wrestfan

Iran Wrestling News

25 minutes ago, irani said:

@wrestfan I have a questions for you.  This is more about old history of wrestling, so you may or may not know the answer

In 1954, Fardin (yes the actor) won the silver in world championship in 73 Kg

In 1955, as far as I can tell, there was not world freestyle championship

in 1956 Habibi won the gold in the 73 Kg

in 1957, Fardin took 4th

My question is , do you know if Fardin and Habibi were rivals at some point, and did they actual wrestler against each other?  If so, did Fardin ever beat Habibi?

well I really don't know if they ever wrestled. but Habibi won the gold in 1956 Olympics at 67kg. so I assume they were never in the same weight. and Fardin had a short career because as everybody knows he got into acting which was very successful.

they were at least rivals in acting ! because Habibi got into that too but this time not successful

PS: from 1950 to 1959 we never had World Championships for both FS and GR in the same year. it was 1 year FS, 1 year GR (excluding Olympic years) it was something like

1950 GR, 1951 FS, 1952 Olympics (both), 1953 GR, 1954 FS, 1955 GR, 1956 Olympics, 1957 FS, 1958 GR, 1959 FS

38 minutes ago, wrestfan said:

Mohammadian's final is also here, somwhere near the end of it, at 1:00:00

http://sports.cctv.com/2019/10/22/VIDEXFr8p3FhwCFycbDjTYC8191022.shtml

Thanks, I did not bother watching Mohebbi, but did watch Mohammadian

1. He looks like the younger, and much much much bigger version of his dad
  2. who was his coach in the corner?
  3. He has a pretty good take down, the first two point that he gave us really should have been his two points, except he slipped after he got the the single leg
  4. He took 4 really good single legs, and failed to turn any of them into a take down.  he needs to work on that.  he has the more difficult part, actually getting the single leg, nailed
  5. I predict Mohammadian will be Iran's representative in 2020

2 minutes ago, wrestfan said:

well I really don't know if they ever wrestled. but Habibi won the gold in 1956 Olympics at 67kg. so I assume they were never in the same weight. and Fardin had a short career because as everybody knows he got into acting which was very successful.

they were at least rivals in acting ! because Habibi got into that too but this time not successful

PS: from 1950 to 1959 we never had World Championships for both FS and GR in the same year. it was 1 year FS, 1 year GR (excluding Olympic years) it was something like

1950 GR, 1951 FS, 1952 Olympics (both), 1953 GR, 1954 FS, 1955 GR, 1956 Olympics, 1957 FS, 1958 GR, 1959 FS

Fardin was the 1957 representative in 73 kg and won 4th, and Habibi was the 73 Kg representative in 1959 and won gold.  So there is a good chance they wrestled.

Their rivalry in wrestling may have been closer than their rivalry in acting :)

8 hours ago, irani said:

Fardin was the 1957 representative in 73 kg and won 4th, and Habibi was the 73 Kg representative in 1959 and won gold.  So there is a good chance they wrestled.

Their rivalry in wrestling may have been closer than their rivalry in acting :)

not that I'm aware of , Fardin retired from wrestling somewhere 1958 or 1959. it's also possible they never had to wrestle.

and about Mohammadian's coach, some former wrestler military guy lol I think his name is Shahram Omid, and he was kind of funny if you listen to Mohebbi-Akgul match.

8 minutes ago, wrestfan said:

and about Mohammadian's coach, some former wrestler military guy lol I think his name is Shahram Omid, and he was kind of funny if you listen to Mohebbi-Akgul match.

I did not watch the Mohebbi match, I get upset when I see him wrestle!

But the coach was funny in the Mohammadian match, calling him "pesar"  (Boy)

We were supposed to see Zare-Petriashvili in Iranian league today but Geno's club decided to field a second tier team and rest all of their main wrestlers for the final 4. therefore Karimi, Emami, Zare, Atri and the rest won their matches quite easily. I think tomorrow is the last day of the group round.

