wrestfan

Iran Wrestling News

Mohammad Aghaei wins bronze against European champ. If this guy doesn't gas he can go up against anyone imo. But if mesenbrink can gas him then a lot of senior wrestlers can as well so I don't expect him to do much in that level. Good thing we have a few good youngsters at this weight.

Edited by Amir.Sol

14 minutes ago, kkiane said:

Anyone know how tall Masoumi is?

I would guess around 6'3. He seems at least a few inches taller than Zare who is around 6'1. 

Does anyone have a video of the Masoumi-Feldman match?

Edited by The Genius

Looks like  it will prove a smart decision sending Bazri and Hashemi to the Islamic Solidarity games and Firozpour andMasoumi to the Junior Worlds allowing Iran to keep competitive for the team title in the Junior Worlds as well as having a good showing at the ISG.

We may not have genius level coaches but they are not low grade imbeciles either.

32 minutes ago, Husker_Du said:

That was rough to watch. How much more growing does Feldman have to do? Seems like he is a 97 not 125.

Edit** Thought that this was the U20 Worlds thread. Masoumi is a beast and would love to see him up against the world's elite beyond Zare.

Edited by TobyMcNugget

8 minutes ago, TobyMcNugget said:

That was rough to watch. How much more growing does Feldman have to do? Seems like he is a 97 not 125.

It was not painful for me to watch though, you could say altogether very interesting actually.

just looking at the team tally- I think if Iran loses all the remaining matches an USA wins them all, USA will win by 5 point. If Iran wins the 125 kg final but loses everything else , then Iran will win the title.

125 kg is hopeful. The 92 kg Georgian seems good actually and quite dominant so would not want to speculate on how Firouzpour will do in the final there. 

Masoumi easily techs the Indian and wins Iran's third and final Gold medal. 

Masoumi and Firouzpour were levels above everyone here. But Elahi and Azarpira were very disappointing.

Ahmad Javan I think did okay overall, only losing 7-5 to a last second TD to the gold medalist, after he had to wrestle the Euros U20 champ in the qualification round and the American didn't have to wrestle anyone. Makes sense that he would gas slightly faster than the American.  

3 Gold, 1 Silver, 4 Bronze. 8/10 guys medalled and we won the team title, but still slightly underperformed and showed some mentality/conditioning weaknesses.

Final team rankings:

1. Iran (159 points)

2. USA (132 points)

3. India (112 points)

Edited by The Genius

10 minutes ago, The Genius said:

Masoumi easily techs the Indian and wins Iran's third and final Gold medal. 

Masoumi and Firouzpour were levels above everyone here. But Elahi and Azarpira were very disappointing.

Ahmad Javan I think did okay overall, only losing 7-5 to a last second TD to the gold medalist, after he had to wrestle the Euros U20 champ in the qualification round and the American didn't have to wrestle anyone. Makes sense that he would gas slightly faster than the American.  

3 Gold, 1 Silver, 4 Bronze. 8/10 guys medalled and we won the team title, but still slightly underperformed and showed some mentality/conditioning weaknesses.

Final team rankings:

1. Iran (159 points)

2. USA (132 points)

3. India (112 points)

Completely agree on Javan.

Azarpira didn't even do that well in the bm match to make up for his loss to the Turk. Firouzpour on the other hand was outstanding, he's got an insane amount of bend. One of those 2 or Hajilou will be our 97 guy moving forward. Excited to see them duke it out.

Edited by Amir.Sol