wrestfan

Iran Wrestling News

1 hour ago, wrestfan said:

Bekbulatov got pinned while leading 8-0! 65kg in Bulgaria will be more interesting !

Goes to show you snooze you lose- I was watching that and decided to switch to the other match an boom missed all the action. I am not as upset as Bekbulatov though needless to say...

13 minutes ago, window12 said:

Goes to show you snooze you lose- I was watching that and decided to switch to the other match an boom missed all the action. I am not as upset as Bekbulatov though needless to say...

Weight cut reasons for both Atri and Amouzad I assume

2 minutes ago, Shiraz123 said:

Weight cut reasons for both Atri and Amouzad I assume

Thanks- Makes sense-Good to see that our veteran  M. Hosseinkhani is there to hold the forte at 74 kg at least. I am much relieved after that.

Loool yes always good to have reliable Hosseinkhani. To be honest I didn't think Emami looked great today, maybe getting used to 74kg. Should have gone up earlier after 2019 but he has time until Tokyo. Anyway maybe I am wrong we will see in the final. 

All 3 guys done really well. And I think with this they have solidified their positions to rep at the weight. I am glad as I feel Mohammadian is a bigger threat than Shabani.

Only question remains over 57 and 125. If Zare wins gold this week I think it raises his profile over Taheri who is likely to get gold today but perhaps they will do another wrestleoff? Tough to say.

I also hope that Amouzad gets sent over Atri despite Atri beating him.

Poya naserpour won gold at 60 in Dan Kolov and jamal ebadi won gold too. I believe Mahdi Fallah got silver at 87kg in Greco-Roman (is this Irans weakest weight in all 12 olympic weights?)

Taheri and Goleij are gonna wrestle shortly but it would be a shock if they don't win gold either.

Edited by Uwwdoc

8 minutes ago, Shiraz123 said:

Loool yes always good to have reliable Hosseinkhani. To be honest I didn't think Emami looked great today, maybe getting used to 74kg. Should have gone up earlier after 2019 but he has time until Tokyo. Anyway maybe I am wrong we will see in the final. 

I agree Emami is good technically, but perhaps not as strong as the top established 74 Kg guys such as  Dake, Sidakov or Chamizo as yet but here is hoping for an upset at the olympics...

he;s going to stop the USA from qualifying. Total disaster for them. Hopefully all 3 of our guys get to wrestle for the gold and nobody forfeits, good experience. 

How do you know JO will even face Bekbulatov? They may be on opposite sides of the bracket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If they send Zare and Taheri to an international tournament I think the coaches can sleep securely knowing Zare will out place him. This guy has a extremely small chance against anyone decent, Venezuela match was beyond terrible. I know it's a matchup issue but my thoughts on Zare are down for losing to this guy. Hopefully it was due in part to covid interfering with his training. 

25 minutes ago, Shiraz123 said:

If they send Zare and Taheri to an international tournament I think the coaches can sleep securely knowing Zare will out place him. This guy has a extremely small chance against anyone decent, Venezuela match was beyond terrible. I know it's a matchup issue but my thoughts on Zare are down for losing to this guy. Hopefully it was due in part to covid interfering with his training. 

Taheri really isn't as bad as you make him out to be. Reading your posts makes him sound like a big strong tub of goo who will not gas. Yes Zare is probably better overall but Taheri has made clear improvements. I think Zare should go, but Taheri is decent. Even beating a diminished Zare shows that.

Edited by Uwwdoc

2 minutes ago, Uwwdoc said:

Taheri really isn't as bad as you make him out to be. Reading your posts makes him sound like a big strong tub of goo who will gas. Yes Zare is probably better overall but Taheri has made clear improvements. I think Zare should go, but Taheri is decent. Even beating a diminished Zare shows that.

He won't gas lol, that's the problem for Zare! He's big, strong and never gets tired. That's all there is to it. More technical wrestlers destroy him the first. Happened many times before.

I really think Taheri is that bad, he never beat a semi decent foreign wrestler. that Venezuela guy lost 10-0 to Canada and to Gwiazdowski at the PanAmerican qualifiers. no credit for beating him. I also think technical wrestlers will destroy him. I can bet he will lose 10-0 to Geno P.

I have absolutely nothing personal against him, I will wish him the best of luck if he is going to represent Iran in Tokyo. but if we say Zare has 50% chance of medal in Tokyo. for Taheri it's something like 5-10%. I also hope Zare wasn't just in his best shape during the trials. even in those 3 matches Taheri didn't attack for 18 minutes. just collected some points from cautions and one last throw on Zare's mistake.

