Jump to content
wrestfan

Iran Wrestling News

Recommended Posts

Amouzad has a pretty good draw. If he would have hit someone really good in the first round and only got 1 match it might have been a waste of time sending him on his own. He has the chance to get some experience here and progress into the bracket. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

sometimes I think Amouzad is not 100% focused. that will be costly against likes of Uguev. he really should stop complaining about everything ! and also sometimes he moves " a lot"

i don't think he can challenge Uguev tonight, but no matter what that will be a great experience for him. but let's imagine for a second what if he beats Uguev ? the social media is gonna explode lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree, I think this will be something similar to when Hassan Yazdani went to worlds for the first time and made the final without a problem but then Gazimagomedov beat him easily.  He can at least wrestle for a bronze medal even if he loses and get some more experience.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Amouzad loses to Uguev by pin near the start of the second period. He was able to compete with him but Uguev was better at taking advantage of the moments. He will probaby wrestle Andreyeu for bronze, a wrestler who was even around at this weight when Rahimi was wrestling at 57. 

 

Edit: It's the same guy Atri had problems with these past two world championships. Beat him on criteria at the last second in 2019 and lost to him on criteria at the last second in 2018. 

Edited by Shiraz123

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

what I like about him is that he came to win, not to lose by a small margin. that's the winning mentality some Iranian wrestlers lack.

I think he did OK, that was his first senior international competition against the best guy in the world, and he was at par with him most of the time. but he still has to learn a lot. these kind of mistakes are costly against Uguev and wrestlers in his level. I won't be surprised if he beats Atri for the Olympic spot. maybe this also helps Atri to improve. there were nobody to challenge him in past 3 years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Iran-Mall and Esteghlal will face in the Iranian freestyle league final later today.  you can watch both semifinals here

https://www.telewebion.com/episode/2453734

Iran-Mall won its semifinal with a very close score of 10--0 !!!! easy wins for Yazdani, Zare and Goleij while Hosseinkhani had another close win

in other semifinal Esteghlal upset Ghaemshahr 9-1 ! it wasn't really one sided. Ghasemshahr was supposed to dominate the higher weights but all of them withdrew when they lost the dual earlier. with this unfortunately we won't see some "interesting matchups" like Mohammadian/Shaabani or Zare/Mohebbi

Zare has to wrestle Foroutan in the final dual but I'm afraid withdrawal is possible if the fate of the dual is already decided

Edited by wrestfan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Amouzad wins bronze with a 4 - 0 over Andreyeu. His problem right now at this young age is against top guys he can control long portions of the match but has a hard time scoring. We saw that against Uguev and in his bronze match.

 

Overall a strong performance, in a sense you could say he already has a better career than Atri (Atri failed at junior worlds, U23 worlds and three times at senior worlds) lol. The most impressive thing about Amouzad this tournament actually might be that Uguev couldn't turn him, because he destroyed everyone else on top. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Shiraz123 said:

Amouzad wins bronze with a 4 - 0 over Andreyeu. His problem right now at this young age is against top guys he can control long portions of the match but has a hard time scoring. We saw that against Uguev and in his bronze match.

 

Overall a strong performance, in a sense you could say he already has a better career than Atri (Atri failed at junior worlds, U23 worlds and three times at senior worlds) lol. The most impressive thing about Amouzad this tournament actually might be that Uguev couldn't turn him, because he destroyed everyone else on top. 

The kid is 19, is that right?

I would argue that for a 19 year old this is spectacular result

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, irani said:

The kid is 19, is that right?

I would argue that for a 19 year old this is spectacular result

He's 18. He will turn 19 about a month before the Olympics.

Spectacular to me is a bit too strong in my opinion, Otoguro when he won world gold aged 19 is a spectacular result. It was a good result but in his last two matches we saw he has clear limitations right now.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Shiraz123 said:

He's 18. He will turn 19 about a month before the Olympics.

Spectacular to me is a bit too strong in my opinion, Otoguro when he won world gold aged 19 is a spectacular result. It was a good result but in his last two matches we saw he has clear limitations right now.  

ok, how about Great result, or very positive result? :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, irani said:

ok, how about Great result, or very positive result? :)

lol I refuse to go above good. I would say great if he showed something more in the bronze match. We have seen wrestlers his age (or even younger) do more at better tournaments. Asgarov, Chamizo, Sadulaev, Otoguro come to mind. Wrestfan only said he only did OK anyway so be happy with good lol. 

