wrestfan

Iran Wrestling News

I think that's the first guy eliminated now at 97kg for the Olympics in Iran. Feel sorry for him, he's a good wrestler but had to go up 2 weight classes because of Yazdani then because of the 6 weights. Things always go wrong for him in Olympic years, we all remember last time when he started losing to everyone. To be honest he won that match with Moore, they didn't give him his two for the takedown. It doesn't matter though, anything less than a convincing gold here would have not been enough. 

5 minutes ago, The Genius said:

Karimi was pretty disappointing (lost 3-3 in the final to the American Moore). Not sure where he goes from here to be honest.

92kg for the worlds after the Olympics. If Cox isn't there he can probably win it. He weighed 93kg here according to an instagram page that is pretty reliable. 

Edited by Shiraz123

well I never gave any chance to Karimi in this weight. as Shiraz said he is wrestling two weights up. he should wrestle at 86kg.

even though his chance is slim, I think still they will give him a chance to wrestle Mohammadian/Shaabani, just because he is a good boy! I wish him the best of luck he deserved more in his career, just unlucky Yazdami moved up to 86kg and took his place. and Cox was on his way every time he was close to win a world title.

even if he wants to try 92kg for the worlds in Norway, he has to go through the great Ebrahimi lol who knows maybe even Ghasempour tries his chance once again.

11 minutes ago, irani said:

Is the first guy Ehsanpour wrestling (Rohit from India) any good?

From searching his name on YouTube he was wrestling in cadets and juniors two years ago. He's a young wrestler, didn't win anything in those age group tournaments either. Actually our cadet wrestler (also called Karimi, lol) won gold at the weight he was in at Asian cadets in 2018. From what I see if Ehsanpour loses to him then that's a very bad loss.

5 hours ago, Shiraz123 said:

From searching his name on YouTube he was wrestling in cadets and juniors two years ago. He's a young wrestler, didn't win anything in those age group tournaments either. Actually our cadet wrestler (also called Karimi, lol) won gold at the weight he was in at Asian cadets in 2018. From what I see if Ehsanpour loses to him then that's a very bad loss.

Rohit (his full name Rohit Singh) is actually the 2021 Indian Nationals winner for 65kg (Bajrang did not participate, he was in a training stint in USA). He is good and at times dangerous. Like most of the indian wrestler, he comes from poor (economy wise) family from a village. Here is a good article on him https://indianexpress.com/article/sports/sport-others/reluctant-wrestler-rohit-crowned-national-champion-in-bajrangs-category-7160176/

On a side note: In Matteo Pellicone, Karimi's beard was good. It suited him!

2 hours ago, freestyle_fan said:

2 minutes ago, Jaroslav Hasek said:

Karimi's beard did look nice I will second that. 

Great, I guess it was not such a disappointing outing by Karimi after all :)

3 hours ago, freestyle_fan said:

Rohit (his full name Rohit Singh) is actually the 2021 Indian Nationals winner for 65kg (Bajrang did not participate, he was in a training stint in USA). He is good and at times dangerous. Like most of the indian wrestler, he comes from poor (economy wise) family from a village. Here is a good article on him https://indianexpress.com/article/sports/sport-others/reluctant-wrestler-rohit-crowned-national-champion-in-bajrangs-category-7160176/

Is that not the same guy? Ehsanpour isn't that good lol but as far as I know India isn't deep at 65 like Russia or something, they have 1 strong wrestler at the weight and he wasn't at that tournament according to the article. If Ehsanpour loses to his backup he's getting crossed off like Karimi. They almost crossed off Ehsanpour, Karimi and Taheri in one tournament but Taheri has a high IQ and avoided their trap. 

Edited by Shiraz123

25 minutes ago, Shiraz123 said:

Is that not the same guy? Ehsanpour isn't that good lol but as far as I know India isn't deep at 65 like Russia or something, they have 1 strong wrestler at the weight and he wasn't at that tournament according to the article. If Ehsanpour loses to his backup he's getting crossed off like Karimi. They almost crossed off Ehsanpour, Karimi and Taheri in one tournament but Taheri has a high IQ and avoided their trap. 

Agree with you. But I would not be surprised if Rohit defeats Ehsanpour although Rohit did not have much senior level international experience. I watched his matches during Indian nationals 2021, he was really good. Let’s see how this match goes!

14 minutes ago, freestyle_fan said:

Agree with you. But I would not be surprised if Rohit defeats Ehsanpour although Rohit did not have much senior level international experience. I watched his matches during Indian nationals 2021, he was really good. Let’s see how this match goes!

Rohit will win, everytime I talk negatively about a wrestler they end up doing well.

Loooool cmon classic Ehsanpour loses at the last second to Indian superstar Rohit

If @irani never asked that question about if he's any good I wouldn't have given that answer and none of this would have happened

Edited by Shiraz123

1 minute ago, Shiraz123 said:

Loooool cmon classic Ehsanpour loses at the last second to Indian superstar Rohit

If @irani never asked that question about if he's any good I wouldn't have given that answer and none of this would have happened

I told you guys Rohit is good :-) jokes apart, it was a good match, could have gone either way.

