wrestfan

Iran Wrestling News

based on Bana's recent interview I can say Alireza Nejati (60) and Mohammad Ali Geraei (77) are already selected for Tokyo. and looks like he only considers wrestlers in the camp for the Olympics. he didn't say that directly but that was almost clear from his interview. these 2 guys won the 2020 trials, they both won bronze in worlds 2019 and both won the gold in Ukraine tournament.

he said the rest (including Abdevali) can try their chance at Takhti Cup and whoever successes there will be considered for the 2021 Worlds in Norway! (but not the Olympics)

Edited by wrestfan

8 minutes ago, wrestfan said:

Maybe because this is the most used application in Iran !

Yes but it's terrible for streaming wrestling with 3 mats. I know Youtube is is banned but they could do better than this rubbish. Put it on the IAWF website. Russia does an extremely good job of streaming their tournaments. 

1 minute ago, Shiraz123 said:

Yes but it's terrible for streaming wrestling with 3 mats. I know Youtube is is banned but they could do better than this rubbish. Put it on the IAWF website. Russia does an extremely good job of streaming their tournaments. 

I'm no expert in this but I think it's not that easy to just have a live stream on your website, I mean technically, most organizations/websites do it through youtube

there is an Iranian version of youtube called "Aparat" though, I see they started to use it for livestreaming in some other sports but in general having a live stream is a new thing in Iran, it will probably take years to become a regular thing for most (if not all) wrestling events.

11 minutes ago, wrestfan said:

I'm no expert in this but I think it's not that easy to just have a live stream on your website, I mean technically, most organizations/websites do it through youtube

there is an Iranian version of youtube called "Aparat" though, I see they started to use it for livestreaming in some other sports but in general having a live stream is a new thing in Iran, it will probably take years to become a regular thing for most (if not all) wrestling events.

Just film (atleast) the finals on a HD camera and upload them to the IWF website after the tournament then. They can definitely do that. Very lazy federation in Iran, lol. 

The kid who made tomorrows 55kg final is very strong, I saw one of his matches last year in a Russian tournament where he got the gold but he was wrestling at 45kg then and all the tournaments got cancelled after so we didn't get to see him at another tournament. Will be interesting to see him at cadet asians and worlds (assuming he wins his final which after I wrote this i'm sure he will get destroyed) 

brackets are out for the Asian Qualifier. all 3 of them avoid Uzbekistan!

Yazdani only has to beat the Russian guy of Bahrain or South Korea to qualify
Emami has to beat Turkmenistan, China and India to qualify. (India should not be underestimated)
Mohammadian has to beat Japan, Turkmenistan and maybe Mongolia,India or Korea to qualify.

the draw is even better in Greco. I really expect Iran to qualify all 6 remaining weights here.

2 minutes ago, wrestfan said:

brackets are out for the Asian Qualifier. all 3 of them avoid Uzbekistan!

Yazdani only has to beat the Russian guy of Bahrain or South Korea to qualify
Emami has to beat Turkmenistan, China and India to qualify. (India should not be underestimated)
Mohammadian has to beat Japan, Turkmenistan and maybe Mongolia,India or Korea to qualify.

the draw is even better in Greco. I really expect Iran to qualify all 6 remaining weights here.

Yes, Indian guy Sandeep Singh Mann here after beating both Jatinder and Narsingh Yadav in trials. He is good, would be interesting match with Iran in semis!

18 hours ago, Shiraz123 said:

The kid who made tomorrows 55kg final is very strong, I saw one of his matches last year in a Russian tournament where he got the gold but he was wrestling at 45kg then and all the tournaments got cancelled after so we didn't get to see him at another tournament. Will be interesting to see him at cadet asians and worlds (assuming he wins his final which after I wrote this i'm sure he will get destroyed) 

OMG, every time I say something on this thread it goes the other way. I searched the guy's results and he seemed to have won every tournament he ever entered going back to wrestling 30kg, he lost 6-6 in the final here! I am never hoping for a win for a wrestler ever again. As I am cursed I will just say:

All our guys have no chance of qualifying, Taylor is going to destroy Hassan, and we won't win any golds in the Olympics. Younes Emami had no chance against Sandeep Sing man

And at 57 Higuchi has Mongolia in the first round and then it gets easy for whoever wins. So one of those will have to go the last chance qualifier. Olympics could be easier for Atri than worlds because of smaller brackets. 

21 minutes ago, spladle08 said:

Who's iran sending to the Olympics at heavy?

If I need to know anything about wrestling or sports, I ask Frank Rizzo because he knows more than me.

Yet to be determined.  Zareh and Taheri are the main contenders, with Moehbi with an outside shot.

Zareh would have been the hands down favorite, but he lost to Taheri, and that opened everything up.

I don't think there is any question at his best, Zareh has far more potential than the other two at their best, but Zareh was not close to being at his best in the last trial

47 minutes ago, Shiraz123 said:

And speaking of HW, Fardin Masoumi's son won the cadet team trials today at 110kg .

Wow, how time flies.

good for the Masoumi family.  I hope the young Masoumi will be giving Zareh a run for it, their ages are not that far a apart, so they could be rivals for years

1 minute ago, irani said:

Yeah he couldn't watch lol. Unfortunately I didn't see his matches because I turned it off after the 55kg final, but looking at the results it seems he won all his matches by 10 points, so his dad had nothing to be stressed about. We will see them soon at Asian cadets in June. The junior trials are in the next few days also. 

5 minutes ago, Shiraz123 said:

Yeah he couldn't watch lol. Unfortunately I didn't see his matches because I turned it off after the 55kg final, but looking at the results it seems he won all his matches by 10 points, so his dad had nothing to be stressed about. We will see them soon at Asian cadets in June. The junior trials are in the next few days also. 

The elder Masoumi looks in pretty good shape, looks like he could still wrestle

5 hours ago, freestyle_fan said:

Yes, Indian guy Sandeep Singh Mann here after beating both Jatinder and Narsingh Yadav in trials. He is good, would be interesting match with Iran in semis!

How do you know so much about Indian wrestling?