wrestfan

Iran Wrestling News

4 minutes ago, Shiraz123 said:

Is Atri wrestling in the league?

he also signed with that Iran-Mall club. they used two different wrestlers in 2 duals today, maybe we will see him tomorrow

per rules, each team can sign only 3 national team members (last year world team members) they have Atri, Ehsanpour and H. Yazdani

Just now, wrestfan said:

he also signed with that Iran-Mall club. they used two different wrestlers in 2 duals today, maybe we will see him tomorrow

per rules, each team can sign only 3 national team members (last year world team members) they have Atri, Ehsanpour and H. Yazdani

Ok I see. Do you know if Ehsanpour is at 61 or 65?

Iran-Mall club finished the first round of the league by winning all 4 duals, even though they dropped 4 matches in the second day , it was 8-2 twice today, Atri and Ehsanpour didn't show up,

interestingly Amir Hossein Maghsoudi lost to an unknown guy. Zare and Ghasempour won twice today, Yazdani didn't wrestle anymore.

45 minutes ago, wrestfan said:

Iran-Mall club finished the first round of the league by winning all 4 duals, even though they dropped 4 matches in the second day , it was 8-2 twice today, Atri and Ehsanpour didn't show up,

interestingly Amir Hossein Maghsoudi lost to an unknown guy. Zare and Ghasempour won twice today, Yazdani didn't wrestle anymore.

Does it continue next week? 

2 hours ago, Shiraz123 said:

Does it continue next week? 

no, the format is different this year, just two rounds (instead of home and away) plus the final four , we saw the first round. there will be another round in near future but they will announce the schedule after UWW's decision about the 2020 Worlds.

IF UWW decides to host the 2020 Worlds in Serbia, they will postpone the rest of the league and will invite few wrestlers to the national camp.

so UWW claims we will have the World Seniors this year.  I think Iran Wrestling didn't expect this, most of Iranian top wrestlers are not much prepared but Iran will send a team for sure and most probably the best available team. since there is no time for trials/etc they will just pick up the team based on the previous year results (and will keep League results in mind too) so I wonder how the Iranian team will look like

57, is Atri alive ? if not who else ?

61, where is Ehsanpour? already moved to 65kg? I'm sure so many people will ask the coach to try Rahman Amouzad here.

65, A.M. Yazdani and Maghsoudi both failed to impress in the league. still I think one of them will go to Serbia

70, with Emami moving up to 74kg, who is left in this weight ? Amir Hossein Hosseini ? oh please no

74, Emami ? Hosseinkhani ? most probably one of them

79, Yarahmadi beat Teymouri (last year world team member) in the league, so I guess he has the upper hand.

86, I don't think Hassan is in a good shape, maybe they send Ghasempour this time ? I still think it will be Yazdani himself

92, with Karimi still recovering from his surgery, I see no problem for Ebrahimi to finally wrestle in the worlds.

97, I think only Mohammadian and Shaabani are available right now and they already wrestled in the league

125, it will be Zare even though I wonder what Hadi is doing

9 hours ago, wrestfan said:

so UWW claims we will have the World Seniors this year.  I think Iran Wrestling didn't expect this, most of Iranian top wrestlers are not much prepared but Iran will send a team for sure and most probably the best available team. since there is no time for trials/etc they will just pick up the team based on the previous year results (and will keep League results in mind too) so I wonder how the Iranian team will look like

57, is Atri alive ? if not who else ?

61, where is Ehsanpour? already moved to 65kg? I'm sure so many people will ask the coach to try Rahman Amouzad here.

65, A.M. Yazdani and Maghsoudi both failed to impress in the league. still I think one of them will go to Serbia

70, with Emami moving up to 74kg, who is left in this weight ? Amir Hossein Hosseini ? oh please no

74, Emami ? Hosseinkhani ? most probably one of them

79, Yarahmadi beat Teymouri (last year world team member) in the league, so I guess he has the upper hand.

