wrestfan

Iran Wrestling News

1 minute ago, Shiraz123 said:

I didn't see that, that's interesting.

Just me or did Amouzad seem a bit lower energy here compared to worlds? Weight cut getting harder? 

maybe that was because of wrestling in the morning. only 3 hours after the weight-in

this is the whole TV coverage, interviews, both matches and then again some interviews with the wrestlers.

https://www.telewebion.com/episode/2528618

this is probably Amouzad's first ever live interview lol too many mistakes, but then he is just 18

Hi guys, new to the forum, but most certainly not to wrestling. Always good conversation when I browse the forums from time to time.

With it being less than 5 months to the Olympics and with the recent Italian, Ukranian and domestic matches in Iran between the wrestlers, what are your guys thoughts on what you would like/expect to be the reps at each weigh in FS or GR?

FS 57kg-I appreciate Atri just beat Amouzad in a close match, but personally I feel Amouzad has greater chance of medalling at the Olympics than Atri, he had a great tournament the other month where he only lost to Uguev, but considering his age he gave Uguev a tough time and although it was expected he lose, he was very encouraging and beat some top guys along the way to getting the Bronze medal. Amouzad has a higher ceiling and it would be great to see him in Tokyo too, where I think he does better than Atri against international competition. He has a very bright future.

FS 65kg-Probably Iran's weakest Olympic weight? I suppose it is a case of picking the best out of a shallow pool of talent at this weight, Yazdani probably is the frontrunner. Ehsanpour seems too small and didn't do well in Italy. Unlikely a medal will be gained in this weight. Yazdani seems ok, but I feel he gets a bit overwhelmed mentally against international guys and isn't as tactical as he could be. But probably best option.

FS 74kg-Again probably second weakest behind 65kg. And very unlikely with Burroughs/Dake, Chamizio or Russia that a medal is achieved here. Younes Emami likely frontrunner, probably better choice at this stage than Hosseinkhani. Emami was quite impressive at 70kg last world champs, and he teched Green recently at 74kg.

FS 86kg-Obviously H.Yazdani. I expect him to beat Taylor as well and avenge his losses and get Gold, as long as he strategizes better this time around. A shame for Ghasempour and would have been great for him to be here as well as I feel he would medal if countries had more than 1 rep.

FS 97kg-One of Iran's more exciting weights actually and a bit more clarity now as to who will follow in the footsteps of Reza Yazdani at this weight to achieve glory. Karimi obviously is probably out of the equation after Rome, and I didn't expect him to be the rep at this weight anyway. Good talent at this weight but to me it has to be between Mohammadian and Shabani and even though Shabani recently beat Mohammadian, I would have to say Mohammadian should be the pick at the weight and feel he will do better against international competition and have greater chance to medal than Shabani. His Matteo Pellicone performance last year raised his stock tremendously, pinning Snyder and teching Bo and going on to win like that was super impressive. I reckon he would have great matches against Cox or Sadulaev.

FS 125kg-With time, bad luck and the pandemic catching up with Hadi, it looks like it will be between Taheri and Zare for 125kg. I think both are excellent and have great chances at medalling if either go, hard to pick between the 2. I know Taheri recently bested him though. Tough to pick.

Will post about GR later. Think 4 out 6 weights they have a great chance to medal. Can see Amouzad causing problems for folk, Yazdani expects gold, Mohammadian would be a dark horse in 97kg after his Matteo Pellicone performance last year, and Taheri or Zare are strong wrestlers with good chance of medalling. Let me know your thoughts.

@Uwwdoc that was a very nice analyze , hard to add anything else to it. I just don't agree with that part about Taheri. I don't think he has any chance for a medal. handling him will be too easy for the likes of Akgul and Geno. and other average 125kg wrestlers in the world will beat him too.  he is just a bad matchup for Zare.

Will be hard for Hassan. In my opinion Taylor actually wrestled him a little bit stupid in the first round of their second match and gave up one or two unnecessary takedowns, they will watch that and tighten that up. Other than that from what we have seen Hassan can't really score on him any other way than pushouts. No good when he can only get like 4 of them before he gasses and Taylor starts getting two points after two points. On the mat there's a big gap also. Our coaches need to be a little smarter as well. In the second period of their last match Hassan got a stepout on him but Taylor turned and went back into the mat and ended up with a takedown, that's a 3 point swing. They should have challenged that, would have given Hassan a break also. He was too gassed for it to make a difference in my opinion but still.  Also needs to cheat a little bit and pretend he's injured next time, lol. Otoguro - Bajrang 1 style. 

