wrestfan

Iran Wrestling News

1 hour ago, Shiraz123 said:

If you want to wrestle like Ebrahimi and win gold medals you need to have J'Den Cox levels of defence. By that I mean don't give up a takedown in over a year, which is what Cox did. Ebrahimi is playing this game for years now and it's not working out. Up to 97 now I am guessing so lets see what happens. 

They should have had him wrestle in 97 in this tournament.  What is the point of competing in 92 Kg 2 months before the Olympics?

Couldn't find the Gwiz-Zare medal match. Did Zare catch Gwiz in a gut wrench?

Zare had a nice powerful gut to put away UZB earlier in the tournament. Looked like a world class gut.

Incredible how some world class wrestlers can hit that move so effortlessly, yet other world class wrestlers try, but seem to have no clue at it.

1 minute ago, 2td3nf said:

Couldn't find the Gwiz-Zare medal match. Did Zare catch Gwiz in a gut wrench?

Zare had a nice powerful gut to put away UZB earlier in the tournament. Looked like a world class gut.

Incredible how some world class wrestlers can hit that move so effortlessly, yet other world class wrestlers try, but seem to have no clue at it.

I didn't see it either and couldn't find it but I read it was underhook pushouts and takedowns on the edge of the mat from underhooks. 

1 hour ago, Shiraz123 said:

Lol did Nasiri make it to the final or did he lose and also eliminate Sadeghi?

I'm sure you already know the answer, but just for others who doesn't it was the semifinal, so Sadeghi will have another shot tomorrow (assuming top 4 will qualify)

Rashidov will have another sleepless night , because Iman Sadeghi's Olympic dream is not over yet lol

but seriously speaking, it would by funny to see a rematch of Rashidov/Sadeghi right now. 

Just saw that Zare actually teched Gwiz in the first period (in 160 seconds), brutal.

After wins over two world medalists when do we stop thinking his size might be a problem at 125kg? That's going to be less of an issue naturally with time and he's already teching much older established world level guys at 18 years old, well deserved $1000 prize money I'd say. 

Shiraz, thanks for finding and posting the Zare-Gwiz match.

Now there's another match I've seen where Zare's opponent looked helpless. A few weeks ago against Geno, where Geno rolled Zare up in the beginning and almost teched him, but then Zare came roaring back for the easy win. Then today Gwiz looked like he had absolutely nothing for Zare.

Were Geno and Gwiz a little banged up? Or is Zare that much of a bulldozer? I like Hadi for the Iran Olympic spot but looking forward to Zare knocking on the door.

22 minutes ago, 2td3nf said:

Shiraz, thanks for finding and posting the Zare-Gwiz match.

Now there's another match I've seen where Zare's opponent looked helpless. A few weeks ago against Geno, where Geno rolled Zare up in the beginning and almost teched him, but then Zare came roaring back for the easy win. Then today Gwiz looked like he had absolutely nothing for Zare.

Were Geno and Gwiz a little banged up? Or is Zare that much of a bulldozer? I like Hadi for the Iran Olympic spot but looking forward to Zare knocking on the door.

Geno totally gassed after the first period which is not typically associated with him, but maybe he exerted too much energy trying to gut wrench Zare to an early tech win and was spent when he didn't get it. There were rumours he was going to compete at Alans which suggests there wasn't anything wrong with him, though ultimately he didn't turn up so who knows.

This is the list of eligible wrestlers for Takhti Cup, I show Takhti Cup qualifier bronze medalists in italic because I'm not 100% sure if they are qualified too , most of them are unknown though and won't make a difference.

57, Sarlak, Maleki, Khanjani, Rezvan, Zare'ei, Azimi

61, Yakhkeshi, Dastan, Ramezanpour, Hazratgholizadeh, A. Hajaghania, Ebadi, Bavafa

65, A. Yazdani, Hajipour, Ghiasi, Mehran Nassiri, Biabani, Eshghi, Sadeghi

70, Maghsoudi, Hosseini, Yeganeh-Jafari, Akbarzadeh, Meisam Nassiri, Zamani, Moghtader, Kamrani

74, Nokhodi, Afzali, Dadashpour, Kamarvand, Hosseinkhani, Khodabandehloo, Shabaznejad

79, Teymouri, Savadkouhi, Hassantabar, Gholami, Zarrinpeykar, Abbas Yazdani, Safari, Ebrahimnejad

86, Ghasempour, Bazri, Zaman, Marghzari, Hajilooeian, Alibakhshi, Alimoradi

92, Shahbazi, Mohebbi, Ebrahimi, Bayat, Mirbaghian, Alitabar, Jalalinejad

97, Yazdani, Shaabani, Foroutan, Nejatian, Goleij, Mohammadian, Abdi, Azizi, Firouzpour, Khajej-Salehani

125, Hadi, Mohebbi, Zare, Taheri, Amiri, Hassanzadeh, Cheraghi, Moradi

* wrestlers can change weight only with permission from the technical committee , and I have to repeat only 5 wrestlers are allowed to not participate here, H. Yazdani, Karimi, Atri, Emami and Ehsanpour. for the rest this is mandatory.

