wrestfan

Iran Wrestling News

Those links work for me. 

1 minute ago, The Genius said:

Thanks, none of the three streams work for me though (all say "live in 13 hours") - do you have a link for Zare please? 

I was joking about Goleij, Mohammadian is a better option of course

I know people are excited about Mohammadian because in a way he is a new wrestler due to coming back from the 4 year ban but I seriously think it's going to be Karimi. 

2 minutes ago, Shiraz123 said:

Those links work for me. 

I know people are excited about Mohammadian because in a way he is a new wrestler due to coming back from the 4 year ban but I seriously think it's going to be Karimi. 

They work on a different browser now - thanks

I'd be surprised if it was Karimi given his inexperience at 97kg and difficulty with guys bigger than him at 92kg (even if that's only one guy). For me it's still between Mohammadian and Yazdani but Yazdani seems too unreliable with too many injuries so I strongly lean to Mohammadian now 

I like Mohammadian but him losing to Sharipov and then Sharipov losing to that Russian that Karimi killed at worlds surprised me. Either the Russian suddenly improved a lot or Mohammadian lost to a out of shape Sharipov. I know wrestling doesn't work that way where you can look at wins and losses like that but still.My top 3 is Karimi, Mohammadian and Yazdani. I'm sure Yazdani will hurt himself at some point. 

9 minutes ago, Shiraz123 said:

I like Mohammadian but him losing to Sharipov and then Sharipov losing to that Russian that Karimi killed at worlds surprised me. Either the Russian suddenly improved a lot or Mohammadian lost to a out of shape Sharipov. I know wrestling doesn't work that way where you can look at wins and losses like that but still.My top 3 is Karimi, Mohammadian and Yazdani. I'm sure Yazdani will hurt himself at some point. 

These triangles never work and especially not across different weight divisions, Sharipov is already an example of that at 86kg

Also, just me or 2/3 mats are down and now only mat C is still up? Unless I somehow missed Zare I guess that means he'll be on after Baitcaev/Musaev

EDIT: wrong, now Snyder 

Edited by The Genius

15 minutes ago, Shiraz123 said:

Seems all the matches will be on this mat C now. It's not really a triangle as Karimi beat both of them but Takhti will definitely be interesting. Is it Takhti where they are all wrestling or are some wrestlers exempt? 

only Karimi is exempt (alongside other 2019 World medalists + Atri) the rest have to wrestle there otherwise they are out of the Olympics . at least that's what they said

We will have Takhti Cup qualifier tomorrow, the list is here

http://iawf.ir/Public/iawf.ir/1/results/entekhabi-FS-takhti-98-01.pdf

notable names are Biabani, Sadeghi 65, Meisam Nassiri 70, Hosseinkhani !!! 74,  plus few more

the most interesting name was Hosseinkhani ! I didn't know he is recovered. for example 2 time world medalist, Ahmad Mohammadi is not in the list, does it mean he already gave up trying for the Olympics ?!

2019 World Team members, U23 team members, Nationals Gold medalists, World Juniors Gold medalists + few other names (like R. Yazdani, Hadi, Ebrahimi) are already qualified for the Takhti Cup.

and keep in mind participating at Takhti Cup is mandatory for everybody except H. Yazdani, Atri, Karimi, Ehsanpour and Emami. this is the first round of the Olympic trials.

Ebrahimi makes the finals 

Zare loses to Gazzaev 2-2 ( 3-2) after a last second takedown and failed challenge. He controlled the match but could only score due to Gazzaev being put on the shot clock twice, not even one push out. He did get on a single leg but Gazzaev defended it. To be fair Gazzaev did nothing the whole match but we saw Zare's problem scoring against a guy who didn't get tired, or at least if he did get tired he didn't get exhausted. 

Edited by Shiraz123

Zare beat Gwiz 10-0 in the Bronze match.

Although he lost a close match on criteria (basically) to the Russian, he teched two separate world medalists (Gwiz and Rakhimov). Good tournament for a 18 year old. 

Edited by The Genius

3 minutes ago, The Genius said:

Jury robbed Ebrahimi in the last 2 seconds so he lost the gold match 2-4 

the call was right, he had the control for a moment which is enough for a takedown

Ebrahimi has only himself and his conservative strategy to blame, and this guy claims he is better than Karimi ! idiot

If you want to wrestle like Ebrahimi and win gold medals you need to have J'Den Cox levels of defence. By that I mean don't give up a takedown in over a year, which is what Cox did. Ebrahimi is playing this game for years now and it's not working out. Up to 97 now I am guessing so lets see what happens. 

at the first day of Takhti Cup qualifiers, all of those "notable" guys made it to the final only Iman Sadeghi lost to Mehran Nassiri (what a surprise lol)

interestingly it seems Hosseinkhani teched everybody on his way to the final. I wonder if it's the same Mostafa Hosseinkhani lol

I'm not sure if it's top 2 or top 4 but at least everybody made it to the Takhti Cup.

1 minute ago, wrestfan said:

at the first day of Takhti Cup qualifiers, all of those "notable" guys made it to the final only Iman Sadeghi lost to Mehran Nassiri (what a surprise lol)

interestingly it seems Hosseinkhani teched everybody on his way to the final. I wonder if it's the same Mostafa Hosseinkhani lol

I'm not sure if it's top 2 or top 4 but at least everybody made it to the Takhti Cup.

Lol did Nasiri make it to the final or did he lose and also eliminate Sadeghi?