wrestfan

Iran Wrestling News

1 hour ago, The Genius said:

Almost forgot Ebrahimi existed. 

Will be very good to see Foroutan and Zare get more international exposure at their age. 

I don’t understand the purpose of trying out young wrestlers in non Olympic weights at this point.

Given their limited resources, they should only focus on the Olympic weights at this point

Yazdani 10 - 0 over 2013 world champ Goygereev. Finally an Iranian beats this guy lol after what he did to Esmailpour and Ehsanpour. Although I think he lose to Esmailpour in the league a few years after that 2013 match. 

Edited by Shiraz123

1 hour ago, Shiraz123 said:

Yazdani 10 - 0 over 2013 world champ Goygereev. Finally an Iranian beats this guy lol after what he did to Esmailpour and Ehsanpour. Although I think he lose to Esmailpour in the league a few years after that 2013 match. 

anymore results ? I wasn't around for few hours and now its kind of impossible to go back hours through all 3 mats and find the Iranians lol, I found only Sarlak though

11 minutes ago, wrestfan said:

anymore results ? I wasn't around for few hours and now its kind of impossible to go back hours through all 3 mats and find the Iranians lol, I found only Sarlak though

Dastan is losing right now. I don't think any of the others wrestled yet. 

4 minutes ago, Shiraz123 said:

Dastan is losing right now. I don't think any of the others wrestled yet. 

thanks

yes I'm watching this, that was amazing how Dastan gave up 12pts while he was in total control all the time ! never saw such things happening 2 or 3 times in a single match.

so it seems the remaining 4 are in round of 16. (3 of them had a bye)

Edited by wrestfan

Match isn't over yet but Yazdani is about to lose to Shiraev (the wrestler that Maghsoudi beat in the finals of junior worlds a few months ago), Yazdani got to his legs a few times and was even behind him but wow he just could not take him down at all. 

Match is over, Yazdani loses 10 - 0 

Edited by Shiraz123

Zare looked good with his gut wrenches, I know this Uzbek guy isn't the 3rd best wrestler in the world (and nowhere near that) but still that was a good win over the world bronze medalist.

so we have Foroutan, Ebrahimi and Zare in the quarterfinal

I think Sarlak,  Dastan and Yazdani they all lost winnable matches, it's annoying how they can't score from their attacks and instead losing points ! Foroutan also made it hard for himself, he was a bit disappointing . if I'm not wrong next will be Odikadze for him.

55 minutes ago, wrestfan said:

Zare looked good with his gut wrenches, I know this Uzbek guy isn't the 3rd best wrestler in the world (and nowhere near that) but still that was a good win over the world bronze medalist.

At the minimum, it proves that as an 18 year old, he can compete with adult men

Just now, The Genius said:

same Odikadze that narrowly beat Shabani at worlds, time to try Goleij! 

When is Zare's next match (he only wrestled Rakhimov so far right)?

Zare should wrestle around now. One of the 125 quarters is currently taking place (Drago).

If Odikadze doesn't get tired Goleij won't beat him either. He so far held up against Shabani and Foroutan who both try and put heavy pressure on. I don't really see Foroutan improving much. They may send him to juniors for the third time. 

Foroutan was really disappointing, that 4-0 was more one-sided than Yazdani's 10-0 defeat. and once again an Iranian didn't score even when he was behind the opponent.

Shaabani was much better vs Odikadze, at least he could score.

I'm slowly believing Foroutan is going to become the next Shahbazi or Mirzaei or Talebi and other 97kg World Junior gold medalists.

4 minutes ago, Shiraz123 said:

Zare should wrestle around now. One of the 125 quarters is currently taking place (Drago)

If Odikadze doesn't get tired Goleij won't beat him either. He so far held up against Shabani and Foroutan who both try and put heavy pressure on. I don't really see Foroutan improving much. They may send him to juniors for the third time. 

Thanks, none of the three streams work for me though (all say "live in 13 hours") - do you have a link for Zare please? 

I was joking about Goleij, Mohammadian is a better option of course