86, I don't think Hassan is in a good shape, maybe they send Ghasempour this time ? I still think it will be Yazdani himself

92, with Karimi still recovering from his surgery, I see no problem for Ebrahimi to finally wrestle in the worlds.

97, I think only Mohammadian and Shaabani are available right now and they already wrestled in the league

125, it will be Zare even though I wonder what Hadi is doing

Interesting that in the list they just published for wrestlers invited to the training camp they have Emami as  a 70kg wrestler and Ehsanpour as a 61. Amouzad is listed as a 57.

27 minutes ago, Shiraz123 said:

Interesting that in the list they just published for wrestlers invited to the training camp they have Emami as  a 70kg wrestler and Ehsanpour as a 61. Amouzad is listed as a 57.

yes I just saw the list, which is weird and somehow stupid if those guys really want to move up weight for the Olympics. let me write the whole list for the others who can't read Persian

based on this list it seems Ehsanpour and Hosseinkhani are already "selected" (unless someone changes weight), interesting that Meisam Nasiri is invited again, he said some negative things about the coach. Karimi is in the list too, I wonder if he is recovered ?!

57, Atri, Sarlak, Amouzad
61, Ehsanpour, Dastan
65, Yazdani, Maghsoudi, Nasiri, Biabani
70, Emami, Hosseini, Elahi
74, Hosseinkhani, Firouzpour
79, Teymouri, Yarahmadi, Savadkouhi
86, Yazdani, Ghasempour, Bazri
92, Karimi, Ebrahimi
97, Mohammadian, Goleij, Shabani
125, Hadi, Zare, Mohebbi, Foroutan

* there is a note in bottom of the list about Reza Yazdani! he is invited to "talk" with the coach, then they will decide about inviting him to the camp or not!

and this is also interesting that Mehdi Taghavi is in the list too but as a coach!

Edited by wrestfan

10 hours ago, wrestfan said:

Karimi is in the list too, I wonder if he is recovered ?!

Based on the video they posted of him training a month or two ago, I would say he is recovered

I believe Karimi is mostly focusing on physical training recently and hasn't done much actual wrestling. Ebrahimi looked good in the league so I would either just send him or have him wrestle Karimi if Karimi wants a trial as he is the medalist from 2019 worlds. 

as much as I don't like Ebrahimi, I think he deserves it this year, it's better for Karimi to focus on his recovery.

just watched a short interview with Ehsanpour, he claims he had his training and he is relatively ready, and when he was asked about 61kg or 65kg , he said "whatever coaches decide" ! it's probably the same for Emami.

to be honest I don't think Ehsanpour has a chance for 65kg, so maybe it's better for him to focus on 61kg and win a world medal. but Emami has a real chance for the Olympics, sending him back to 70kg is a mistake.

there will be some trials on 22 October at least in 3 weights

65, Amir Hossein Maghsoudi, Amir Mohammad Yazdani, Peyman Biabani, Meysam Nasiri, Shayan Hamzeh, Morteza Ghiasi

74, Mostafa Hosseinkhani, Saeid Dadashpour, Jamal Ebadi, Masoud Kamarvand, Sadegh Firouzpour

79, Peyman Yarahmadi, Ali Savadkouhi, Bahman Teymouri, Hamidreza Zarinpeykar

they also said having trials in other weights is still possible too

1 hour ago, wrestfan said:

there will be some trials on 22 October at least in 3 weights

65, Amir Hossein Maghsoudi, Amir Mohammad Yazdani, Peyman Biabani, Meysam Nasiri, Shayan Hamzeh, Morteza Ghiasi

74, Mostafa Hosseinkhani, Saeid Dadashpour, Jamal Ebadi, Masoud Kamarvand, Sadegh Firouzpour

79, Peyman Yarahmadi, Ali Savadkouhi, Bahman Teymouri, Hamidreza Zarinpeykar

they also said having trials in other weights is still possible too

wooow Emami seriously went back to 70kg. 