Ehsanpour never had a chance at 65kg, this defeat here just confirmed that. he tried 65kg before and failed when he was younger and better.

checking the list for the national camp, they only have AM Yazdani and Ghiasi. I highly doubt they trust Ghiasi for the Olympic qualifier, Yazdani junior is almost confirmed for the AOQT. since most top Asian wrestlers are already qualified, his biggest obstacle will be Russian-Uzbek Bekbulatov.

5 hours ago, Shiraz123 said:

I take full responsiblity, and ask for forgiveness.

I should have asked if Ehsanpour is any good, and have you tell us how bad he is, and then he would have won.  I made a tactical mistake

here Gholam Mohammadi confirms what we already knew about the Olympic trials on 10 March (sorry my mistake, 9 March)

https://video.varzesh3.com/video/229268/حسن-یزدانی-هم-کشتی-انتخابی-را-ببازد-خط-خواهد-خورد

if Yazdani wins, he is in, but if he loses, there will be a re-match. (Yazdani has to win twice though)

the host didn't ask him about 57kg trial. so we don't know what will happen between Atri and Amouzad.

and he also said Takhti Cup in 2 months will act as a kind of trial for the World Championship in Norway.

Edited by wrestfan

14 minutes ago, wrestfan said:

here Gholam Mohammadi confirms what we already knew about the Olympic trials on 10 March

https://video.varzesh3.com/video/229268/حسن-یزدانی-هم-کشتی-انتخابی-را-ببازد-خط-خواهد-خورد

if Yazdani wins, he is in, but if he loses, there will be a re-match. (Yazdani has to win twice though)

the host didn't ask him about 57kg trial. so we don't know what will happen between Atri and Amouzad.

and he also said Takhti Cup in 2 months will act as a kind of trial for the World Championship in Norway.

Might be a dumb question but I wonder what happens if Ghasempour wins the first match then Hassan wins the second one. Trial over? They said Hassan just needs to win a match. 

27 minutes ago, Shiraz123 said:

Might be a dumb question but I wonder what happens if Ghasempour wins the first match then Hassan wins the second one. Trial over? They said Hassan just needs to win a match. 

there will be a 3rd match for sure.

he needs to win a match in 0-0 situation. but when he is down 1-0. he needs to win twice. that was the case for Zare against Taheri.

18 minutes ago, wrestfan said:

there will be a 3rd match for sure.

he needs to win a match in 0-0 situation. but when he is down 1-0. he needs to win twice. that was the case for Zare against Taheri.

I'm sure that's right.

This would have been a very interesting rivalry if they came around under the old rules without the step out. In that case I think it really would have been 50/50. It's very hard to see Ghasempour winning when we know Yazdani can push him out 4 - 6 times a match and they are about even in takedowns, each can probably get 1 on the other. I don't see Ghasempour ever scoring more than 2 - 3 points on Yazdani, maybe 4 if he wrestles very well and that's not enough. I hope we see Ghasempour in Norway.

Amouzad and Atri will be very interesting. 

Seems they will not do a rematch of the 57 match. Strange, because Atri has not won a medal at any world level event and the match was close. 

My conspiracy theory is that they didn't want Amouzad possibly losing to him twice, and would like to test them later on in an international tournament. If Amouzad lost twice to Atri here then outperformed him in an international tournament it could make things complicated for the coaches if they don't want to send Atri. 

2 minutes ago, Shiraz123 said:

Seems they will not do a rematch of the 57 match. Strange, because Atri has not won a medal at any world level event and the match was close. 

My conspiracy theory is that they didn't want Amouzad possibly losing to him twice, and would like to test them later on in an international tournament. If Amouzad lost twice to Atri here then outperformed him in an international tournament it could make things complicated for the coaches if they don't want to send Atri. 

yep, no rematch, Atri wins the 57kg trials

actually I think what you said makes sense, if you watched Amouzad's interview after the match, it was like nothing happened and he still has a chance for the Olympics. and to be honest this is too early to announce the Olympic team.

Atri's comment on Azmouad was kind of interesting, "he should move up weight, he beats 65kg guys in training" lol

39 minutes ago, wrestfan said:

yep, no rematch, Atri wins the 57kg trials

actually I think what you said makes sense, if you watched Amouzad's interview after the match, it was like nothing happened and he still has a chance for the Olympics. and to be honest this is too early to announce the Olympic team.

Atri's comment on Azmouad was kind of interesting, "he should move up weight, he beats 65kg guys in training" lol

I didn't see that, that's interesting. I did see a short clip of them together after the match on instagram with Amouzad saying he's going to 65 after the Olympics or the world championships this year. He's a LOT taller than Atri, I didn't really realise the height difference was that big until I saw that clip. I think it's clear he was never going to be at 57 for long, like Hassan when he was at 66. I think the 57 Olympian won't be known until the Poland tournament. 

Just me or did Amouzad seem a bit lower energy here compared to worlds? Weight cut getting harder? 

Edited by Shiraz123