Edited by Shiraz123

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I still think he did OK lol maybe a bit better than OK but still doing exactly the same thing for the entire match 5 times in a row (against all his opponents ) is not something super  impressive. Yazdani always pushes the opponent but not exactly in the same way. he tries different things sometimes. but yes he is 18, and I think he is probably the best wrestler we had in lower weights in recent years after Rahimi.

a bit about the league final, the league ended in a controversial final. the Esteghlal club was angry because IAWF took Amir Mohammad Yazdani from them, they believe he is NOT COVID positive, and the IAWF faked the test ! (I don't understand why they should do that) apparently Younes Emami also refused to wrestle for them for a reason I don't know. since they believed in conspiracy theory , they wanted to somehow show their protest by fielding a weak team in the final, an incomplete team with just 6 wrestlers. that made Dabir (IAWF's president) very angry and threatened all their coaches (including Reza Yazdani) and wrestlers to face a 2 years ban if they go with the plan. that's why the order of the final dual was different. Iran-Mall won the final 7-3. it was closer than expectations.

Results:

57: Reza Atri 6-2 Nader Hajaghania
61: Majid Dastan 8-3 Mohammad Ramezanpour
65: Meysam Nasiri 1-6 Morteza Ghiasi
70: Amir Hossein Hosseini 8-0 Mohammad Reza Sargoo
74: Mostafa Hosseinkhani 2-3 Ali Savadkouhi
79: Peyman Yarahmadi 2-2 Hamidreza Zarinpeykar
86: Hassan Yazdani 11-1 Sajjad Gholami
92: Kamran Ghasempour - Ali Mojerloo (Mojerloo got injured right at the start!!)
97: Mohammad Hossein Mohammadian - Alireza Rekabi (Rekabi got injured while he was down 7-0)
125: Amir Hossein Zare 4-0 Abbas Foroutan

this could be 6-4 with Younes Emami, Amir Mohammad Yazdani's presence wouldn't change anything positively because Ghiasi won that weight for them.  they were also angry about the absent of Amir Mohammadi but seriously did they really expect him to beat Mohammadian ?!

Zare beating Foroutan and Hosseinkhani losing to Savakuhi were the highlights of the final. apparently Savadkuhi is cutting weight for 74kg. even though we had 2kg allowance here.

Final dual video
https://www.telewebion.com/episode/2453097

-----------------

apparently both Emami and Mohammadi once tested positive for COVID and next time tested negative ! (I don't know in which order) still they wanted to use these guys in the final. in short they think someone tampered the tests and those 3 guys should wrestle in the final!

well obviously everybody was afraid of Amir Mohammadi!! that one I can guarantee lol

Edited by wrestfan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, wrestfan said:

I still think he did OK lol maybe a bit better than OK but still doing exactly the same thing for the entire match 5 times in a row (against all his opponents ) is not something super  impressive. Yazdani always pushes the opponent but not exactly in the same way. he tries different things sometimes. but yes he is 18, and I think he is probably the best wrestler we had in lower weights in recent years after Rahimi.

a bit about the league final, the league ended in a controversial final. the Esteghlal club was angry because IAWF took Amir Mohammad Yazdani from them, they believe he is NOT COVID positive, and the IAWF faked the test ! (I don't understand why they should do that) apparently Younes Emami also refused to wrestle for them for a reason I don't know. since they believed in conspiracy theory , they wanted to somehow show their protest by fielding a weak team in the final, an incomplete team with just 6 wrestlers. that made Dabir (IAWF's president) very angry and threatened all their coaches (including Reza Yazdani) and wrestlers to face a 2 years ban if they go with the plan. that's why the order of the final dual was different. Iran-Mall won the final 7-3. it was closer than expectations.

Results:

57: Reza Atri 6-2 Nader Hajaghania
61: Majid Dastan 8-3 Mohammad Ramezanpour
65: Meysam Nasiri 1-6 Morteza Ghiasi
70: Amir Hossein Hosseini 8-0 Mohammad Reza Sargoo
74: Mostafa Hosseinkhani 2-3 Ali Savadkouhi
79: Peyman Yarahmadi 2-2 Hamidreza Zarinpeykar
86: Hassan Yazdani 11-1 Sajjad Gholami
92: Kamran Ghasempour - Ali Mojerloo (Mojerloo got injured right at the start!!)
97: Mohammad Hossein Mohammadian - Alireza Rekabi (Rekabi got injured while he was down 7-0)
125: Amir Hossein Zare 4-0 Abbas Foroutan

this could be 6-4 with Younes Emami, Amir Mohammad Yazdani's presence wouldn't change anything positively because Ghiasi won that weight for them.  they were also angry about the absent of Amir Mohammadi but seriously did they really expect him to beat Mohammadian ?!

