wrestfan

Iran Wrestling News

4 hours ago, wrestfan said:

it was a double elimination format after all, Amir Mohammad Yazdani and Ali Savadkouhi won the trials and will represent Iran at the Worlds (if it happens)

complete results

65kg:

R1: Nasiri 9-0 Maghsoudi / Ghiasi 12-5 Hamzeh / Yazdani 3-1 Biabani
R2: Nasiri 3-1 Biabani / Maghsoudi 11-10 Hamzeh / Yazdani 6-6 Ghiasi / (Hamzeh and Biabani OUT)
R3: Ghiasi 11-0 Maghsoudi / Yazdani 7-4 Nasiri / (Maghsoudi OUT)
R4: Ghiasi walkover Nasiri / Yazdani Bye / (Nasiri OUT)

Final Ranking: 1. Yazdani, 2. Ghiasi, 3. Nasiri, 4. Maghsoudi, 5. Hamzeh, 6. Biabani

79kg:

R1: Zarinpeykar 2-2 Yarahmadi / Savadkouhi 3-0 Teymouri
R2: Savadkouhi 4-2 Yarahmadi / Zarinpeykar 11-6 Teymouri / (Teymouri and Yarahmadi OUT)
R3: Savadkouhi 5-4 Zarinpeykar

Final Ranking: 1. Savadkouhi, 2. Zarinpeykar, 3. Yarahmadi, 4. Teymouri

amazing how far Teymouri has fallen

1 hour ago, irani said:

I guess now they are going to have matches in every weight class to decide who goes to Serbia?

https://www.khabarvarzeshi.com/news/279229/انتخابی-تیم-ملی-کشتی-آزاد-در-همه-اوزان

Yes, they announced it a few days ago. It will be interesting who they allow to wrestle in each weight. I thought it would be just the guys invited to the training camp in each weight wrestling but some of the guys who wrestled in the trial at 65 were not invited but still took part. They still have not announced the date or the wrestlers. 

57 - Atri, Sarlak and Amouzad are listed in the camp. Not sure if Amouzad is a 57kg wrestler as he wrestled at 61 in the league with a weight allowance. 

61 - Ehsanpour and Dastan? 

70 - Younes Emami and who? The Elahi guy who just came from cadets? 

86 - Yazdani and Ghasempour?

92 - Ebrahimi vs who? Karimi already said he will not try and make the team this year due to his injury. Ebrahimi just beat Mohebi easily in the league, do they do that match again? Maybe have him wrestle Shabazi? I believe Bazri wrestled here in the league, so maybe he will be involved. It could be Ebrahim, Shabazi, Mohebi and Bazri maybe. 

97 - Goleij, Mohammadian and Shabani maybe? Need someone else to make it 4, Yazdani won't be there but maybe i'm forgetting a name.

125 - Zare, Hadi, Foroutan and Mohebi?

4 minutes ago, Shiraz123 said:

Yes, they announced it a few days ago. It will be interesting who they allow to wrestle in each weight. I thought it would be just the guys invited to the training camp in each weight wrestling but some of the guys who wrestled in the trial at 65 were not invited but still took part. They still have not announced the date or the wrestlers. 

57 - Atri, Sarlak and Amouzad are listed in the camp. Not sure if Amouzad is a 57kg wrestler as he wrestled at 61 in the league with a weight allowance. 

61 - Ehsanpour and Dastan? 

70 - Younes Emami and who? The Elahi guy who just came from cadets? 

86 - Yazdani and Ghasempour?

92 - Ebrahimi vs who? Karimi already said he will not try and make the team this year due to his injury. Ebrahimi just beat Mohebi easily in the league, do they do that match again? Maybe have him wrestle Shabazi? I believe Bazri wrestled here in the league, so maybe he will be involved. It could be Ebrahim, Shabazi, Mohebi and Bazri maybe. 

97 - Goleij, Mohammadian and Shabani maybe? Need someone else to make it 4, Yazdani won't be there but maybe i'm forgetting a name.