they also called up 28 wrestlers for the Greco camp. no Abdevali this time, not Saeid, not his brothers

55, Nasserpour, Dadmarz, Abbaspour
60, Nejati, Mohsennejad
63, Dalkhani, Mardi
67, Asadi, Rezaei, Sohrabi
72, Reza Geraei, Saadatifar, Arsalan
77, Ali Geraei, Poshtam, Kavianinejad
82, Ebrahimi, Esmaeili, Naghousi
87, Taheri, Nouri, Alizadeh
97, Saravi, Aliyari, Bali
130, Ghasemi-Monjazi, Mirzazadeh, Yousefi

11 hours ago, irani said:

So, they have decided they can select the 125 FS representative without any matches?  Really?

I assume it will be Zare, who else could they possibly select?

https://www.khabarvarzeshi.com/news/279010/اولویت-با-کیست-هادی-محبی-زارع-یا-فروتن

you shouldn't really trust some of Iranian journalists, the whole article is nonsense, they said there will be "some kind of trials" for all 10 weights. but 65, 74 and 79 will have their trials earlier because there are lots of candidates (more or less in the same level) in these 3 weights and because of COVID they want to reduce the number of wrestlers in the camp.

65kg and 79kg are already started today, (without any camera!!!) they postponed 74kg trials because apparently one of the wrestlers tested positive for COVID.

Lol yesterday they said they would stream it live on instagram, seems Mohammadi decided otherwise. Very stupid, bad for the sport. Need to promote the sport. Iran federation in general is very stupid with this kind of thing. Probably one of the worst federations actually. 

7 minutes ago, Shiraz123 said:

Lol yesterday they said they would stream it live on instagram, seems Mohammadi decided otherwise. Very stupid, bad for the sport. Need to promote the sport. Iran federation in general is very stupid with this kind of thing. Probably one of the worst federations actually. 

yes I read that too. what's amazing is we still don't even know the format, probably double elimination ?!? or round robin ?

btw I'm sure you know the results but for the others, Savadkouhi and Zarinpeykar surprisingly both beat Yarahmadi and Teymouri, so their matchup will be a final in any format !

at 65kg, Nasiri beat Maghsoudi and Biabani and he is probably the top favorite now. AM Yazdani is also still undefeated after two rounds. had a narrow 6-6 win over Ghiasi.

it was a double elimination format after all, Amir Mohammad Yazdani and Ali Savadkouhi won the trials and will represent Iran at the Worlds (if it happens)

complete results

65kg:

R1: Nasiri 9-0 Maghsoudi / Ghiasi 12-5 Hamzeh / Yazdani 3-1 Biabani
R2: Nasiri 3-1 Biabani / Maghsoudi 11-10 Hamzeh / Yazdani 6-6 Ghiasi / (Hamzeh and Biabani OUT)
R3: Ghiasi 11-0 Maghsoudi / Yazdani 7-4 Nasiri / (Maghsoudi OUT)
R4: Ghiasi walkover Nasiri / Yazdani Bye / (Nasiri OUT)

Final Ranking: 1. Yazdani, 2. Ghiasi, 3. Nasiri, 4. Maghsoudi, 5. Hamzeh, 6. Biabani

79kg:

R1: Zarinpeykar 2-2 Yarahmadi / Savadkouhi 3-0 Teymouri
R2: Savadkouhi 4-2 Yarahmadi / Zarinpeykar 11-6 Teymouri / (Teymouri and Yarahmadi OUT)
R3: Savadkouhi 5-4 Zarinpeykar

Final Ranking: 1. Savadkouhi, 2. Zarinpeykar, 3. Yarahmadi, 4. Teymouri

Maybe Savadkouhi can win a medal because he is probably going to be in a weak weight. Yazdani has no chance but none of them did. Maghsoudi's junior world gold is an obvious fluke looking back but even then you could see the Azeri wrestler was 10 times better than him lol.