wrestfan

Iran Wrestling News

Must say, the banter between Iranian wrestling fans is priceless.  You guys know the sport, do your homework, and pull no punches, most especially on Iranian wrestlers.  Love the contributions you make to the forum and appreciate the brutally honest takes.  May you enjoy a blessed new year and may we all hope 2021 treats the world better.

David Taylor will wrestle in France on the 15 January along with some other American wrestlers. Dabir said Hassan has to wrestle Taylor at least once before the Olympics, this is probably a good chance (and they might not get another one) but I doubt they will send a team. 

11 minutes ago, Shiraz123 said:

What do you think about all this about Rahimi coming back? 

He is entitled to try!  I see that some of the newspapers are really critical of him, but I cannot imagine that he will do any damage, and if anything his participation might further motivate Atri and Amouzadeh.

I cannot imagine that he can get in shape in time for the trials though.

Just now, irani said:

He is entitled to try!  I see that some of the newspapers are really critical of him, but I cannot imagine that he will do any damage, and if anything his participation might further motivate Atri and Amouzadeh.

I cannot imagine that he can get in shape in time for the trials though.

He would come back at 65, no way he can do 57 on a 2 day weigh in at his age after also not training for 3 years.

Just now, Shiraz123 said:

He would come back at 65, no way he can do 57 on a 2 day weigh in at his age after also not training for 3 years.

That is not what the news articles that I read implied, but it certainly makes more sense to me