Btw I wonder what the coaches game plan was for Taylor in Budapest? Talai and Khadem are gone now but they were shouting at him to wrestle calmly during the match, but that's too late. I wonder what they told him during training. Did Hassan break the game plan and do his own thing or did they tell him to more or less wrestle his usual style because he was in better shape for 86 than in their world cup match and they assumed that would be enough? Regardless of if he wins or loses i'm sure he will wrestle him differently this time. I will still pick Taylor though. 

Edited by Shiraz123

3 hours ago, wrestfan said:

@Uwwdoc that was a very nice analyze , hard to add anything else to it. I just don't agree with that part about Taheri. I don't think he has any chance for a medal. handling him will be too easy for the likes of Akgul and Geno. and other average 125kg wrestlers in the world will beat him too.  he is just a bad matchup for Zare.

Thanks bud. You may have a point about Taheri.

It's funny how many of the wrestlers who probably would be better reps are getting bested by domestic counterparts. Mohammadian. Zare. Amouzad.

One of the benefits at least of the crazy, slightly dictatorial way of the Iranian selection system is that at least the technical committee can overule and pick who they want in the end to go to Tokyo. May not be fair. But I bet some folks in US would love to just send Dake instead of Burroughs, Yianni instead of Zein. Sometimes the best guy who could medal doesn't necessarily make it through.

I do wish for Mohammadian to get some more mat time. His performance last year was crazy. He would be a great pick with that kind of form at 97kg.

2 hours ago, Shiraz123 said:

Will be hard for Hassan. In my opinion Taylor actually wrestled him a little bit stupid in the first round of their second match and gave up one or two unnecessary takedowns, they will watch that and tighten that up. Other than that from what we have seen Hassan can't really score on him any other way than pushouts. No good when he can only get like 4 of them before he gasses and Taylor starts getting two points after two points. On the mat there's a big gap also. Our coaches need to be a little smarter as well. In the second period of their last match Hassan got a stepout on him but Taylor turned and went back into the mat and ended up with a takedown, that's a 3 point swing. They should have challenged that, would have given Hassan a break also. He was too gassed for it to make a difference in my opinion but still.  Also needs to cheat a little bit and pretend he's injured next time, lol. Otoguro - Bajrang 1 style. 

Btw I wonder what the coaches game plan was for Taylor in Budapest? Talai and Khadem are gone now but they were shouting at him to wrestle calmly during the match, but that's too late. I wonder what they told him during training. Did Hassan break the game plan and do his own thing or did they tell him to more or less wrestle his usual style because he was in better shape for 86 than in their world cup match and they assumed that would be enough? Regardless of if he wins or loses i'm sure he will wrestle him differently this time. I will still pick Taylor though. 

My take on Yaz vs Taylor is that first time round was kinda simple. Yaz first move up to 86kg, was getting used to the weight and he simply gassed trying to tech DT who at present is the only one at 86kg who can handle Yazdani's pace. The combo of getting used to carrying the extra weight and the Taylor coping with the pace just made Yaz gas.

2nd time around. Yazdani was a lot more comfortable with the weight and had now settled in. Yazdani is a such a humble, great guy, but he is a fierce, ruthless and monster competitor on the mat. He wanted to avenge his loss, but not just avenge it. He wanted to completely destroy Taylor and tech or pin him to make sure the last loss is wiped from memory. So he went at his pace and maybe with some emotion too and got his points and lead, but Khadem as you say rightly was trying to get him to calm down but his emotions got the better of him. He made mistakes, again Taylor countered a lot and has the gas that can handle the pace and he managed to turn the tables.

I do not think Taylor is the better wrestler from a skill and technique point of view. In fact I think Ghasempour is even better, yet alone Yazdani. Yaz is stronger too. But if he wants to beat Taylor this time around he better be a lot smarter and strategic in his gameplanning. I don't think he should approach it like when he faces others and just bulldozes them. Cause Taylor has the gas tank to not get outdone like the others with the pure pace as well as the fight IQ to know how to handle the match. Plus  now he has the confidence too as he sees himself 2 up on Yaz.

