wrestfan

Iran Wrestling News

I also found some results here:

https://www.isna.ir/news/99071007719/برد-استقلال-و-دانشگاه-آزاد-در-لیگ-کشتی-شکست-دور-از-انتظار-نجاتیان

The individual results of these meetings are as follows:

Esteghlal Tehran 7- Martyrs of Zanjan 3 (the names of Esteghlal team are mentioned first):

57 kg: Nader Haj Aghania, winner 10- Mohammad Kaboli Zero
61 kg: Erfan Jafarian, winner 10- Younes Sarmasti Zero
65 kg: Amir Mohammad Yazdani, winner 12- Mohammad Kazem Khodabandeh Lou 2
70 kg: Ali Ismailpour 2- Meysandeh Haid 2
74 kg: Jamal Ebadi, winner 2- Reza Moghtader 1
79 kg: Hamidreza Zarrin Peykar, winner 10- Ali Shafizad Safar
86 kg: Sajjad Gholami 2- Alireza Saberian, winner 4
92 kg: Amir Mohammadi, winner 3- Masoud Madadi 2
97 kg: Ismail Nejatian 2 - Abazar Eslami, winner 2
125 kg: Abbas Forootan, winner 5 - Naeem Hassanzadeh Safar

Islamic Azad University 10- Iran Carpet Company Zero
57 kg: Erfan Aini, winner 10- Milad Naderi zero
61 kg: Rahman Amouzad Khalili, winner 12- Ehsan Ranjbar 2
65 kg: Peyman Biyabani , winner 10- Ismail Nazerian zero
70 kg: Mojtaba Amouzad Khalili, winner 12- Hossein Ranjbar 1
74 kg: Mohammad Sadegh Firoozpour, winner 10 - Mohammad Maholati Zero
79 kg: Morteza Mirzaei, winner 12- Arash Mohammadi Zero
86 kg: Amir Hossein Firoozpour, winner 10- Amir Reza Mojavari
9: Jalali Nejad, winner 12- Daniel Khorami Safar
97 kg: Meysam Abdi, winner 12- Pouria Ghodrati 1
125 kg: Sajjad Azizi, winner 10- Mohammad Reza Hosseinpour Safar

2 minutes ago, Shiraz123 said:

Is that Amouzad in the video the 2 time cadet world champion? I know he has a few brothers and they all have the exact same face lol. 

the commentator calls him Rahman Amouzad but IAWF news section mentions him as Mojtaba Amouzad, 2014 World Cadet bronze medalist. I think we can trust IAWF website more.

btw that other team was just added to the league few days ago and all of them got teched to lose the dual 10-0 !

4 minutes ago, wrestfan said:

the commentator calls him Rahman Amouzad but IAWF news section mentions him as Mojtaba Amouzad, 2014 World Cadet bronze medalist. I think we can trust IAWF website more.

btw that other team was just added to the league few days ago and all of them got teched to lose the dual 10-0 !

Yeah I don't know. He wrestles like him but that is a big weight jump. The other cadet champ Firouzpour also wrestled here. 

Edited by Shiraz123

16 minutes ago, wrestfan said:

Are you sure Mojtaba is not the 70kg guy? 

the second session was a bit better, Amir Mohammad Yazdani won a controversial match against Farzad Amouzad, we also saw Younes Emami in action.

(57 to 79kg)

https://www.telewebion.com/episode/2382494

no coverage for 86kg and 92kg before they switch to another channel, 97kg and 125kg from the first dual and also the next dual which was against unknown wrestlers. Foroutan-Taheri at 125kg was interesting. Foroutan still looks very small for this weight

https://www.telewebion.com/episode/2382559

2 hours ago, wrestfan said:

the second session was a bit better, Amir Mohammad Yazdani won a controversial match against Farzad Amouzad, we also saw Younes Emami in action.

(57 to 79kg)

https://www.telewebion.com/episode/2382494

no coverage for 86kg and 92kg before they switch to another channel, 97kg and 125kg from the first dual and also the next dual which was against unknown wrestlers. Foroutan-Taheri at 125kg was interesting. Foroutan still looks very small for this weight

https://www.telewebion.com/episode/2382559

Foroutan looks like he just got fat, lol. His stomach is coming out of his singlet. But it seems he changed his style a bit, probably because he is not as physically strong compared to other HW wrestlers. 

Taheri really did nothing the whole match aside from the 1 pushout.

1 minute ago, Shiraz123 said:

Foroutan looks like he just got fat, lol. His stomach is coming out of his singlet. But it seems he changed his style a bit, probably because he is not as physically strong compared to other HW wrestlers. 

Taheri really did nothing the whole match aside from the 1 pushout.

Taheri is just big and strong, he usually waits for the opponent's mistakes, a bit similar to Mohebbi.

but I wonder if Foroutan has a future in this weight, I mean considering Zare and other guys here. he is talented for sure but I think he could do better with some better advises regarding his career.

10 hours ago, wrestfan said:

Taheri is just big and strong, he usually waits for the opponent's mistakes, a bit similar to Mohebbi.

but I wonder if Foroutan has a future in this weight, I mean considering Zare and other guys here. he is talented for sure but I think he could do better with some better advises regarding his career.

