wrestfan

Iran Wrestling News

https://www.instagram.com/clipkoshti/channel/

This guy has some interesting longer interviews with some current and past wrestlers (Talei, , Mohammadian, Zare and more) on his page. I only saw the Goleij and Talei ones so far, thought it would be interesting if you ever want something to watch. I'll just say don't watch the Goleij one lol because the connection is terrible they are mostly just asking if they can hear each other for 1 hour. Talei one was good, though. 

Edited by Shiraz123

some sports federations in Iran (including wrestling) received the green light from the government to resume their activities, for wrestling it means they can invite the limited number of wrestlers for the national camp.

but still no permission to start the wrestling league, IAWF insists on having the league this summer , they even had the draw ceremony and most teams already signed their wrestlers, and they have to wait for the permission. ...

1 hour ago, wrestfan said:

some sports federations in Iran (including wrestling) received the green light from the government to resume their activities, for wrestling it means they can invite the limited number of wrestlers for the national camp.

but still no permission to start the wrestling league, IAWF insists on having the league this summer , they even had the draw ceremony and most teams already signed their wrestlers, and they have to wait for the permission. ...

Do you know you many wrestlers can come? For example if the numbers are so limited they have to go 2 a weight or something it could lead to drama at some weights. 

2 hours ago, Shiraz123 said:

Do you know you many wrestlers can come? For example if the numbers are so limited they have to go 2 a weight or something it could lead to drama at some weights. 

the official statement was "the limited number of athletes" I don't know what that means but I assume it's not more than 2 per weight. or maybe none in none-Olympic weights and more than 2 in the rest.

36 minutes ago, irani said:

So, has Bana resigned or not?

that was something via SMS and whatsapp ! not a proper resignation, he was in the federation today talking about the plans with Dabir and Sourian. so apparently he is back.

btw he considers Sourian as his own son, this time there is always someone to solve the problems. apparently Dabir gave Sourian unlimited power to manage the Greco teams.

5 minutes ago, Shiraz123 said:

When are they going to start training again? 

they were told by Lalovic that UWW will take the final decision about the 2020 Worlds in 2 weeks. they will decide about the training camp after that. Bana was upset because he thinks this is already too late and we are losing time.

their newest plan is to start the league in 17 days ! it won't he home and away this time.

in middle of the pandemic, the Iranian wrestling league will start next Tuesday 29 September , this is their poster !

71-3a49914f-00ac-4685-a981-3def192f610a.

it won't be home and away, but some kind of a tournament in one venue and in 2 days, there will be a second round another time (depends on UWW calendar) in Greco there will be 10 teams in 2 groups of 5. one group will be held in Tehran on 29-30 September and the other group will be in Sanandaj 2 weeks later.

in freestyle, surprisingly there are just 6 teams ! 2 groups of 3, both groups in Tehran, one of them 1-2 October, and the other one 6-7 October.

in freestyle with only 2 duals for each team, I assume most of top wrestlers will show up just once. but still it's better than nothing after 7 months ! lol still I can't understand how come more teams were interested in Greco !

another news, Reza Yazdani will coach one of those clubs, but he claims that doesn't mean he is retired ! he still thinks he has a chance for the 2021 Olympics

5 hours ago, wrestfan said:

in middle of the pandemic, the Iranian wrestling league will start next Tuesday 29 September , this is their poster !

71-3a49914f-00ac-4685-a981-3def192f610a.

it won't be home and away, but some kind of a tournament in one venue and in 2 days, there will be a second round another time (depends on UWW calendar) in Greco there will be 10 teams in 2 groups of 5. one group will be held in Tehran on 29-30 September and the other group will be in Sanandaj 2 weeks later.

in freestyle, surprisingly there are just 6 teams ! 2 groups of 3, both groups in Tehran, one of them 1-2 October, and the other one 6-7 October.

in freestyle with only 2 duals for each team, I assume most of top wrestlers will show up just once. but still it's better than nothing after 7 months ! lol still I can't understand how come more teams were interested in Greco !

another news, Reza Yazdani will coach one of those clubs, but he claims that doesn't mean he is retired ! he still thinks he has a chance for the 2021 Olympics

Is the  FS team with all the good wrestlers going to wrestle on the 1st and 2nd of October?

Edited by Shiraz123

37 minutes ago, Jon_Kozak said:

Any updates on results from wrestling that's happened so far?

nothing interesting so far, it was mostly like a dual between Russia and Zimbabwe with lots of one sided matches.

you can see a bit from the first session here, but except Peyman Biabani (65kg) none of them has any international success in senior level. relatively unknown wrestlers.

https://www.telewebion.com/episode/2382282

11 minutes ago, wrestfan said:

nothing interesting so far, it was mostly like a dual between Russia and Zimbabwe with lots of one sided matches.

you can see a bit from the first session here, but except Peyman Biabani (65kg) none of them has any international success in senior level. relatively unknown wrestlers.

https://www.telewebion.com/episode/2382282

Is that Amouzad in the video the 2 time cadet world champion? I know he has a few brothers and they all have the exact same face lol. 

Edited by Shiraz123

3 minutes ago, Shiraz123 said:

Is that Amouzad in the video the 2 time cadet world champion? I know he has a few brothers and they all have the exact same face lol. 

Ok it seems it is after I remembered to just turn on the sound and listen to the commentator. Interesting that he is already at 61kg when he was wrestling 48kg last year.

Edited by Shiraz123