadnejad was so close to make the team this year.

only 4 made it to the final. Iran won 5 golds last year with Russia

1 hour ago, Shiraz123 said:

He won Asian juniors. I believe the matches there were also tight. Don't know anything else about him. Never made a cadet team to my knowledge.

he finished 5th in Takhti Cup losing only to Atri and Harutyunyan.

3 minutes ago, wrestfan said:

he finished 5th in Takhti Cup losing only to Atri and Harutyunyan.

I knew you would come up with some more background, lol.

Well hopefully he wins and it works out for him. Our 61kg junior world champs (if he even wins gold) have a pretty horrible senior track record. Amouzad is doing well though. Japan looks tough. Different guy than they sent to Asian champs as usual for Japan.