125 - Zare, Hadi, Foroutan and Mohebi?

so bottomline, we should Medal in 86, 97 and 125, and perhaps hae a shot at the non olympic weights due to lower level of competition

2 minutes ago, irani said:

so bottomline, we should Medal in 86, 97 and 125, and perhaps hae a shot at the non olympic weights due to lower level of competition

Ebrahimi should win a gold at 92. If he can't do that then it's a bit embarrassing after all this time he was complaining about Karimi going. The Russian at this weight will be the same wrestler Karimi beat extremely easily last time. Whoever goes at 86 just has Kurugliev. 

Some of the other faces are kind of new so it is hard to make a prediction on how they will do. I think we should get minimum 2 golds, if Zare goes  at HW will be very interesting. 

3 hours ago, Shiraz123 said:

While I agree with Dabir in this case , the way he talks about his freestyle head coach is disrespectful. he is Mohammadi's boss after all, if he really wanted to broadcast the trials, he would found a way.

I really think he wants Mohammadi to resign himself.  he knows if he talks like that about Bana, he will leave his job in a minute. but he likes Bana, obviously he doesn't feel the same about Mohammadi. they can fight as much as they want behind the closed doors but you shouldn't talk about your employee like this in national TV.

and it was stupid and weird from Mohammadi to block broadcasting the trials. I really can't understand why.

another thing, I'm still not sure if 2020 worlds really happens. but that was a good thing for the Iranian wrestling. at least that forced IAWF to do something. restart the wrestling. and everybody with a brain knows that wrestlers are safer when they are training inside the national camp (while quarantined). most of them had hard time to find training partners in their own towns.

74kg trials is scheduled for Thursday 29 October.

and there will be trials for other 7 weights most probably on 5 November. apparently with live TV coverage. and it seems some selected wrestlers from outside the national camp will be allowed to wrestle too.

They also announced the format and the name of wrestlers for each weight, there will be 2kg allowance and if the coaches want, they can add extra matches to the program (facing each other for the second time for example)

57kg: Reza Atri, Alireza Sarlak, Rahman Amouzad, Nader Hajaghania
4 wrestlers will compete in round robin (double elimination) format

61kg: Behnam Ehsanpour, Majid Dastan
apparently just one match between these 2

70kg: Younes Emami, Amir Hossein Hosseini, Erfan Elahi
Emami will face the winner of Hosseini/Elahi match in the final

86kg: Hassan Yazdani, Kamran Ghasempour, Ahmad Bazri
Yazdani, will face the winner of Ghasempour,/Bazri match in the final

92kg: Javad Ebrahimi, Hossein Shahbazi, Mohammad Hossein Mirbaghian, Hossein Jalalinejad, Arashk Mohebbi
direct elimination between the other 4 and only the winner will face Ebrahimi in the final

97kg: Mojtaba Goleij, Mohammad Hossein Mohammadian, Ali Shaabani
round robin between all 3

125kg: Parviz Hadi, Yadollah Mohebbi, Amir Hossein Zare, Amin Taheri, Abbas Foroutan
Taheri will wrestle Foroutan first and the winner will join the other 3 for the round robin (double elimination) format

and we will also have trials in Greco ! I don't know how they managed to convince Bana but here we go

55kg: Pouya Dadmarz, Sajjad Abbaspour

60kg: Mehdi Mohsennejad, Pouya Nasserpour, Alireza Nejati
Nejati will wrestle the winner of Mohsennejad/Nasserpour in the final

63kg: Meysam Dalkhani vs Reza Mardi

67kg: Hossein Asadi vs Mohammad Reza Geraei

72kg: Ashkan Saadatifar, Ali Arsalan, Amin Kavianinejad
Kavianinejad will face the winner of Arsalan/Saadatifar

77kg: Mohammad Ali Geraei vs Pejman Poshtam

82kg: Jamal Esmaeili, Mehdi Naghousi, Mehdi Ebrahimi
Ebrahimi will face the winner of Esmaeili/Naghousi

87kg: Ramin Taheri vs Hossein Nouri

97kg: Mehdi Aliyari, Mehdi Bali, Hadi Saravi
Saravi will face the winner of Aliyari/Bali

130kg: Amir Ghasemi-Monjazi, Ali Akbar Yousefi, Amin Mirzazadeh
round robin

12 minutes ago, irani said:

When will these trials take place?

