wrestfan

Iran Wrestling News

27 minutes ago, Shiraz123 said:

125kg has been qualified for Iran. The Syrian on Mohebi's side of the bracket failed his drug test.

And I was impressed by him getting to the bronze medal match while giving out a lot of size, it was like watching a 86 kg guy against those monsters, I was even rooting for him against Khotsianivskyi, representing a suffering country, bring a little of joy to them. Gladly he didn't win, what a cheater.

Khasanboy, that one who beat Gable Steveson in Junior Worlds, was also caught.

4 minutes ago, Axe_Spartan said:

And I was impressed by him getting to the bronze medal match while giving out a lot of size, it was like watching a 86 kg guy against those monsters, I was even rooting for him against Khotsianivskyi, representing a suffering country, bring a little of joy to them. Gladly he didn't win, what a cheater.

Khasanboy, that one who beat Gable Steveson in Junior Worlds, was also caught.

where do you watch it?

3 minutes ago, Shiraz123 said:

Hand over the third place team trophy USA Wrestling. 

Let's wait a few weeks, I want the results of Kazakhstan results to come back, Iran might end up second, and US can keep their third place trophy :) 

Just now, Shiraz123 said:

That's it for the results I believe.  I demand that USA Wrestling forfeits the third place trophy immediately. 

Given the excellent relationship between the two governments, I am sure the US is very eager for a nice gesture of friendship.  I trust the trophy is at DHL as we speak :)

57kg has a good level of competition for Sarlak - e.g. Takahashi, Ravi, Sanayev. This Maghsoudi at 65kg is the juniors guy right? Good level of competition here for him too. Imagine if Bazri beats Punia, 86kg is so weak. Goleij and Hadi have to win in their weight classes.

7 hours ago, The Genius said:

57kg has a good level of competition for Sarlak - e.g. Takahashi, Ravi, Sanayev. This Maghsoudi at 65kg is the juniors guy right? Good level of competition here for him too. Imagine if Bazri beats Punia, 86kg is so weak. Goleij and Hadi have to win in their weight classes.

Yes Maghsoudi is the junior world champion. And Bazri should beat Punia. 

1 hour ago, window12 said:

Does the Asian Championships have any bearing on Olympic qualifications?

No

2 hours ago, Shiraz123 said:

Yes Maghsoudi is the junior world champion.

I have seen Maghsoudi wrestle in real life when he was cadet. I also followed him in juniors. Magsoudi doesnt have enough attributes to be Irans best guy. I personally like Amir Yazdani wrestling. What is he doing now? I belive in near future he will show him self. Magsoudi is very big that means he is not staying for long in 65.

5 minutes ago, Grimo said:

I have seen Maghsoudi wrestle in real life when he was cadet. I also followed him in juniors. Magsoudi doesnt have enough attributes to be Irans best guy. I personally like Amir Yazdani wrestling. What is he doing now? I belive in near future he will show him self. Magsoudi is very big that means he is not staying for long in 65.

Amir Mohammad Yazdani lost to Meisam Nasiri and later to Maghsoudi and finished 5th in Takhti Cup. they didn't invite him to the national camp which means he is probably done for this year

36 minutes ago, Grimo said:

Maybe you are right but a wrestler does not need to be anything special to be Iran's best wrestler at 65kg right now. I wonder if they will even qualify the weight.

I kind of think today was the worst version of Maghsoudi. Iran is really in trouble to find someone to even qualify the weight in Asia. (and I know top 4 wrestlers in Asia are already qualified)

nobody impressed me today, Savadkouhi could win the gold if he wasn't a coward. the rest got expected results. let's see what Hosseinkhani can do tomorrow. I think Bazri, Ebrahimi and Hadi will win the gold relatively easily.

9 minutes ago, wrestfan said:

I kind of think today was the worst version of Maghsoudi. Iran is really in trouble to find someone to even qualify the weight in Asia. (and I know top 4 wrestlers in Asia are already qualified)

nobody impressed me today, Savadkouhi could win the gold if he wasn't a coward. the rest got expected results. let's see what Hosseinkhani can do tomorrow. I think Bazri, Ebrahimi and Hadi will win the gold relatively easily.

When is the last time Iran did not qualify for all weights in Freestyle Olympics?

1 minute ago, irani said:

When is the last time Iran did not qualify for all weights in Freestyle Olympics?

1996 when Nader Rahmati failed the weight-in. if I'm not wrong at the time it was only 1 qualification tournament (Asian Champs) and Rahmati was overweight. if I'm not wrong in the whole history that was the only time Iran didn't qualify a full freestyle team. I have to check my archive to be sure but that's what I remember right now

ps: keep in mind that before 1988 there was no qualification, everybody could participate.

Maghsoudi was very weak. Most somewhat good wrestlers can score on Bajrang before his cardio takes over the match. Maghsoudi wasn't even close. And the final definitely confirmed to me that right now Bajrang is among the most overrated wrestlers in the world. He is good but no chance for gold, in 2019 worlds if he was on the other side of the bracket he would not have won a medal. He needs another good draw for bronze or silver. Otoguro had him completely figured out. 

1 hour ago, Shiraz123 said:

Catastrophe for hadi as he is pinned by kazakhstan

I think it’s a big chance for Zare. I wouldn’t be surprised if he is celebrating right now. Hadi is unstable as a wrestler. Can beat anyone and loose to anybody. That’s a sign of medium class wrestler. 

2 hours ago, Grimo said:

I think it’s a big chance for Zare. I wouldn’t be surprised if he is celebrating right now. Hadi is unstable as a wrestler. Can beat anyone and loose to anybody. That’s a sign of medium class wrestler. 

Agreed, I would prefer Zare for the Olympics.