Hassan Yazdani also has his debut for his club and beat Mersad Marghzari 10-0 today. Teymouri once again faced Jabrayil Hasanov, this time Hasanov won 8-3. in an interesting match Dadashpour lost 5-3 to Nokhodi !! too much for Dadashpour and his big mouth, he beat Afzali in the league and then started to bash Hosseinkhani,  saying he is always a failure and I can do better than him.

I tried to find the list of foreign wrestlers, this is the list (maybe incomplete)

Toos: Arsen Harutyunyan, Jabrayil Hasanov

Sari: Azamat Tuskaev, Artem Gebekov

Atrak: Akhmednabi Gvarzatilov, Geno Petriashvili

Azad Uni: Beka Lomtadze, Giorgi Edisherashvili

Iran-Mall: Gadzhi Nabiev, Khetag Tsabolov

3 minutes ago, Shiraz123 said:

Do you have the full video of the dual with Yazdani's team? I saw his match but wanted to see Foroutan's loss. I can only find the full dual for the team with Zare and Atri on it.

yes

https://www.telewebion.com/episode/2145126

that was kind of a weird match, Foroutan wasted too much energy on cheap pushouts  (trying to be Goleij) and gassed at the end. Shams is not world class but he is not that bad, Foroutan totally underestimated him.

27 minutes ago, wrestfan said:

yes

https://www.telewebion.com/episode/2145126

that was kind of a weird match, Foroutan wasted too much energy on cheap pushouts  (trying to be Goleij) and gassed at the end. Shams is not world class but he is not that bad, Foroutan totally underestimated him.

Thanks. 

Who is this idiot on the camera? He is filming the crowd half the time and you can't even see the attacks. They did the same thing in the Ghasempour/Yazdani trial. 

Also I saw Younes Sarmasti coaching the team with Hasanov on it. I saw he was losing every match badly in the previous weeks so did they just take him off the team and make him a coach? lol or maybe it's because he speaks Turkish. 

10 hours ago, Shiraz123 said:

Also I saw Younes Sarmasti coaching the team with Hasanov on it. I saw he was losing every match badly in the previous weeks so did they just take him off the team and make him a coach? lol or maybe it's because he speaks Turkish. 

I think he just acts as translator , he speaks Turkish/Azeri too

We had 2 league sessions today, this is the video from the morning session. two duals , the second one was interesting,

as shiraz said Yazdani beat Shahbazi quite easily at 92kg. Maghsoudi/A. Yazdani also finished 9-9 for Yazdani. Nokhodi was hopeless against Afzali at 74

Yazdani's match at 2:21:00

https://www.telewebion.com/episode/2145501

--------------------------------

in afternoon session, Sarlak beat Tuskev (Sarlak got teched by Harutynyan at the morning) Gebekov also lost to some random guy. but most interestingly Amir Mohammad Yazdani lost to Farzad Amouzad !! 6-5. another interesting result was Dadashpour beating Afzali again 5-4.

I'm not sure about the group standing but I think after all Toos club and Azad Uni made it to the semifinal. so we will see Yazdani again in final 4. Reza Yazdani was also supposed to wrestle for Azad but didn't happen. from other group Iran-Mall (which has the  strongest squad) and Atrak qualified.

I know we can't judge on league results but 74kg is getting funny, these guys are beating each other and none of them looks any better. Amir Mohammad Yazdani losing to Amouzad was surprising, Yazdani could lose to Maghsoudi today too. even in this weight nobody convinced me to be #1 in Iran. but I think while Yazdani has a better future maybe Maghsoudi is a better option right now.

1 minute ago, wrestfan said:

We had 2 league sessions today, this is the video from the morning session. two duals , the second one was interesting,

as shiraz said Yazdani beat Shahbazi quite easily at 92kg. Maghsoudi/A. Yazdani also finished 9-9 for Yazdani. Nokhodi was hopeless against Afzali at 74

Yazdani's match at 2:21:00

https://www.telewebion.com/episode/2145501

--------------------------------

in afternoon session, Sarlak beat Tuskev (Sarlak got teched by Harutynyan at the morning) Gebekov also lost to some random guy. but most interestingly Amir Mohammad Yazdani lost to Farzad Amouzad !! 6-5. another interesting result was Dadashpour beating Afzali again 5-4.