Do you have a link to streaming broadcasts?

as I wrote in my first post Thursday 5 November

really ? do you expect a link NOW ? lol

they moved the trials to the Azadi Stadium, they want to have live TV coverage. so check IRIB 3 or IRIB Varzesh at the time of the competition.

Mostafa Hosseinkhani wins 74kg trials few minutes ago. this time we had some kind of "live coverage" via IAWF instagram page, matches are still available to watch there

https://www.instagram.com/iawf.ir/

complete results

R1: Hosseinkhani 3-1 Dadashpour / Nokhodi 5-2 Firouzpour / Ebadi 10-10 Kamarvand
R2: Hosseinkhani 4-0 Firouzpour / Ebadi walkover Dadashpour / Nokhodi 2-1 Kamarvand / (Firouzpour, Dadashpour and Kamarvand OUT)
R3: Hosseinkhani 3-0 Ebadi / Nokhodi Bye
R4: Ebadi 3-2 Nokhodi / Hosseinkhani Bye
R5: Hosseinkhani 9-4 Nokhodi / Ebadi Bye

Final Ranking: 1. Hosseinkhani, 2. Ebadi, 3. Nokhodi, 4. Kamarvand, 5. Firouzpour 6. Dadashpour

Hosseinkhani only had problems against his archrival Dadashpour and won that match narrowly. he was pretty comfortable in the rest of his matches , still the same conservative boring wrestlers, but obviously he is better than the rest in Iran, unless Emami moves up a weight and challenge him seriously

I was a bit interested to see Firouzpour here, but it seems his younger brother has a lot more potential compared to him. And I thought Ebadi was doing modeling outside of Iran but it seems he returned to wrestling. In conclusion I wasn't impressed with any of them. 

On 10/26/2020 at 8:53 AM, wrestfan said:

and we will also have trials in Greco ! I don't know how they managed to convince Bana but here we go

55kg: Pouya Dadmarz, Sajjad Abbaspour

60kg: Mehdi Mohsennejad, Pouya Nasserpour, Alireza Nejati
Nejati will wrestle the winner of Mohsennejad/Nasserpour in the final

63kg: Meysam Dalkhani vs Reza Mardi

67kg: Hossein Asadi vs Mohammad Reza Geraei

72kg: Ashkan Saadatifar, Ali Arsalan, Amin Kavianinejad
Kavianinejad will face the winner of Arsalan/Saadatifar

77kg: Mohammad Ali Geraei vs Pejman Poshtam

82kg: Jamal Esmaeili, Mehdi Naghousi, Mehdi Ebrahimi
Ebrahimi will face the winner of Esmaeili/Naghousi

87kg: Ramin Taheri vs Hossein Nouri

97kg: Mehdi Aliyari, Mehdi Bali, Hadi Saravi
Saravi will face the winner of Aliyari/Bali

130kg: Amir Ghasemi-Monjazi, Ali Akbar Yousefi, Amin Mirzazadeh
round robin

neither Abdevali?

12 minutes ago, gutfirst said:

neither Abdevali?

no, in Greco only wrestlers in the national camp are "allowed" to wrestle in this limited trials

and none of Abdevali brothers got invited to the camp. nobody knows exactly why but something like a month ago he said something like "i'm afraid of the virus, I'm not going to the camp even if they invite me" he also said few things about the IAWF's president. looks like that was enough to upset to coach. who is Abdevali's favorite coach. but apparently is not counting on Abdevali brothers anymore.

I think they still consider Saeid for the Olympics but maybe they wanted to show him his behavior is not tolerated anymore.

