wrestfan

Iran Wrestling News

Lol he lost a Russian in the final of the youth Olympics about a year ago but yes aside from that it is working out for him. Actually almost all of them wrestle like that some are just better at it or in weaker divisions like HW juniors. 

Please correct me if I have this summary wrong

57 kg - Parasteh DNP

61K - Shirazi DNP

65 kg - Maghsoodi GOLD

70 kg -  FIROUZPOURBANDPEI Bronze

74 Kg - NOKHODI in Repachage vs Russian

79 kg - SHEIKHAZAMI DNP (lost to Algerian!!) 

86 kg - Habibi DNP

92 Kg - Abdollahi in Repachage vs Turkey

97 Kg - Foroutan in the finals vs Cuba

125 kg - Zare in the finals vs USA

So, worse case scenario 1 gold, 2 silver,  1 bronze

best case scenario 3 gold, 3 bronze

2 minutes ago, irani said:

Please correct me if I have this summary wrong

57 kg - Parasteh DNP

61K - Shirazi DNP

65 kg - Maghsoodi GOLD

70 kg -  FIROUZPOURBANDPEI Bronze

74 Kg - NOKHODI in Repachage vs Russian

79 kg - SHEIKHAZAMI DNP (lost to Algerian!!) 

86 kg - Habibi DNP

92 Kg - Abdollahi in Repachage vs Turkey

97 Kg - Foroutan in the finals vs Cuba

125 kg - Zare in the finals vs USA

So, worse case scenario 1 gold, 2 silver,  1 bronze

best case scenario 3 gold, 3 bronze

Correct. Foroutan about to wrestle for gold now. 

Btw the American at 125kg looks very good, should be a good test for Zare. 

Foroutan beats the Cuban 10-0 in the final and WINS GOLD. 

[Defends single leg well, counters and gets a TD 4-0

Another TD from a good counter 6-0

Another pushout 7-0, Cuban looks broken 

Cuban escapes single leg but Foroutan still gets the TD 9-0, Foroutan looks very strong 

Pushout 10-0]

Edited by The Genius

Just now, The Genius said:

Foroutan beats the Cuban 10-0 in the final and WINS GOLD. 

[Defends single leg well, counters and gets a TD 4-0

Another TD from a good counter 6-0

Another pushout 7-0, Cuban looks broken 

Cuban escapes single leg but Foroutan still gets the TD 9-0, Foroutan looks very strong 

Pushout 10-0]

That is excellent news.  I have reached my reaction quota for today, and this board will not let me like or thank any more posts!

11 minutes ago, sidakova4991 said:

That match was a joke.  Shiraev should have gotten another 4 point fireman's carry.  Ridiculous.  Instead Maghsoudi got a push-out point when Shiraev was advancing the whole time.  

Be grateful Amir Yazdani didn't show up and tech him instead. 

FS team table after day 2. 

We can still finish 2nd above US but we'll need the US to lose their finals (they have 3, 2 vs RUS and 1 vs Zare) and/or at least one of their Bronze matches (they also have 2 here I think) and Nokhodi or Abdollahi to win Bronze. 

Nokhodi has a Russian in the repechage before he can wrestle for Bronze and Abdollahi has 2 repechage matches before he can wrestle for Bronze. Won't be easy.

Lots of permutations but it's still possible.

On the other hand, Japan has two finals tomorrow so they could overtake us if we don't win any more points.

Screenshot 2019-08-13 at 19.15.39.png

Edited by The Genius

10 minutes ago, The Genius said:

FS team table after day 2. 

We can still finish 2nd above US but we'll need the US to lose their finals (they have 3, 2 vs RUS and 1 vs Zare) and at least one of their Bronze matches (they also have 2 here I think) and Nokhodi or Abdollahi to win Bronze. 

Lots of permutations but it's still possible.

Screenshot 2019-08-13 at 19.15.39.png

Many thanks for the post.  Where did you get the chart?

Can Japan catch up or is third in the bag?

4 minutes ago, irani said:

Many thanks for the post.  Where did you get the chart?

Can Japan catch up or is third in the bag?

From Twitter (wrestlingnomad)

I edited my post now to discuss Japan (also to correct some mistakes because I missed some things). They have two finalists so if they win both of those and Zare loses and neither of Nokhodi/Abdollahi get to the Bronze medal match then they will overtake us. Anything else and we'll stay above them.

EDIT: Actually that's wrong as well, Japan cannot overtake us.

I'm going to retire now. Next time I'm just posting the table with no comment. 

Edited by The Genius

1 minute ago, The Genius said:

@wrestfan can you help me stop embarrassing myself please (and confirm that Japan cannot overtake us but we can overtake US if what I wrote above happens)? 

well, worst case scenario for Iran, Iran stays at 87 points.  Assuming you are correct about Japan having two more in the finals, then if they win both, they get 10 more points and they over take iran

1 minute ago, irani said:

well, worst case scenario for Iran, Iran stays at 87 points.  Assuming you are correct about Japan having two more in the finals, then if they win both, they get 10 more points and they over take iran

That was my mistake as well, but even if Nokhodi/Abdollahi lose their repechage matches they still get points so it's not that simple unfortunately!

5 minutes ago, The Genius said:

@wrestfan can you help me stop embarrassing myself please (and confirm that Japan cannot overtake us but we can overtake US if what I wrote above happens)? 

I'm a bit lazy for calculation but I think both Shirazi and Habibi will finish in top 10 and will earn some points for Iran. same goes to Nokhodi even if he loses the repechage to Russia. so I think the 3rd place is pretty much safe. even I can say 100% safe

Edit: well I can say both will finish in top 10 for sure. most probably 7th or 8th. you can add something like 14-16pts to Iran.

Edited by wrestfan

4 minutes ago, wrestfan said:

I'm a bit lazy for calculation but I think both Shirazi and Habibi will finish in top 10 and will earn some points for Iran. same goes to Nokhodi even if he loses the repechage to Russia. so I think the 3rd place is pretty much safe. even I can say 100% safe

Thanks. Does Abdollahi get any points if he loses the first repechage match (given he'd then be 0-2)? He should win the first repechage at least so that's some points as well (I'm not sure he can beat Hamzatov). 

Japan and US probably have guys that didn't medal but will get top 10 too, so it's very hard to calculate at this point all the permutations! 

Edited by The Genius

1 minute ago, The Genius said:

Thanks. Does Abdollahi get any points if he loses the first repechage match (given he'd then be 0-2)? He should win the first repechage at least so that's some points as well (I'm not sure he can beat Hamzatov). 

no obviously he won't . I edited my post. Shirazi and Habibi being in top 10 is a sure thing . they had 2 wins (1 tech for each one) and received a point even when they lost. they have 8 classification points. which is usually good enough for 7th place (worst case 8th place)

actually Iran only needs one of those guys to survive the repechage to stand a chance for 2nd place. specially Abdollahi.

7 minutes ago, wrestfan said:

Edit: well I can say both will finish in top 10 for sure. most probably 7th or 8th. you can add something like 14-16pts to Iran.

The chart already shows 2 points for Shirazi, so I assume that is all he will get.  Am I wrong?

1 minute ago, irani said:

The chart already shows 2 points for Shirazi, so I assume that is all he will get.  Am I wrong?

the chat shows nothing for Shirazi. those 2pts are for Parasteh.

like us they were lazy to calculate and automatically considered 0 for all eliminated wrestlers. that's correct for Japanese and Azerbaijani wrestlers but Iranians lost after winning couple matches.