Zare beating Foroutan and Hosseinkhani losing to Savakuhi were the highlights of the final. apparently Savadkuhi is cutting weight for 74kg. even though we had 2kg allowance here.

Final dual video
https://www.telewebion.com/episode/2453097

-----------------

apparently both Emami and Mohammadi once tested positive for COVID and next time tested negative ! (I don't know in which order) still they wanted to use these guys in the final. in short they think someone tampered the tests and those 3 guys should wrestle in the final!

well obviously everybody was afraid of Amir Mohammadi!! that one I can guarantee lol

Didn't Younes Emami break his nose like 2 weeks ago?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Shiraz123 said:

Didn't Younes Emami break his nose like 2 weeks ago?

yes you are right, apparently in Emami's case it's about an injury.

but apparently this is getting serious. Dabir claims one of their coaches bribed a laboratory to make a fake negative test for Amir Mohammadi so he can wrestle in the final!

Dabir wants to ban some of Esteghlal coaches, apparently Reza Yazdani is included.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CI8BPrRBx0O/

Edited by wrestfan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, wrestfan said:

yes you are right, apparently in Emami's case it's about an injury.

but apparently this is getting serious. Dabir claims one of their coaches bribed a laboratory to make a fake negative test for Amir Mohammadi so he can wrestle in the final!

Dabir wants to ban some of Esteghlal coaches, apparently Reza Yazdani is included.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CI8BPrRBx0O/

too many apparentlies...sound like you are just trying to pass rumours as information but leave yourself room for backing out if it turned out to be BS.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, window12 said:

too many apparentlies...sound like you are just trying to pass rumours as information but leave yourself room for backing out if it turned out to be BS.  

when I'm not 100% sure about something I use the word "apparently"

that instagram link goes to Iran Wrestling federation president interview, people who can understand Persian (I assume 2-3 other users here do) can listen to him. I just summarized what he said.

I used that word 3 times, first about Emami's injury, I don't know about that myself, I just confirmed what my friend said above my post. and again IAWF president somehow confirms that, he says they will investigate into this and if Emami wasn't really injured ( and faked an injury to simply not wrestle in the final) he will receive penalties too.

second time it was about "things getting serious" . because IAWF president says he won't stop by just banning that coach and that wrestler (didn't mention a name of that was Amir Mohammadi), he will take them to the court. because for him it's like attempting murder (going to wrestle while you are COVID positive) personally I'm not sure things will go that far.

and the 3rd time was about Reza Yazdani, he was the head coach of that team IAWF president was talking about. so if there will be penalties, he will "most probably" get something too. still I'm not 100% sure, he is a respected person and people like him in general.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, wrestfan said:

when I'm not 100% sure about something I use the word "apparently"

that instagram link goes to Iran Wrestling federation president interview, people who can understand Persian (I assume 2-3 other users here do) can listen to him. I just summarized what he said.

I used that word 3 times, first about Emami's injury, I don't know about that myself, I just confirmed what my friend said above my post. and again IAWF president somehow confirms that, he says they will investigate into this and if Emami wasn't really injured ( and faked an injury to simply not wrestle in the final) he will receive penalties too.

second time it was about "things getting serious" . because IAWF president says he won't stop by just banning that coach and that wrestler (didn't mention a name of that was Amir Mohammadi), he will take them to the court. because for him it's like attempting murder (going to wrestle while you are COVID positive) personally I'm not sure things will go that far.

and the 3rd time was about Reza Yazdani, he was the head coach of that team IAWF president was talking about. so if there will be penalties, he will "most probably" get something too. still I'm not 100% sure, he is a respected person and people like him in general.

wrestfan is one of the most informed and factual posters on this board.  I have never known him to post anything that is not backed up by a source.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, irani said:

Lol

Reminds me of dancing bears I saw in a circus once.

 

Interesting that Bana is joining the freestylers.  Good to see that he seems to have recovered.

 

I also see some other Greco guys in the background. the don't train together but they train at the same place. so they probably join for a happy birthday!

I would like more "social distancing" (as much as possible of course) but most of these guys had COVID last month so I guess the camp is safer now lol

there are some youngsters with them, mostly as training partner. but in freestyle they dropped both Hadi and Mohebbi! and Bana didn't invite Abdevali once again, that probably means Abdevali is done with the Olympics. (or at least his chance is very slim)

btw it's good to see they are having fun, it's hard to have fun these days.

---

and another news you probably read in UWW website. they postponed the Asian Champs and the Olympics Qualifiers, Kazakhstan will host both at the same time in April. Kazakhstan hosting an Olympic qualifier is not a good news as they cheat blatantly  but in current situation I think we should just thank anybody for hosting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...