On 10/29/2020 at 3:25 AM, wrestfan said:

Mostafa Hosseinkhani wins 74kg trials few minutes ago. this time we had some kind of "live coverage" via IAWF instagram page, matches are still available to watch there

https://www.instagram.com/iawf.ir/

complete results

R1: Hosseinkhani 3-1 Dadashpour / Nokhodi 5-2 Firouzpour / Ebadi 10-10 Kamarvand
R2: Hosseinkhani 4-0 Firouzpour / Ebadi walkover Dadashpour / Nokhodi 2-1 Kamarvand / (Firouzpour, Dadashpour and Kamarvand OUT)
R3: Hosseinkhani 3-0 Ebadi / Nokhodi Bye
R4: Ebadi 3-2 Nokhodi / Hosseinkhani Bye
R5: Hosseinkhani 9-4 Nokhodi / Ebadi Bye

Final Ranking: 1. Hosseinkhani, 2. Ebadi, 3. Nokhodi, 4. Kamarvand, 5. Firouzpour 6. Dadashpour

Hosseinkhani only had problems against his archrival Dadashpour and won that match narrowly. he was pretty comfortable in the rest of his matches , still the same conservative boring wrestlers, but obviously he is better than the rest in Iran, unless Emami moves up a weight and challenge him seriously

Not a bad performance by Nokhodi, considering his age (is he 21?).  Gives me hope for his future.

I guess it was the correct decision to add him to the list at the last minute

1 hour ago, Shiraz123 said:

Nokhodi has no future most likely. 

I expected nothing less from Mr positivity  :)

Come on, they guy is 20 or 21 years old, and he took third in team selections for national team.

20 minutes ago, irani said:

Come on, they guy is 20 or 21 years old, and he took third in team selections for national team.

I totally agree with Shiraz in this. it's not always about the results. but the way he wrestles I can see there is no future for him.

btw we knew they postponed the 74kg trials because one wrestler was tested positive for COVID, we didn't know who but Hosseinkhani revealed that was himself !

31 minutes ago, irani said:

I think he's younger than that actually. I think he's like 19. Anyway he only beat Firouzpour who is also a junior like him and Kamarvand who is not good.  Surprisingly Ebadi beat him despite Nokhodi wrestling in a good amount of international tournaments recently. They took this guy to junior worlds, U23 worlds, Asian seniors and that tournament in Italy in 2019. And of course Hosseinkhani beat him easily. 74kg in Iran is extremely weak, especially considering only he came third out of five, if he came third in Russia's 74kg trials you could say something. 

7 minutes ago, wrestfan said:

btw we knew they postponed the 74kg trials because one wrestler was tested positive for COVID, we didn't know who but Hosseinkhani revealed that was himself !

Holly crap, that is amazing recovery!  They must have helicoptered him to walter Reed and given him every new medicine there is!

2 minutes ago, Shiraz123 said:

I think he's younger than that actually. I think he's like 19. 

You just wrote the magic words.  He is young and getting good results.  I give him the benefit of the doubt and hope that he will develop.  Of course, given iran's talent to turn multiple cadet world champions into nobodies, the odds are not good

2 minutes ago, irani said:

Holly crap, that is amazing recovery!  They must have helicoptered him to walter Reed and given him every new medicine there is!

You just wrote the magic words.  He is young and getting good results.  I give him the benefit of the doubt and hope that he will develop.  Of course, given iran's talent to turn multiple cadet world champions into nobodies, the odds are not good

Lol I think you might be confusing him for someone else. He never won any cadet worlds, he got bronze one time. He went to junior worlds but there were 3 wrestlers in his half of the bracket alone that were better than him and he lost to 2 of them. And I wouldn't say he has any results to make him seem particularly impressive even for his age. Beating a guy his same age and kamarvand in one of the worst weights in Iran for the past 8 years (I know Hassan got a gold and then immediately left) to come third out of five wrestlers is hardly impressive. I would say Nokhodi right now is an average junior level wrestler.