7 minutes ago, Shiraz123 said:

He won't gas lol, that's the problem for Zare! He's big, strong and never gets tired. That's all there is to it. More technical wrestlers destroy him the first. Happened many times before.

Yes that's what I meant. Having cardio like that at that weight is something of a commodity in itself, where most guys don't and he can prove a difficult style for a lot of international guys, he has made technical improvements though recently, but probably not enough for the top tier guys but I'm not sure Zare is there yet either. He isn't just a gym bro that lifts weights. Different to Zare, but not bad at all. I would have rather him been in a stronger international tournament so we could really see how he stands compared to Zare.

4 minutes ago, wrestfan said:

I really think Taheri is that bad, he never beat a semi decent foreign wrestler. that Venezuela guy lost 10-0 to Canada and to Gwiazdowski at the PanAmerican qualifiers. no credit for beating him. I also think technical wrestlers will destroy him. I can bet he will lose 10-0 to Geno P.

I have absolutely nothing personal against him, I will wish him the best of luck if he is going to represent Iran in Tokyo. but if we say Zare has 50% chance of medal in Tokyo. for Taheri it's something like 5-10%. I also hope Zare wasn't just in his best shape during the trials. even in those 3 matches Taheri didn't attack for 18 minutes. just collected some points from cautions and one last throw on Zare's mistake.

Lol yous are being too harsh. Worse than Zare? Almost certainly. But he sounds like a sack of potatoes reading this. He is still young and can only beat what is put in front of him so we have to give credit where it is due. He just won gold and beat Zare. If he flopped at Dan Kolov the rants would be wild.

I still want Zare to rep. But if he doesn't have a good showing at the Asian Championships then it will be a hard case to deny Taheri. Which is why I hope Zare wins cause I agree with the medal chances. Just saying Taheri really is not that bad.

That was quite a bit below the belt- digging a poor  old match up to make a spurious point. Proves very little about here and now.  He beat Zare in best of 3 as per rules recently- Old matches have zero validity in that regards. 

5 minutes ago, window12 said:

That was quite a bit below the belt- digging a poor  old match up to make a spurious point. Proves very little about here and now.  He beat Zare in best of 3 as per rules recently- Old matches have zero validity in that regards. 

Poor?? Did you watch the video? 

52 minutes ago, Shiraz123 said:

Is he improved or did he just have the right opponents today and yesterday? This is him from a while back.

I think the main words in your sentence is "a while back". We could post videos of David Taylor getting smoked from Lashgari and commenting on him like that. But his recent results have been successful whether it is Dan Kolov or Zare and you cannot deny that. What we need to see is how he does against stiffer competition to see if he really is good enough to go to Tokyo over Zare, at the moment it is tough to call

3 minutes ago, Uwwdoc said:

I think the main words in your sentence is "a while back". We could post videos of David Taylor getting smoked from Lashgari and commenting on him like that. But his recent results have been successful whether it is Dan Kolov or Zare and you cannot deny that. What we need to see is how he does against stiffer competition to see if he really is good enough to go to Tokyo over Zare, at the moment it is tough to call

I can deny it because as the video showed he always had the ability to destroy weak wrestlers AND he also even beat Hadi sometime early after the last Olympics, either late 2016 or 2017. Yes he beat Hadi 4/5 years ago. So we know he always could have some success against that style of wrestler who is not overly technical but big and strong. 

And he didn't get smoked. Are you guys just looking at the video and assuming I linked an old loss? He won easily in the first period which is my point. Taylor got destroyed by Lashgari.

1 hour ago, Uwwdoc said:

Lol yous are being too harsh. Worse than Zare? Almost certainly. But he sounds like a sack of potatoes reading this. He is still young and can only beat what is put in front of him so we have to give credit where it is due. He just won gold and beat Zare. If he flopped at Dan Kolov the rants would be wild.

I still want Zare to rep. But if he doesn't have a good showing at the Asian Championships then it will be a hard case to deny Taheri. Which is why I hope Zare wins cause I agree with the medal chances. Just saying Taheri really is not that bad.

wrong, he picked a very easy tournament himself, he could go to Italy but he didn't and most probably faked an injury because Taka Akgul was on the list. It's hard to believe that he recovered so fast in couple of weeks. he knows himself how weak he is against likes of Akgul.

and seriously you are giving him credit for beating Diaz from Venezuela ?!! this guy tried 97kg at the Pan American qualifiers and lost both matches 12-1 to Salas (CUB) and Steen (CAN), Iran's U16 team member can probably beat him. it was a waste of time and money to participate in this tournament, I can't even recognize most of these wrestlers. it was a very low level competition,. much much lower than Iran junior trials and I'm not exaggerating at all.

and if Zare can't win the Asian Championship, he better gives up the spot and retires.