I'm not sure about the group standing but I think after all Toos club and Azad Uni made it to the semifinal. so we will see Yazdani again in final 4. Reza Yazdani was also supposed to wrestle for Azad but didn't happen. from other group Iran-Mall (which has the  strongest squad) and Atrak qualified.

I know we can't judge on league results but 74kg is getting funny, these guys are beating each other and none of them looks any better. Amir Mohammad Yazdani losing to Amouzad was surprising, Yazdani could lose to Maghsoudi today too. even in this weight nobody convinced me to be #1 in Iran. but I think while Yazdani has a better future maybe Maghsoudi is a better option right now.

I am very disappointed to read about Nokhodi losing to Afzali. I was hoping that Nokhodi is on his way up, and perhaps could be the #1 in time for the olympics

57 minutes ago, Shiraz123 said:

Our best chance for a  Olympic medal at 74  is Hasanov but the weight may be too strong at this point if he goes back down.

?  Did Hasanov defect to Iran? :)

Just now, Shiraz123 said:

He donated all his medals to the shrine of whichever of those imams is buried in Mashad. I forgot his name.

Lol, I can tell you are a devout follower :)

I am surprised, I thought azeris are Sunnis

Just saw the Maghsoudi - Yazdani match again. Not saying Maghsoudi is a much better wrestler but he definitely won that match.

How did they give this as 2 for Yazdani after the challenge? 

I also thought they didn't give one of Maghsoudi's pushouts for no reason.

We will have the Iranian league final 4 tomorrow, (actually in few hours) we had lots of controversies, withdrawals etc.

it's a long list of wrestlers, so I'm only going to mention the notable wrestlers for each team. obviously the "Iran-mall" club has the most loaded squad.

Semis will be Tous vs Atrak and Iran-Mall vs Azad University

Tous: 61 Harutyunyan, 65 Maghsoudi, 74 Nokhodi, 79 Hasanov, 86 H. Yazdani

Atrak: 61 Gvarzatilov, 86 Akbari, 97 Goleij, 125 Petriashvili

Azad Uni has no chance against the Iran-Mall, and they have no foriegn wrestlers tomorrow. so I'm not going to write their squad.

here is the Iran-Mall squad, none of them are unknown.

57 Atri, Hajaghania, 61 Yakhkeshi, Sadeghi, 65, Meisam Nasiri, Mehran Nasiri, 70 Emami, Ahmad Mohammadi, 74 Tsabolov, Rashidi, 79 Gadzhiev, Hassantabar, 86 Ghasempour, Bazri, 92 Karimi, Ebrahimi, 97 Shaabani, Mohammadian, 125 Zare, Sadeghzadeh

it's kind of funny, having Karimi and Ebrahimi in the same squad ! looks like they hired some of these wrestlers to make sure other teams can't get them lol I would like to see Zare vs Petriashvili but I think Geno's team won't make it to the final. but there is a good chance to see another "Yazdani vs Ghasempour" tomorrow in the final.

34 minutes ago, wrestfan said:

We will have the Iranian league final 4 tomorrow, (actually in few hours) we had lots of controversies, withdrawals etc.

looks like they hired some of these wrestlers to make sure other teams can't get them lol 

How do squads get decided, is it just whomever accepts the contract to wrestle (Sorry I'm not more knowledgeable) 

2 minutes ago, spladle08 said:

How do squads get decided, is it just whomever accepts the contract to wrestle (Sorry I'm not more knowledgeable) 

Yes, exactly. and each team is limited to max 2 foreign wrestlers.

and there are limitations on the number of World Team members each team can sign, max 4 wrestlers from the 2019 World Team (max 3 of them can wrestle in a dual)