In my opinion he needs to not wrestle on his knees with Taylor. Wrestle straight up. Use that underhook of his to get push outs and takedowns, but not overstretch and leave him open to counters. If he is up 4 or 6, then instead of pushing for the finish he needs to tighten it up and not go on his knees and be defensive, put the onus on Taylor to score points and shut him out and get any extra points by counters on him. I absolutely believe Yazdani can do this and I feel this should be the gameplan. He doesn't need to tech him necessarily like he does everyone. A win is a win. And he is more than capable of doing that.

8 hours ago, Uwwdoc said:

Hi guys, new to the forum, but most certainly not to wrestling. Always good conversation when I browse the forums from time to time.

With it being less than 5 months to the Olympics and with the recent Italian, Ukranian and domestic matches in Iran between the wrestlers, what are your guys thoughts on what you would like/expect to be the reps at each weigh in FS or GR?

FS 57kg-I appreciate Atri just beat Amouzad in a close match, but personally I feel Amouzad has greater chance of medalling at the Olympics than Atri, he had a great tournament the other month where he only lost to Uguev, but considering his age he gave Uguev a tough time and although it was expected he lose, he was very encouraging and beat some top guys along the way to getting the Bronze medal. Amouzad has a higher ceiling and it would be great to see him in Tokyo too, where I think he does better than Atri against international competition. He has a very bright future.

FS 65kg-Probably Iran's weakest Olympic weight? I suppose it is a case of picking the best out of a shallow pool of talent at this weight, Yazdani probably is the frontrunner. Ehsanpour seems too small and didn't do well in Italy. Unlikely a medal will be gained in this weight. Yazdani seems ok, but I feel he gets a bit overwhelmed mentally against international guys and isn't as tactical as he could be. But probably best option.

FS 74kg-Again probably second weakest behind 65kg. And very unlikely with Burroughs/Dake, Chamizio or Russia that a medal is achieved here. Younes Emami likely frontrunner, probably better choice at this stage than Hosseinkhani. Emami was quite impressive at 70kg last world champs, and he teched Green recently at 74kg.

FS 86kg-Obviously H.Yazdani. I expect him to beat Taylor as well and avenge his losses and get Gold, as long as he strategizes better this time around. A shame for Ghasempour and would have been great for him to be here as well as I feel he would medal if countries had more than 1 rep.

FS 97kg-One of Iran's more exciting weights actually and a bit more clarity now as to who will follow in the footsteps of Reza Yazdani at this weight to achieve glory. Karimi obviously is probably out of the equation after Rome, and I didn't expect him to be the rep at this weight anyway. Good talent at this weight but to me it has to be between Mohammadian and Shabani and even though Shabani recently beat Mohammadian, I would have to say Mohammadian should be the pick at the weight and feel he will do better against international competition and have greater chance to medal than Shabani. His Matteo Pellicone performance last year raised his stock tremendously, pinning Snyder and teching Bo and going on to win like that was super impressive. I reckon he would have great matches against Cox or Sadulaev.

FS 125kg-With time, bad luck and the pandemic catching up with Hadi, it looks like it will be between Taheri and Zare for 125kg. I think both are excellent and have great chances at medalling if either go, hard to pick between the 2. I know Taheri recently bested him though. Tough to pick.

Will post about GR later. Think 4 out 6 weights they have a great chance to medal. Can see Amouzad causing problems for folk, Yazdani expects gold, Mohammadian would be a dark horse in 97kg after his Matteo Pellicone performance last year, and Taheri or Zare are strong wrestlers with good chance of medalling. Let me know your thoughts.

Welcome to the forum.  Great post.  I agree with almost everything you wrote

My two disagreements

1. Taylor is an overwhelming favorite against my favorite wrestler, Hassan.  Yazdani has to find a new strategy and wrestler much smarter to have a chance
  2. Zareh, not Taheri will be Iran's rep.  The loss to Taheri took place after a lot of inactivity and probably poor training by Zareh

6 minutes ago, irani said:

Welcome to the forum.  Great post.  I agree with almost everything you wrote

My two disagreements

1. Taylor is an overwhelming favorite against my favorite wrestler, Hassan.  Yazdani has to find a new strategy and wrestler much smarter to have a chance
  2. Zareh, not Taheri will be Iran's rep.  The loss to Taheri took place after a lot of inactivity and probably poor training by Zareh

Thank you very much. Good to share my thoughts with you guys.

