wrestfan

Iran Wrestling News

Mehran Firouz loses the final vs the American 3-1 and WINS SILVER.

To be honest Firouz did nothing in the entire match. Was leading 1-1 on criteria and then in the last 20 seconds the American kid got 2 points in a similar incident to what we saw yesterday (no full control). The Iranian team didn't challenge it until after the match ended, so their challenge wasn't even heard. 

Lol I don't understand how they can be that upset about losing a close match when they don't even attempt 1 leg attack for 4 minutes. Look how Russia's HW wrestles and this guy weighs 42kg. Take the loss with some class please the American deserved to win. 

7 minutes ago, Shiraz123 said:

Lol I don't understand how they can be that upset about losing a close match when they don't even attempt 1 leg attack for 4 minutes. Look how Russia's HW wrestles and this guy weighs 42kg. Take the loss with some class please the American deserved to win. 

They should have challenged it immediately though, why wait until after time is up then get upset and challenge? 

Probably because there was still a chance he gets exposure or something and gets 2 points. If they challenged immediately and lost he would need 3 points to win. But who knows if you look at Tavakolian in the corner it doesn't seem like he's exactly thinking everything through with a cool head. 

6 minutes ago, Shiraz123 said:

Probably because there was still a chance he gets exposure or something and gets 2 points. If they challenged immediately and lost he would need 3 points to win. But who knows if you look at Tavakolian in the corner it doesn't seem like he's exactly thinking everything through with a cool head. 

I meant Firouz not Zadegan btw. I just watched it again and the American gets the 2 points at 0.18, but from 0.08 (the last 8 seconds) he just lays on him and clearly nothing will happen - that was when they should have challenged in my opinion 

Also Elahi vs the Russian Abdulaev at 60kg is going to be tough - don't think the Russian has given a point up yet. 

Edited by The Genius

2 minutes ago, irani said:

why did he get disqualified?

crying , acting, protesting too much. but I have seen worse. but they are usually more "strict" when it comes to Iran. I think at the end he did shake hand and let the ref raise the Ukrainian hands.

6 minutes ago, wrestfan said:

crying , acting, protesting too much. but I have seen worse. but they are usually more "strict" when it comes to Iran. I think at the end he did shake hand and let the ref raise the Ukrainian hands.

I agree they are more strict when it comes to Iran, as demonstrated by the infamous short sleeve on podium disqualification.

But I also think Iranians need to show more sportsmanship, take defeats with dignity, and protest far less.  This applies not just to wrestling, but to all sports.

I will never remember the Iran Japan soccer match, when the Japanese forward took a dive, 5 Iranian defender went to the referee to protect the dive, and the Japanese forward got up, got the ball and scored.  Protest less!!

1 minute ago, Shiraz123 said:

Did they eject him? 

u sure ? I think I saw him but then I wasn't watching carefully , I might be wrong

I heard the mat chairman told to the ref to show the coach "red card" during the Gholizadegan match, (not sure if they did) even though coaches were telling to the wrestler to go to the center and shake hands but well those UWW officials can't understand Persian. they probably thought they are telling Gholizadegan to do something stupid lol

2 minutes ago, wrestfan said:

u sure ? I think I saw him but then I wasn't watching carefully , I might be wrong

I heard the mat chairman told to the ref to show the coach "red card" during the Gholizadegan match, (not sure if they did) even though coaches were telling to the wrestler to go to the center and shake hands but well those UWW officials can't understand Persian. they probably thought they are telling Gholizadegan to do something stupid lol

He wasn't there. It was the guy in the grey shirt mat side and the old guy sitting behind him. Also Mohsen Kaveh is shouting for the crowd lol.