The only thing we can know for sure and is guaranteed Zare will win 3/4 olympic golds and around 8 world golds. I'm not sure where Foroutan can fit here.

17 hours ago, wrestfan said:

is he just too big to stay in 97 Kg?

5 minutes ago, irani said:

is he just too big to stay in 97 Kg?

He can lose weight and go back to 97. He is tall but is carrying a lot of fat. You can watch the video of his match with Taheri. I don't think he has much chance to make the team at either weight, so maybe he should go to junior worlds at 125 if they have junior worlds this year.

Then he can win a third junior world gold and he would have junior world golds at 92, 97 and 125. 

8 hours ago, Shiraz123 said:

He can lose weight and go back to 97. He is tall but is carrying a lot of fat. You can watch the video of his match with Taheri. I don't think he has much chance to make the team at either weight, so maybe he should go to junior worlds at 125 if they have junior worlds this year.

Then he can win a third junior world gold and he would have junior world golds at 92, 97 and 125. 

Looking at him, I think if he had a good conditioning coach and a good nutrionist, he could lost 10 kg of  fat, and add 10 Kg of muscle, and be more competetive at 125 kg

since things are getting worse and worse in Iran regarding the pandemic, Tehran will be quarantined for a week, I assume that means they are going to postpone the league matches. (Group B) we were supposed to see Yazdani and his team in action in few days.

5 hours ago, Shiraz123 said:

Is there any interesting matches this week or is everyone good on the Iran Mall team?

almost everyone, but Ghaemshahr team also has some notable names,  Ezzatollah Akbari, Bahman Teymouri, Ali Shaabani.

both H. Yazdani and Ghasempour registered to wrestle today and tomorrow but they won't face each other since they are both in the same club !!! there were 3 teams in the original schedule in this group, but now it's 5. those new two teams are very weak but at least you can see some familiar names in PAS and Ghaemshahr teams.

1 hour ago, wrestfan said:

almost everyone, but Ghaemshahr team also has some notable names,  Ezzatollah Akbari, Bahman Teymouri, Ali Shaabani.

both H. Yazdani and Ghasempour registered to wrestle today and tomorrow but they won't face each other since they are both in the same club !!! there were 3 teams in the original schedule in this group, but now it's 5. those new two teams are very weak but at least you can see some familiar names in PAS and Ghaemshahr teams.

Do you know why this Iran mall team bought basically every good wrestler? Is winning the Iranian wrestling league with 0 fans in the arena  watching and the dual today not even televised that important? 

7 minutes ago, Shiraz123 said:

Do you know why this Iran mall team bought basically every good wrestler? Is winning the Iranian wrestling league with 0 fans in the arena  watching and the dual today not even televised that important? 

I really don't know. it seems they just have unlimited budget so they sign all big names to gather more attentions. it's not really about winning the league.

that was quite a battle ! I wonder if Zare gassed in the 2nd period or he just didn't want to take a risk while leading 4-0. first period was one-sided. I didn't expect Zare to push out Mohebbi like this. I think it's fair to say Zare is clearly #1 in Iran right now. even though he still has to beat Hadi to prove it.

I will post full results from this dual + videos but Mohammadian also beat Shaabani 3-3 somehow luckily, Shabani could win the match if it wasn't for his own mistake. Hassan Yazdani also destroyed his young opponent.

Just now, wrestfan said:

that was quite a battle ! I wonder if Zare gassed in the 2nd period or he just didn't want to take a risk while leading 4-0. first period was one-sided. I didn't expect Zare to push out Mohebbi like this. I think it's fair to say Zare is clearly #1 in Iran right now. even though he still has to beat Hadi to prove it.

I will post full results from this dual + videos but Mohammadian also beat Shaabani 3-3 somehow luckily, Shabani could win the match if it wasn't for his own mistake. Hassan Yazdani also destroyed his young opponent.

I cannot wait for the videos.

Zare beat Mohebi kind of easily. It will be interesting if the team with Amouzad wrestles the Iran mall team. A lot of people are talking about Amouzad, he beat an unknown wrestler and Sarmasti very easily but Sarmasti is a finished wrestler. Could he beat Sadeghi just coming out of cadets? lol. 

18 minutes ago, irani said:

I cannot wait for the videos.

It wasn't much to watch to be honest. In the Mohammadian Shabani match nothing happened until the last minute and Zare pushed Mohebi out 3 times in the first period and got a shot clock point and that was it.  

This is Hassan's match against the other Karimi where he wrestled as expected against a very weak wrestler. 

here is the dual result

Iran-Mall 10-0 Ghaemshahr

Alireza Sarlak 4-3 Reza Alijanzadeh
Majid Dastan 7-2 (fall) Danial Hojjati
Amir Hossein Maghsoudi 7-1 Mehran Nassiri
Amir Hossein Hosseini 7-4 Mehrshad Akbari
Mostafa Hosseinkhani 4-0 Nima Eshfaghi
Peyman Yarahmadi 3-1 Bahman Teymouri
Hassan Yazdani 13-0 Alireza Karimi
Mohammad Javad Ebrahimi 7-0 Arashk Mohebbi
Mohammad Hossein Mohammadian 3-3 Ali Shaabani
Amir Hossein Zare 4-0 Yadollah Mohebbi