Takhti Cup will be held on January 2020

it seems Zare is not going to wrestle at the Takhti Cup ! instead they put him in the list for the Italian Ranking Series tournament alongside Ehsanpour, Emami and Karimi. all of these guys are exempt from Takhti Cup

does it mean they are seriously considering sending Zare to the Olympics ?!

1 hour ago, wrestfan said:

it seems Zare is not going to wrestle at the Takhti Cup ! instead they put him in the list for the Italian Ranking Series tournament alongside Ehsanpour, Emami and Karimi. all of these guys are exempt from Takhti Cup

Haji Aliyev showed some photos of training in Iran with some guys including Hadi a few days ago, so what is the situation with Hadi? 

42 minutes ago, The Genius said:

Haji Aliyev showed some photos of training in Iran with some guys including Hadi a few days ago, so what is the situation with Hadi? 

yes he joined an Iranian club for the World Clubs Cup. most of top Iranian wrestlers will be there too, it will be a low level competition though.

I assume Hadi is OK now. but probably not in a great shape after a long break. maybe that's the reason they are investing on Zare. but I really wanted to see Zare vs those big guys. I think Zare can't beat Hadi and Mohebbi right now (just because they are too big and they don't get tired) even though I hope I'm wrong.

6 hours ago, wrestfan said:

yes he joined an Iranian club for the World Clubs Cup. most of top Iranian wrestlers will be there too, it will be a low level competition though.

I assume Hadi is OK now. but probably not in a great shape after a long break. maybe that's the reason they are investing on Zare. but I really wanted to see Zare vs those big guys. I think Zare can't beat Hadi and Mohebbi right now (just because they are too big and they don't get tired) even though I hope I'm wrong.

If Zare won't be at Takhti Cup maybe he can be at Yasar Dogu?

1 hour ago, The Genius said:

is the injury news about Yazdani (knee) AND Karimi true? @wrestfan

Karimi ? no. he wrestled today in "World Club Cup" !

but Hassan Yazdani yeah, at first some news websites reported it as something very serious. but it seems that was exaggeration, he wrote something in his instagram, saying that's nothing serious and he will be back soon.

49 minutes ago, wrestfan said:

Karimi ? no. he wrestled today in "World Club Cup" !

but Hassan Yazdani yeah, at first some news websites reported it as something very serious. but it seems that was exaggeration, he wrote something in his instagram, saying that's nothing serious and he will be back soon.

I think I must have read one of the early serious reports! I also read something about Karimi getting injured today but maybe that wasn't true. Thanks :-) 

it seems Karimi was also injured ! today he withdrew in middle of the "World Clubs Cup" final while he was down 5-0 against an unknown guy Hossein Jalalinejad. I wonder if he was injured or simply out of shape, his team also had Ebrahimi and they even won the title before 92kg match , no reason for Karimi to wrestle if he wasn't ready.

btw Yazdani expects himself to be back after 5-6 weeks.

speaking of the World Club cup, it was a useless tournament, 3 Iranian teams finished on the podium. only few individual interesting results, Amir Mohammad Yazdani lost to Maghsoudi 8-3 but Maghsoudi himself lost to a Kyrgyz guy 3-2 ! while Yazdani teched that guy ! and in the final Yazdani lost 8-2 to Haji Aliyev.

at 74kg, Nokhodi beat Afzali 3-3, Afzali also lost to Dadashpour 3-2. Hosseinkhani also wrestled twice against weak non-Iranian teams and won both.

complete results are here, but nothing really interesting

http://iawf.ir/Public/iawf.ir/1/results/6 th FS wrestling clubs cup-2019.pdf

Alireza Karimi will be out for 3 months, he needs a surgery but they are going to postpone it for few months because of the Olympics !

well I think his Olympic chance is pretty much done, he needed time to adjust the new weight. they are trying to replace him with Mohammadian for the Italian tournament, that somehow tells me they are planning to send that team (if they do well in Italy) to the Olympic qualifiers in China, Ehsanpour (65), Emami (74), Mohammadian (97),  Zare (125)

On 12/16/2019 at 9:17 AM, wrestfan said:

Isn't Zare the same guy who got pinned by Mason Parris at Jr. Worlds? Should we be considering sending Parris as our Olympic rep at HWT for 2020?