1. Have a look at my reply to Shiraz to see my 2 cents on Yazdani and Taylor.

2. I think it is only fair that these 2 guys have another best out of 3 match. Whether it was inactivity or not you got to give credit to Taheri for beating Zare here. I would like to see them in some international tournaments soon to see how they are looking. Particularly Taheri. I was impressed with him. But it's too early for me to call whether he should take the spot over Zare.

one thing most people don't consider is Taylor's age. when they faced in 2018 Taylor was 27 and Hassan was 23. if they meet in Tokyo Taylor will be 30 (30 and half to be accurate) and Hassan will be 26. I know people have different genetics but for most wrestlers at the age  30 you are in middle of your downhill. we didn't see much of Taylor in the competition in past 2 years to judge him better though. Taylor's win over Hassan wasn't based on pure technique, he needs his body at its best to beat Yazdani again. also remember he had a serious knee surgery back in 2019

if I'm not wrong 2018 was the first year with morning weight-in, if I'm not wrong Americans are much more familiar with that. but for Hassan that was "maybe" too much to handle. having his main opponent right in the first match of the competition when his body wasn't recovered fully from the weight-in.

Taylor will have the mental advantage over Yazdani, which is a big deal in this sport (or any other sport) he will have confidence to face Yazdani while most wrestlers in the world are already lost before even entering the mat to shake hands with Hassan.

considering everything I agree more with @Uwwdoc I consider Yazdani as the favorite. clear favorite actually. but we will see. I hope I'm not wrong lol I think Yazdani should start attacking and score 4-5 points and then sit back and watch Taylor's moves.

5 hours ago, wrestfan said:

one thing most people don't consider is Taylor's age. when they faced in 2018 Taylor was 27 and Hassan was 23. if they meet in Tokyo Taylor will be 30 (30 and half to be accurate) and Hassan will be 26. I know people have different genetics but for most wrestlers at the age  30 you are in middle of your downhill. we didn't see much of Taylor in the competition in past 2 years to judge him better though. Taylor's win over Hassan wasn't based on pure technique, he needs his body at its best to beat Yazdani again. also remember he had a serious knee surgery back in 2019

if I'm not wrong 2018 was the first year with morning weight-in, if I'm not wrong Americans are much more familiar with that. but for Hassan that was "maybe" too much to handle. having his main opponent right in the first match of the competition when his body wasn't recovered fully from the weight-in.

Taylor will have the mental advantage over Yazdani, which is a big deal in this sport (or any other sport) he will have confidence to face Yazdani while most wrestlers in the world are already lost before even entering the mat to shake hands with Hassan.

considering everything I agree more with @Uwwdoc I consider Yazdani as the favorite. clear favorite actually. but we will see. I hope I'm not wrong lol I think Yazdani should start attacking and score 4-5 points and then sit back and watch Taylor's moves.

I hope you are right.

First of all about Taheri:

1) While he is a bad matchup for Zare, I would still favour Zare to beat him. Remember the first match Zare lost 2 - 0 because he went on the shot clock twice and couldn't score. Usually that would be 1 - 1. Zare won the second match, was winning the third match until he went for a takedown at the end and got countered. Taheri can't really do anything to Zare from his own attacks, but he is strong enough and has enough cardio to the point where the matches will always be tight.

2) Taheri right now seems to be in an open feud with the coaches about him not being sent to the Asian championships. We know the coaches don't like thar kind of attitude from the wrestlers, so this discussion may be pointless as they might eliminate Taheri from contention just because of this situation. In my opinion I think sending Zare to Asian championships is a waste of time but that seems to be what they want to do.

I don't think Yazdani is more technical than Taylor or the other way around. They are good at different things. Taylor has cleaner leg attacks and is better when they get tangled up in the ground, as we saw. Hassan is better upper body and can control the centre of the mat better. Hassan is physically stronger but it doesn't matter if he gets tired. Assuming Taylor is at a similar level to 2018, we know Hassan can get around a 4 point lead on him. If he shuts down the match at that point will it be enough is the question. Or maybe just don't do anything the first period and pick up the pace in the second period. They need to wrestle before the Olympics once anyway. 

You guys are probably right about Zare being the overall pick. Would just be nice to see Taheri in an international tournament so we see where he is at, if it is indeed as you guys are saying or if he has upped his game. A shame there are arguments on going at the moment with the coaches.

