wrestfan

Iran Wrestling News

1 hour ago, LifeintheRed said:

Isn't Zare the same guy who got pinned by Mason Parris at Jr. Worlds? Should we be considering sending Parris as our Olympic rep at HWT for 2020?

Yes, he is the same guy.

Since that loss, Zare has had an amazing run of success, suggesting that either the pin was a fluke, or Zare has improved tremendously since then.  I still think Hadi is a better choice for the Olympics.

As for Parris, I thought he was very impressive.  They should test him against senior wrestlers, and if he does well, then he should very well be the US rep in Tokyo.

6 hours ago, wrestfan said:

Alireza Karimi will be out for 3 months, he needs a surgery but they are going to postpone it for few months because of the Olympics !

well I think his Olympic chance is pretty much done, he needed time to adjust the new weight. they are trying to replace him with Mohammadian for the Italian tournament, that somehow tells me they are planning to send that team (if they do well in Italy) to the Olympic qualifiers in China, Ehsanpour (65), Emami (74), Mohammadian (97),  Zare (125)

Wow, I thought Hadi would be the Olympian pick for Iran. Do Zare and Hadi train together often, or at all? Maybe Zare is beating him now?  

Edited by 2td3nf

1 minute ago, 2td3nf said:

Wow, I thought Hadi would be the Olympian pick for Iran. Do Zare and Hadi train together often, or at all? Maybe Zare is beating him now?  

no I don't think they train together

but I said for the Olympics Qualifier, not the Olympic itself. and that was just a guess, we will see Hadi in few days in Takhti Cup , but I assume coaches probably think Zare is a safer for the Olympic quota considering Hadi is recovering from his back injury. even though I think even Mohebbi can qualify easily, 125kg is weak in Asia. and 3 Asian wrestlers are already qualified.

Hadi is a world medalist now and considering what happened between him and Ghasemi 4 years ago, (it came to parliament and even street protests) they won't send Zare without a trial.

officially they said, they will pick their team for the Asian Championship (different that Asian Olympic Qualifier) from Takhti Cup participants, and they will compare results at the Asian Champs with results from Italian tournament, then they will decide about the team for the Olympic Qualifier, but I assume those 4 wrestlers they will send to Italy will have the advantage.

4 hours ago, Shiraz123 said:

Who's this Nadirzadeh guy? Why am I seeing his face all over the federation page and wrestling news sites these past few months? 

probably a very dirty person, he is in charge of the "league"

if you guys remember I talked about him during the IAWF's election, he was Dabir's opponent. despite being completely unknown for wrestling community he still managed to collect some votes. which means he has some connections. and having connections means he is dirty. to me he also looks like a dirty person. I mean look at his face, he doesn't look like someone smart with creative ideas. Dabir probably only tried to use his "connections" by giving him that position

13 hours ago, wrestfan said:

probably a very dirty person, he is in charge of the "league"

if you guys remember I talked about him during the IAWF's election, he was Dabir's opponent. despite being completely unknown for wrestling community he still managed to collect some votes. which means he has some connections. and having connections means he is dirty. to me he also looks like a dirty person. I mean look at his face, he doesn't look like someone smart with creative ideas. Dabir probably only tried to use his "connections" by giving him that position

That's what I thought too. He has that face where you can't even really class him as a human. 

considering the "situation" apparently there will be only one guest country at the Takhti Cup which will start tomorrow. but it doesn't matter, this is still a very important competition for the Olympics trials. they gave wild card to some other wrestlers in last few days to make it something like at least 10 wrestlers per weight.

brackets are available for the first day, 57, 65, 79, 97, 125

http://iawf.ir/Public/iawf.ir/1/results/FS TAKHTI CUP 2020-01.pdf

not much about 57kg. main favorite Atri isn't here. and 79kg is not an Olympic weight

65kg: with Meisam Nassiri who was a last minute wild card, we have almost all candidates here, Biabani, Yazdani, Maghsoudi, Sadeghi, Ghiasi, both Nasiris (meisam and Mehran). ironically all of them are in the bottom half of the draw ! I assume they used the same software Kazakhstan used during the Worlds to manipulate the draw lol

97kg: the biggest question was about Reza Yazdani and surprisingly he is there ! he is not giving up the Olympics, it was supposed to be a tough competition but all of a sudden it's only Yazdani, Goleij and Shaabani (plus Nejatian) ! and whoever made the brackets listed Goleij as Cooleij ! lol and once again all favorites are in bottom half ! Yazdani will start with Nejatian, and Shabaani will meet Goleij. and after lots of talks MJ Ebrahimi didn't change his weight, which means he lost his chance for the Olympics.

125kg: I think Hadi vs Mohebbi is the highlight of the competition in this weight, they will meet in semifinal. interestingly Abbas Foroutan is listed here and not at 97kg. he is in other side of the draw alongside Taheri and Sadeghzadeh.

I cannot access the document that you posted

1. which other country is attending?
  2. Karimi not moving up to 97 is absurd,  How could he possibly not be interested in the olympics?
  3. Very intrigued to see how Reza Yazdani will do. Frankly, the level of his competition is not relevant, it's his conditioning and status of injuries that I want to see
  4. Similarly, I am very interested to see what kind of form Hadi is in

1 minute ago, irani said:

I cannot access the document that you posted

1. which other country is attending?
  2. Karimi not moving up to 97 is absurd,  How could he possibly not be interested in the olympics?

Armenia

and as shiraz123 said Karimi is injured and even if he wasn't injured he was exempt from the Takhti Cup

I wrote it before , but once again these guys are exempt, Atri, Ehsanpour, Emami, H. Yazdani, Karimi plus Zare and Mohammadian. for anybody else this is the list chance.

Takhti Cup semifinals are set

57kg: Alireza Sarlak vs Majid Dastan /// Erfan Jafarian vs Arsen Harutyunyan (ARM)

65kg: Kheirollah Ghahremani vs Abolfazl Hajipour /// Amir Hossein Maghsoudi  vs Meisam Nassiri

79kg: Babak Safari vs Ali Savadkouhi /// Hamid Reza Zarinpeykar vs Amir Hossein Kavousi

97kg: Javad Nazari vs Danial Shariatinia /// Mojtaba Goleij vs Esmaeil Nejatian

125kg: Yadollah Mohebbi vs Parviz Hadi /// Abbas Foroutan vs Amin Taheri

important results. Nasiri beat Biabani 3-2 and then A.M. Yazdani 14-13 ! (Yazdani had beaten Sadeghi 5-0 earlier) Maghsoudi beat Ghiasi and then Mehran Nassiri 2-0

also in an early final at 97kg, Goleij beat Shaabani 6-4.

1 hour ago, Shiraz123 said:

Oh my god lol we are so bad. Nasiri is making his way through the bracket and I am not even surprised. I thought he retired after 2017 from international? 

yes he did but that was in Khadem era !

and Nasiri just beat Maghsoudi 6-5 ! by beating all favorites Biabani, Yazdani and Maghsoudi (all of them by just 1 point) he is in good situation now, pretty impressive for a last minute entry. he didn't wrestle at 65kg for a long time. if he wins the gold tomorrow which I believe he will, Ehsanpour is probably the last obstacle for him.