wrestfan

Iran Wrestling News

6 hours ago, Shiraz123 said:

Why is Maghsoudi wrestling at junior worlds? Yazdani is even in the team photos.

yeah it was supposed to be Yazdani , no idea how and when they changed it !

btw there is a possible 2nd round Israel match for Sheikh-Azami, I think Israel will lose to Georgia but then Azami has to beat Georgia otherwise he will end up withdrawing the repechage.

losing to Algeria , I wonder if we had that before or this is the first time. obviously sending Sheikhazami wasn't a good idea. he wasn't ready.

Maghsoudi had to lose to Azerbaijan, he came back by a 5pts throw and 2 dubious cautions to win the match 7-7. the last caution in last 3 seconds was indeed controversial, never saw Iranians won matches by these kind of calls .

10 minutes ago, wrestfan said:

losing to Algeria , I wonder if we had that before or this is the first time. obviously sending Sheikhazami wasn't a good idea. he wasn't ready.

Maghsoudi had to lose to Azerbaijan, he came back by a 5pts throw and 2 dubious cautions to win the match 7-7. the last caution in last 3 seconds was indeed controversial, never saw Iranians won matches by these kind of calls .

Maghsoudi is such an interesting wrestler to watch, lol. 

51 minutes ago, The Genius said:

Firouzpour (70) lost 5-5 to Diacon (MDA) in the SF. 

Firouzpour was unlucky that a 4 pt move was called as only 2 pts, but he started very slowly. 

Did they challenge?

14 hours ago, The Genius said:

Both points conceded were penalty points.

I was unable to understand why he was being penalized. I think the ref said something about blocking. Two caution and ones. He was just getting wrist control. The ref didn't like him; what was all the complaining about the forehead? The ref kept making a hand signal to say keep the head up or something. I couldn't understand that either.

Refs have been very poor past few tournaments I have watched. Challenges take like 3 hours now. I've seen multiple of our wrestlers get a single leg and drive the guy out but for some reason not get a point (even lose a point in the 92kg cadet final). I did not like the way the Abdolahi - Russia match was officiated at all. I thought if a guy is trying to turn you on the ground and you reverse to end up on top then thats 1 point? Same situation with the leg attack to step out. 

Edited by Shiraz123

Some of these HW are unbelievable at junior worlds. I know wrestling is not about physique but the Armenian Zare wrestled looked like he was being sent to the world hot dog eating championships and ended up here by mistake. Awful wrestler. Same as the Egyptian but they are not really a wrestling country.

At 61kg Shirazi is out because the American that beat him just got teched vs JPN.

At 74kg Nokhodi is in the repechage because the American that beat him just teched Gadzhiev in about 30 seconds in the SF. 

At 86kg Sajjad Habibi is out because the American that beat him just lost his SF vs RUS. 

Edited by The Genius