Overall Yaz very much to me is more technical. From a pure skill level I think Taylor is only better in scrambles and counters. Pretty much everywhere else Yaz seems superior. What Taylor does have is conditioning which can cancel out Yaz's pace and I think he has shown better match IQ which is incredibly important. Yaz will only get tired if he wrestles him the same way as everyone else and goes 100mph and I think it would show poor gameplanning and IQ if he does this again as he needs to learn from his last two matches with Taylor. I think he should wrestle like I explained in the last post, and really wrestle smart as well as strong. Accelerate and decelerate pace as appropriate. I think if Taylor thinks Yaz will gas after 3 mins then Yaz could prove him wrong if he wrestles smart and wins the match.

When are they next due to wrestle prior to Olympics?

Edited by Uwwdoc

TV show with Kamran Ghasempour as guest

https://www.telewebion.com/episode/2532475

the whole show is nonsense, you can jump on the middle of it to watch that part with Ghasempour

he says he is training in the same club as Yazdani since he was 12-13 ! he says he lost 3 times to Hassan but that's 4 actually. it doesn't sound like they are "close friends" as some people say but they know each other for a long long time and has a good relationship.

he will wrestle at 86 or 92 in Norway after the Olympics (of course if he makes the team) but he says he doesn't think about 97kg and that's Impossible.

25 minutes ago, wrestfan said:

TV show with Kamran Ghasempour as guest

https://www.telewebion.com/episode/2532475

the whole show is nonsense, you can jump on the middle of it to watch that part with Ghasempour

he says he is training in the same club as Yazdani since he was 12-13 ! he says he lost 3 times to Hassan but that's 4 actually. it doesn't sound like they are "close friends" as some people say but they know each other for a long long time and has a good relationship.

he will wrestle at 86 or 92 in Norway after the Olympics (of course if he makes the team) but he says he doesn't think about 97kg and that's Impossible.

He has a great chance of taking gold in a world championship straight after Olympics in either of those weights. Big talent.

19 hours ago, wrestfan said:

I agree with your analysis. I had same thought about age. Also Taylor’s recent performance- domestic matches with Gabe Dean, Myles Martin and JB - is not great like in 2018 or 19. I do think Taylor lost a step or two and may be the knee injury and lack of competition due to covid are factors.

i see Yazdani bearing Taylor when they meet next time that I guess is Olympics. Also Artthur Naifnov became Russian champ for 86kg in recent 2021 nationals. Again I am not much worried about him, but you never know Russians always a threat!

1 minute ago, Shiraz123 said:

It's going to be really embarrassing for Hassan if he loses to Taylor from what I am reading here. He's old, injured, not looking great. If Hassan loses to a wrestler at the calibre of Taylor in Tokyo that is extremely humiliating. 

Sarcasm and humor aside, if Yazdani can figure out a way to win gold in the Olympics, he will accomplish something that no other Iran wrestler ever did. Habibi, Takhti, Movahed, Khadem, or Sourian, did not win two Olympics gold medals.

11 hours ago, Shiraz123 said:

It's going to be really embarrassing for Hassan if he loses to Taylor from what I am reading here. He's old, injured, not looking great. If Hassan loses to a wrestler at the calibre of Taylor in Tokyo that is extremely humiliating. 

Needless to say, this is a caricature of what's being said. I would think it is fair enough to point out the differences in Yazdani's and Taylor's respective situation from 2018 to 2021 and how in a game of binary outcomes, cumulative small changes can have a large impact in changing the outcome. After the match with Ghassempour, in the interview Yazdani gave, he was asked why he did not wrestle in his all out attacking style and was quite conservative- His response was that this was an olympic trial and not appropriate to continuously attack without due care and attention. This seems to indicate to me he is now prepared to make radical needed strategic changes in his style of wrestling which will be needed when he meets Taylor again to win . I would think this is quite a relevant factor in the analysis of what is likely to happen in that encounter.

6 hours ago, window12 said:

Needless to say, this is a caricature of what's being said. I would think it is fair enough to point out the differences in Yazdani's and Taylor's respective situation from 2018 to 2021 and how in a game of binary outcomes, cumulative small changes can have a large impact in changing the outcome. After the match with Ghassempour, in the interview Yazdani gave, he was asked why he did not wrestle in his all out attacking style and was quite conservative- His response was that this was an olympic trial and not appropriate to continuously attack without due care and attention. This seems to indicate to me he is now prepared to make radical needed strategic changes in his style of wrestling which will be needed when he meets Taylor again to win . I would think this is quite a relevant factor in the analysis of what is likely to happen in that encounter.

You make an interesting observation, but in my memory, Yazdani has never really wrestled Ghassempour in an attacking style.  He has never attempted to run him over or tech him the way he did with Taylor.  

Do any of you recall Yazdani using an attacking style against Ghassempour?

20 minutes ago, irani said:

You make an interesting observation, but in my memory, Yazdani has never really wrestled Ghassempour in an attacking style.  He has never attempted to run him over or tech him the way he did with Taylor.  

Do any of you recall Yazdani using an attacking style against Ghassempour?

I don't recall too many matches between these two competitors,  but the 2 matches in the past year or so that  I remember Yazdani had been conservative, so you are quite right. I presumably this stems from the familiarity of Yazdani with Ghassempour's style and what he needs to do about it. It may also be an indication that he knows how to wrestle conservatively and may well be preparing to use that adjusted style now that he knows with Taylor it may be problematic to be all attacking. 

36 minutes ago, Shiraz123 said:

Alright it was only a joke don't cry about it. We all want Yazdani to win but unfortunately he only has a very small chance. 

I personally think he has a good chance. The arguments for this have been rationally put forward already on this thread, without undue sarcasm or belittling the argument/attempted discreditation through caricaturization.

1 hour ago, window12 said:

I personally think he has a good chance. The arguments for this have been rationally put forward already on this thread, without undue sarcasm or belittling the argument/attempted discreditation through caricaturization.

He has a great chance of getting 3 pushouts before Taylor puts on a leg attack/scrambling master class and takes the gold. You got to remember that not only does Taylor have the mental advantage (beating Hassan twice) but he gets harassed so frequently by Iranian fans on instagram that he is extremely motivated to beat Yazdani. Cael Sanderson and David Taylor have the formula to beat Hassan and I am extremely worried about what new tricks Taylor will show this time. 

Edited by Shiraz123

17 hours ago, Shiraz123 said:

He has a great chance of getting 3 pushouts before Taylor puts on a leg attack/scrambling master class and takes the gold. You got to remember that not only does Taylor have the mental advantage (beating Hassan twice) but he gets harassed so frequently by Iranian fans on instagram that he is extremely motivated to beat Yazdani. Cael Sanderson and David Taylor have the formula to beat Hassan and I am extremely worried about what new tricks Taylor will show this time. 

17 hours ago, Shiraz123 said:

I think it is a fair enough viewpoint for anyone to have the opinion that Taylor is the favourite for a bunch of reasons, obvious one being he is up 2-0 against him.

But I feel if you look a bit deeper than that as others have said on this thread recently and in my last two points, you can see my detailed justification for why I feel things will be different this time around. I have no bias towards to Yazdani at all. I just say what I see. Purely my objective viewpoint. But at the end of the day it is a viewpoint, nothing is set in stone. I feel if Yazdani loses the 3rd match it will be due to poor game planning and strategy from him and the coaches and will only have himself to blame, something which I feel 2 losses and maturity will form the basis of a solid game plan which he can use to beat Taylor. So in fact, what I am saying is that actually BECAUSE of those 2 losses he is in a greater position to win the 3rd, at least that is how they should see it. Hassan isn't less skilled, as I said before I think actually he is more technical, this will come down to a game of strategy, and Hassan also doesn't simply have a gas tank that is 3 minutes long, he will only gas if he tries to go 100mph for 6 minutes again, which if he hasn't learned after 2 defeats to Taylor that this is a wrong strategy then he will only have himself and coaches to blame for a loss. Saying Taylor will beat Yaz like it is a matter of fact is incorrect, if Cael and Taylor are as cocksure as that then I think it will be Taylor's downfall. Yazdani is not mentally weak to have the 2 losses affect him, you can see that, and in terms of motivation, Taylor would be just as motivated with or without the instagram attacks, he is a very motivated hard worker, but if anything Yazdani is equally, if not more so motivated to avenge those 2 losses, and he is the darling of the Iranian wrestling community and has all of that behind him, motivation will not be an issue for him either.

You say Taylor will have new tricks, but I am not so sure. Why? Because I feel they will feel similar to you. That they have figured Yaz out, and besides for them why fix something that isn't broken. This will be a chess match, a high stakes, high level one, and the onus will be on Yaz to make the next move. Here's seeing if him and his team make the right one. I feel they can, and will.